PDA

View Full Version : What tyres for wet race ??

BigDad
26-09-2017, 08:50
When driving the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in the rain i can drive competitively with the Ai using tyres set by weather but if i try the 2016 Mercedes AMG GT R with tyres set by weather the car is just about impossible to even get around a corner , it's fun but not fast . I've tried setting up the car with a wet set up but that only improved a tiny bit .
Are the road car tyres the same tyre as each other if set by weather ?

By the way , road cars in pCARS 2 are just amazing , probably so are all cars but i just cant get out of these things .lol

keem85
26-09-2017, 09:46
I think there is a bug, where right front and rear right are changing according to weather, where left side has other tyres.. I've encountered this several times. I have to manually set my tyres before every race, because they differ from each other :/

Luke Townsend
26-09-2017, 09:49
I think there is a bug, where right front and rear right are changing according to weather, where left side has other tyres.. I've encountered this several times. I have to manually set my tyres before every race, because they differ from each other :/

That's a good spot! Hope the devs see this so they can splat it! :)

Jussi Karjalainen
26-09-2017, 10:16
If they're really doing that then we must investigate, please report each car that does it as you encounter them, if at all can.

For road cars it's a tricky thing to some extent. All tyres can handle water somewhat, but the ones that are perhaps strictly the best at it, especially for puddles, are the P Zero, aka hardest of the road tyres. However if the track isn't fully saturated, you might actually find that you can get more grip out of the car on the more grippy Corsa tyres, due to better grip overall, but suffer from worse problems when hitting the wettest parts of the track. On some tracks and conditions I've gotten exactly the same sort of times with both P Zero and P Zero Corsa tyres, in others either one has had the possibility to be faster.

keem85
26-09-2017, 10:40
If they're really doing that then we must investigate, please report each car that does it as you encounter them, if at all can.

For road cars it's a tricky thing to some extent. All tyres can handle water somewhat, but the ones that are perhaps strictly the best at it, especially for puddles, are the P Zero, aka hardest of the road tyres. However if the track isn't fully saturated, you might actually find that you can get more grip out of the car on the more grippy Corsa tyres, due to better grip overall, but suffer from worse problems when hitting the wettest parts of the track. On some tracks and conditions I've gotten exactly the same sort of times with both P Zero and P Zero Corsa tyres, in others either one has had the possibility to be faster.

I don't remember all cars, but I do remember McLaren F1 in wet japan track. Saikko or Sutton, or what was it called? It starts in a slight downward angle and have two turns to the right, before turning left uphill.

EDIT: I selected custom race, selected McLaren F1 +20 opponents of the same car, heavy rain in Sutton. I think it was 2 weather slot, rain + random and it was 4 laps or so.

F1Aussie
26-09-2017, 13:51
I noticed a bug with tyre changes in a wet race, even though I setup pit strategy with wet tyres, and I check icm before pitting I can see wet weather tyres going on but when I check in game tyre app it says slicks, this happened with Renault rs01 at auto and another car somewhere else. When I chose to restart race tyre strategy worked correctly.

Jussi Karjalainen
26-09-2017, 14:22
I noticed a bug with tyre changes in a wet race, even though I setup pit strategy with wet tyres, and I check icm before pitting I can see wet weather tyres going on but when I check in game tyre app it says slicks, this happened with Renault rs01 at auto and another car somewhere else. When I chose to restart race tyre strategy worked correctly.Did you allow the car to get out of the pits fully? Especially if you were under AI control during pitting the HUD doesn't update to your current tyre until you're back on the track.

keem85
26-09-2017, 19:01
Did you allow the car to get out of the pits fully? Especially if you were under AI control during pitting the HUD doesn't update to your current tyre until you're back on the track.

I was not in the pit. I started in the grid.. After I slipped and crashed in the first turn, I clicked restart session, and I went to the tuning menu. It was here that I saw the 50/50 difference.

F1Aussie
27-09-2017, 14:05
Did you allow the car to get out of the pits fully? Especially if you were under AI control during pitting the HUD doesn't update to your current tyre until you're back on the track.

Jussi Karjalainen this was while I was driving laps after I pitted, while out on track I was thinking that the tyres did not seem right as I was sliding all over the place, when I checked i was on hard slicks.

F1Aussie
30-09-2017, 14:42
Hey Jussi, had the same bug tonight using gte corvette at donington, slicks went on when I requested wets.

Morgenmuffel
30-09-2017, 16:22
Lol...and im struggling days with the pitstops/tyres and want fire my whole crew... or me :-(

F1Aussie
06-10-2017, 13:03
Happened again, Aston Martin get at Brno, had wet tyres set for pitstop but gots given slicks again.

satco1066
06-10-2017, 15:14
did you all create a race strategy for wets and then selected that strategy in ICM or did you directly select wets in ICM.
This could be a difference.So for the devs its easier to find something if you add that information.
Thanks

rich1e I
06-10-2017, 15:58
I can confirm that tyres set by weather doesn't always work. Noticed it when driving the Nissan GT3 at Red Bull Ring. Grip was very bad, even after getting some temperature into the tyres. Then I set softs manually and grip was better with cold tyres than before with warm tyres.

TheKitten
06-10-2017, 16:46
I did a race yesterday in the AMG GT-R and it drove really bad, it was sliding all over the place..

F1Aussie
07-10-2017, 13:08
did you all create a race strategy for wets and then selected that strategy in ICM or did you directly select wets in ICM.
This could be a difference.So for the devs its easier to find something if you add that information.
Thanks
yes I did create a wet strategy and had it selected, then before I pitted I checked the icm and it was set to wet, every time.