PDA

View Full Version : Formula C is a real pain in the

dan2312
26-09-2017, 10:50
Ive been messing around with this car in Brno and everytime i think ive cracked a good setup i seem to always get lift off oversteer and its awful, the ai cars just hammer me everytime, even if i get it right. ive lost patience with it,

Ive just started donny, been messing with setup to give maximum grip at the back and even messed with the coast LSD to decrease chance of lift off oversteer, to a point where the car is getting difficult to steer, ive softened the suspension, anti roll bar, you name it ive done it.

I think its just bugged out, something is wrong somewhere and starting to think its the game.

I was at the point on practice on donnington park where i had high downforce and the car would not turn at speed, it was like i had zero downforce.

I even loaded up the SMS default setting and i get hammered by the ai and still get lift off oversteer.

Im playing with authentic settings, difficulty at 80% aggression at 90%. I even lowered the difficulty from 100%.

Is there anyway to abandon season so i can repick another championship like the clios?

jamrag2009
26-09-2017, 11:03
are you getting the rear tyres to heat up?

Skev
26-09-2017, 11:38
Ive been messing around with this car in Brno and everytime i think ive cracked a good setup i seem to always get lift off oversteer and its awful, the ai cars just hammer me everytime, even if i get it right. ive lost patience with it,

Ive just started donny, been messing with setup to give maximum grip at the back and even messed with the coast LSD to decrease chance of lift off oversteer, to a point where the car is getting difficult to steer, ive softened the suspension, anti roll bar, you name it ive done it.

I think its just bugged out, something is wrong somewhere and starting to think its the game.

I was at the point on practice on donnington park where i had high downforce and the car would not turn at speed, it was like i had zero downforce.

I even loaded up the SMS default setting and i get hammered by the ai and still get lift off oversteer.

Im playing with authentic settings, difficulty at 80% aggression at 90%. I even lowered the difficulty from 100%.

Is there anyway to abandon season so i can repick another championship like the clios?

I understand it is the game and is being looked at (along with gear ratios).
I haven't found a way to abandon a season so I think it's either a case of starting again with a new driver, or (as I have done), racing with wet tyres as they offer a lot more grip and enjoyment.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 11:39
FC has a known issue with getting heat in the slicks. If you select rain tyres, it should work much better, just to confirm it's only tyres.

dan2312
26-09-2017, 12:19
Ah Brilliant, its gonna be weird using wets on a dry surface, but if it helps ill give it a go.

Thanks.

Diluvian
26-09-2017, 12:40
[e] maybe its worth mentioning that there are multiple setups shipped with the game (called loose or stable) .. maybe you should try the stable setup if you didn't already do that :)

I didn't test on that specific car but you can try to change the following, too:

Raise engine mapping 3-5 ticks (you get less engine braking) and change the diff setup by setting the coast ramp value lower a good amount (I don't know the default) for the rear (for example from 70 to ~40). You can try extreme low values just to proof that you're changing the correct parameter :)

Next you can try raising ne negative camber a bit (e.g. if it's -2.0 then -2.2) and/or minimising rear tire pressures. I don't know the current settings but it could propably help you. There is more you can do but try this first imo :)

AsteCz
26-09-2017, 12:48
Lift off oversteer mid-corner (or when just turning off throttle), increase the preload.. It helps a lot!

dan2312
26-09-2017, 13:32
When i just changed to wets i had a much easier time, But i see what people mean when the gears are bugged, it wouldn't change down for me on the 2 u-turns on donny park.

Yeah, Thanks for the advice on car setups above, but i tried nearly all the above with no luck, until i changed the tyres.

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 14:12
Glad I found this thread. Tried a quick custom race last night in the FC, and felt like a complete noob all over again. I used to really like the FC in PCARS1 as I could really cane it and it just did what I wanted. Now in 2, I'm losing the back end in long sweepers, and swapping ends seemingly every time I come off-throttle. Tried more rear downforce and softening the rear sway bar a bit...helped a little, but I still feel like I have to be super tentative. I'll have to try that suggestion of rain tires in the dry, though that just feels all kinds of wrong. Hopefully this gets sorted soon, as I'd love to start some FC in my career, but not like this.