PDA

View Full Version : Brakes still keep locking up!

Demonracer001
26-09-2017, 09:18
I posted a thread a few days ago about handling problems I now seem to have that sorted but my brakes still keep locking up and it's not like I'm really pressing on the pedal but on the other hand when playing PCars 1 you had to really apply quite a lot of pressure on the brakes before they actually locked up and skidded I really enjoyed that smooth progressive feel the brakes had on PCars1 and feel they could have kept that in PCars 2 is anyone else experiencing this problem and are there any other ways to alleviate this?

Plato99
26-09-2017, 11:24
I had the same issue in the Ginetta G40. Reducing braking force to 90% produced a horrible front end patter.
Reducing it to 85% cured the patter and the lock ups.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 13:38
Put your brake sensitivity on main controllers settings config to 50. this is the direct 1 : 1 input for your controller see below

steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 50
throttle deadzone 0
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 0
brake sensitivity 50
clutch N/a
speed sensitivity 95
damper saturation 75
controller damping 0

Demonracer001
26-09-2017, 14:49
Thankyou AstroSmurf for your settings but I forgot to say in the thread that I have a thrustmaster tmx wheel don't know whether that will be any use to you?

Demonracer001
26-09-2017, 14:51
Thanks Plato I also drive ginetta cars a lot so that could come in handy

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 15:03
the other settings apart from brake sensitivity are probably useless to you then. they were for controller set ups. nice 1 for reply

Plato99
26-09-2017, 16:09
Thanks Plato I also drive ginetta cars a lot so that could come in handy

More than welcome. Gotta love Leeds' finest :)

bennoj61
26-09-2017, 16:20
I also have a TMX wheel/pedal setup. I dropped the brake sensitivity to 40 and am finding the brakes not locking up as much now. 30 was too low, kept going off on corners, so the sweet spot is probably somewhere in the mid-30s.

Demonracer001
26-09-2017, 16:57
Thanks a lot benno will try that setting.

aelson.guerra
27-09-2017, 11:39
I hope this help: I did set the ABS pressure to 20% and brakes force to 85% and the brakes stop lock up.

Johann26
27-09-2017, 12:17
Budd, I have the same problem with the Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro Pedals

Casey Ringley
27-09-2017, 12:50
I also have a TMX wheel/pedal setup. I dropped the brake sensitivity to 40 and am finding the brakes not locking up as much now. 30 was too low, kept going off on corners, so the sweet spot is probably somewhere in the mid-30s.

:encouragement: Brake sensitivity in controller settings is the #1 thing to adjust in getting braking feel exactly to your liking. No two controllers are exactly alike in this regard and no two drivers either. That goes double for gamepad controllers. In testing, we've noticed there is more than a little bit of manufacturing tolerance in these devices which can make different sensitivities desirable. Fiddle around with those numbers to find what feels best for you.

Dynomight Motorsports
27-09-2017, 13:01
I'm having problems finding the sweet spot with the load cell. Not sure if I'm completely sold on it yet.

Casey Ringley
27-09-2017, 14:07
Ooo yeah. :) Load cell adds a whole extra layer of complexity to your setup with the extra mechanical parts and variables. Stick with it though! I've only used good load cell brake pedals a few times and, when tuned in to your liking, nothing beats it.

bmanic
27-09-2017, 14:18
It also takes a while to acclimatize from "position thinking" to "pressure thinking". I briefly had a chance to play with a load cell on a simrig and I couldn't brake at all consistently. I was constantly thinking like I do with my crappy Thrustmaster pedals, where it's all about the pedal position, not the pressure.

IJerichoI
27-09-2017, 14:21
This is also the hardest part to adapt to if you do a trackday IRL, coming from simracing. I tell you, braking really is the thing where you lose the most time IRL at the beginning.

Mowzer
27-09-2017, 14:40
I had the same issue in the Ginetta G40. Reducing braking force to 90% produced a horrible front end patter.

Is that the G40 junior?

Casey Ringley
27-09-2017, 14:41
It also takes a while to acclimatize from "position thinking" to "pressure thinking". I briefly had a chance to play with a load cell on a simrig and I couldn't brake at all consistently. I was constantly thinking like I do with my crappy Thrustmaster pedals, where it's all about the pedal position, not the pressure.

This^ It did help that first time I tried one was immediately after our visit to DirtFish, where all the cars have power brakes removed. Very firm pedal on those Subarus and the load cell rig felt identical.

Plato99
27-09-2017, 15:43
Is that the G40 junior?

Yes it is.

Wolfzz
27-09-2017, 16:04
The Cars seem to Brake by themselves when I take my foot off the accelerator (I'm not even touching the Brake Pedal) why is that?

Ekay.jay
27-09-2017, 16:15
The Cars seem to Brake by themselves when I take my foot off the accelerator (I'm not even touching the Brake Pedal) why is that?

Check to see if you have “Brake assist” turned on or off.

clanky
27-09-2017, 17:05

Would this be the "combined pedal" option? I'm not sure as I haven't tried it. Select seperate pedals and see if it still does it. If not ,then maybe you pedal needs recalibrated or is somehow reversed. If you apply brake does it remove the brake?

Demonracer001
27-09-2017, 19:06

A quick update,just found out you used the G40 junior instead I used the other G40 maybe that's why your tune didn't work but what I did was enlist the help of my uncle who's an ex-mechanic and what he did was
Knock the brake pressure down to 80% and the brake balance to around 50/50 our test track was the red bull ring and found it was much nicer,maybe this could work for you too.

Mowzer
27-09-2017, 19:41
Yes it is.

Cool thanks for the tip i will give that a go :cool:.

Wolfzz
28-09-2017, 11:03
Would this be the "combined pedal" option? I'm not sure as I haven't tried it. Select seperate pedals and see if it still does it. If not ,then maybe you pedal needs recalibrated or is somehow reversed. If you apply brake does it remove the brake?

My Combined Pedals option is already off and braking assist was turned off
I will keep playing with the wheel settings cheers