PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst Forrest's Elbow

djbuzz07
26-09-2017, 08:49
Hi,

Loving PC2 in VR it's amazing, sure there a few bugs to sort out although it's better than PC1 on release and an impressive feat that it looks better & seems to be less GPU intensive.

I am having a nightmare with certain corner types, namely Forrest's Elbow on Bathurst, I've changed the brake balance and just no joy, any tips?

Thanks,

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 08:53
Short answer: Don't brake while cornering.

Longer answer: Braking while going downhill will almost always lead to oversteering because the rear wheels are getting much lighter.
Brake at or before the steep dip and let the car cruise through the corner.

SIR_Driftalot
26-09-2017, 09:30
You need to try and wash off as much speed as you can/dare going round the right hander just before the crest leading to the elbow, any use of the brakes before the turn in of Forrest elbow should be more for stability than speed reduction, take a semi early apex to tuck the nose in nice, taking advantage of the camber of the corner, then get on the throttle asap while walking the car to the outside of the track to maintain momentum.

And remember, the chase is always flat out.

RAVEracer
26-09-2017, 09:34
Ah. It's very easy to lock the rears here, also the same in pCARS1. Floor it from the dipper, get up to fourth for just a moment and as Bealdor says brake before the elbow then let it role through. It feels slow, but you can hug the apex nice and get on the throttle early for a good exit onto Conrod.

drathuu
26-09-2017, 09:41
I downshift as im taking the right and braking.. end up mid track, lift off.. then straight line brake (NO Turning) prior to turning left... The car weight is all forward going downhill making the rear Extremely light.. Any turning whilst brakeing will step the car out.. (Yes i have stepped the car out their in real life doing just this)..

takaii
26-09-2017, 10:39
Yeah break before downhill , what i do is i come in at fifth gear on a gt3 car then break and gear down to 3 gear and cruise down (also learn how much you can cut so you go as straight as possble which will make breakign easier) and breaking in easy before turn and also engine while getting lower speed gear down to first gear. then just getting past that section pretty easy then be sure to break while going straight before last turn left and dont go to fast.

Its what works for me.

Also if you still feel you get to much oversteer during break try shift break force more to front on this map. might better suit your way to drive