PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Save setups bug

Plato99
26-09-2017, 11:27
One to add to the list please devs:

Oulton Park Fosters. Saving setups always saves the track as "Circuit of the Americas".
Not tried saving setup on any other track yet, so not sure if this an issue peculiar to Oulton.

rpstar
26-09-2017, 11:56
This bug is all over the place unfortunately. I'd say of all the xbox version bugs the save/restore of setups needs to take priority as it get's in the way the most of anything. Horrible bug as I don't think it's just the naming itself but flaky loading/saving also.

koen0373
26-09-2017, 18:59
This bug is all over the place unfortunately. I'd say of all the xbox version bugs the save/restore of setups needs to take priority as it get's in the way the most of anything. Horrible bug as I don't think it's just the naming itself but flaky loading/saving also.

Couldn't agree more. Naming of setups is a joke. Not only Setups don't save properly, but settings I have changed returned to their old settings once you've given it a try on track. Very annoying. Or settings don't transfer to the car at all.

Instead of making the car faster, I've now turned to a new strategy: Making the AI slower a few %. I don't think that is what we want...

Linx
26-09-2017, 21:07
I experienced something yesterday. After two days of playing with no problems, I turned it on yesterday to find I had to reassign all my buttons. Wondering if I'll have to do the same tonight when I get home. Another issue I've had is occasionally during game play, It'll freeze on me for a few seconds then come back to normal but I'll find myself in a wall or off track.

Rockefelluh
26-09-2017, 23:20
I saw this the first day with oulton and also Knockhill. Knockhill defaulted to Indy chassis and some other track. I created a thread but I don't think anyone posted after the OP.

FIA
27-09-2017, 00:07
Yes this is already in the bug thread
and its on all tracks and cars, keep the same car at another track and the track name always stays the same
setting will default on you after you do a restart, like you go back to setting and ....default
its all confusing and needs a rework

and this can get to you when, you have a good setting for a TT and its saved, but now the save is a default
this can happen too...

LukeC1991
27-09-2017, 02:32
Don’t know if it’s been reported yet, but sometimes in career it will think I’m driving a different car. For example I got to my 2nd Formula A race, went to load a setup but all of my Formula C setups appeared. I quit the session and went back into it to see if it loaded my correct setups, but nope my Formuls C setups were all I could load. I had to go into private testing, load the Formula A setup I needed and take pictures of each screen so I could put it back in my career. Very, very long work around!

Texas PJ Pete
27-09-2017, 04:21
One to add to the list please devs:

Oulton Park Fosters. Saving setups always saves the track as "Circuit of the Americas".
Not tried saving setup on any other track yet, so not sure if this an issue peculiar to Oulton.

Notice this too!! Also had issues of setups not saving an going back in to adjust, have found that creating a new save is a quick fix atm and over writing any setup i don't need seems to fix it.

Did have an issue where I took a photo of cars on track and game crashed and I lost my current saved setup but kept any previous setups.

Psychomatrix
27-09-2017, 11:23
Setup didn't loaded automatically for each track. Then the track is not. Even when I make a Ford GTE setup at LeMans it say Laguna seca.
Thankfully it's been saved on the right track.
Then it's been always the first loading setup when you go in the tuning screen.

z3r0cool77
27-09-2017, 21:52
For me, I can save setups in practice and into qual then the dissapear for the race. I can create a test or custom race and still see them but in career race they arent there.

Ravager619
02-10-2017, 01:35
My problem is I can create, edit, save and load my setups in practice or time trial mode. It says they're loaded in custom race, but I can tell from the car handling they're not loaded. It's as if the Loose setup is loaded all the time in custom race.

Rockefelluh
06-10-2017, 05:58
I'm so confused by this bug. It does not seem to have a pattern to it at all. I was online and the setup name a description seem to work. But then you go in to qualifying or the race and my fuel load is not what I set it at. Ugh! I don't know if it is even worth fiddling with setup since it won't save or doesn't seem to carry over to the race.

E.Hak
06-10-2017, 06:49
Two times in 6 days I have lost ALL career progress! Only way to half fix it is to only use a single setup for the championship you are in, once finished, delete it and start again in the next one. It worked for me for 6 days then I lost everything AGAIN! I did the same career path in order to see if I could find the problem but the problem is Project CARS. Eight times in the original game I had to reinstall because of 'Saved Data File'. Yesterday I did 2hr at Spa then 2hr at Le Mans in Endurance, I had already done Indy 500 (I was at Indy when I lost my first career) and I was currently in Formula X at Fuji... Next race Azures (Monaco - Triple Crown). The race started, there was an amazing pile up involving all A.I. and myself then the game froze! I waited in the hope it would come round but it didn't. I shut down, cleared cache, reloaded and my career had gone again! I have nothing to say on it, I just hope other people are not having the same issues as me... In fact I am quite depressed by it. :(

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 06:55
I'm so confused by this bug. It does not seem to have a pattern to it at all. I was online and the setup name a description seem to work. But then you go in to qualifying or the race and my fuel load is not what I set it at. Ugh! I don't know if it is even worth fiddling with setup since it won't save or doesn't seem to carry over to the race.
It's a known issue, I encountered it last week as well and I found that just going into the Tuning menu (so not into the editor, just the menu) it loads the correct set-up/fuel amount as shown at the top right of the screen (car status).

Shumway
06-10-2017, 20:04
How do you save multiple setups for the same car?? Either for same or different tracks.

I can only save setups by selecting “save over existing setup slot”
If I try to “save to new setup slot” and select “create new setup” either for specific track or all tracks, then I cannot get past the “enter tuning setup name”. When I click Continue it just jumps back to the same screen asking me to enter the tune name, and has reverted the name back to the default car name.

Basicblaq
06-10-2017, 20:10
How do you save multiple setups for the same car?? Either for same or different tracks.

If I try to “save to new setup slot” and select “create new setup” either for specific track or all tracks, then I cannot get past the “enter tuning setup name”. When I click Continue it just jumps back to the same screen asking me to enter the tune name, and has reverted the name back to the default car name.

Me and other person also experience the same problem today. I think it broken

Rockefelluh
06-10-2017, 20:10
It's a known issue, I encountered it last week as well and I found that just going into the Tuning menu (so not into the editor, just the menu) it loads the correct set-up/fuel amount as shown at the top right of the screen (car status).

I need to hop on the game tonight to try this. I don't remember the menus well. But you're saying once qualifying is done and the game counts down to race session go into tuning from there and it will auto load the current qualifying tune to race?

RC-5PO
06-10-2017, 20:30

I am having this problem also. The odd thing is I have been saving setups like this with no problem since the game came out. Now, as of today I can no longer save any setups. What could have possibly changed? I know it's not me.

cxMilk
06-10-2017, 20:38

Just experienced this as well. The tune won't save anymore. Tried to back out and said I had unsaved changes. Tried deleting the tune I was trying to overwrite and save as a brand new slot and that didn't help either. Eventually was able to back out without it saying I had unsaved changes, although a save never took place, as far as I'm aware. Then, I return to track and all FFB is completely gone. All FFB settings are still properly set. Dunno if this is tied to the issue or just an unfortunate coincidence.

Returned to pits and checked my tune; changes indeed were not saved. As OP says, was only able to save by "save over existing setup slot." This issue only just started today.

Killer Bob
06-10-2017, 21:08
I am having this problem also. The odd thing is I have been saving setups like this with no problem since the game came out. Now, as of today I can no longer save any setups. What could have possibly changed? I know it's not me.

Yup, exact same thing started happening to me as of about 1 hour ago. I'm a pretty patient guy, but with all the little silly bugs, the saving bugs and the MAJOR car weaving bug (that seems to be down to number of ai's on track in quick race - i've done days and days of testing on it). I have to say, my patience with this game is starting to wear very thin. I want to love it, but it's starting to get really annoying. I know i'm not alone in this, things need to start getting better soon or or the experience is going to turn sour for a lot of people, once that happens its going to be hard to get back to enjoying. It really is beginning to turn into a grind. With each day i play, i find more bugs, more frustration, and a hell of a lot less enjoyment - and that is something i did not think i would have said even just at the start of this week.

Peace

Schnizz58
06-10-2017, 21:19
Yup, exact same thing started happening to me as of about 1 hour ago. I'm a pretty patient guy, but with all the little silly bugs, the saving bugs and the MAJOR car weaving bug (that seems to be down to number of ai's on track in quick race - i've done days and days of testing on it). I have to say, my patience with this game is starting to wear very thin. I want to love it, but it's starting to get really annoying. I know i'm not alone in this, things need to start getting better soon or or the experience is going to turn sour for a lot of people, once that happens its going to be hard to get back to enjoying. It really is beginning to turn into a grind. With each day i play, i find more bugs, more frustration, and a hell of a lot less enjoyment - and that is something i did not think i would have said even just at the start of this week.

Peace

You're probably better off just putting it down for a while and waiting for a patch or two before jumping back in. It's kind of disappointing after Ian assured us that console testing was going to be much improved this time around. Most of these bugs were found by users on the 1st day so how they got past SQA is puzzling.

ShneebnaMRR108
06-10-2017, 21:37
From day one game was not over-writing save set ups. Now as of today it only over-writes saved setups and doesn't allow new save set ups. I purposely don't save replays or photos, so does it mean I have reached some sort of "save" data limit?
I figured that with a lot of the day one release game functions having problems I would just test and set up cars until the game is more functional. But now I'm at a loss to even do that effectively.

cxMilk
06-10-2017, 21:38

Peace
Yea, every day feels like one step forward, two steps back when it comes to dealing with bugs and workarounds. After the career save workaround was found, I was able to deal with most of the other issues or at least had workarounds for everything else I was facing, but it seems to be a never ending cycle. It's like something new pops up everyday.

This latest issue is odd in that it seems to have cropped up for a number of users only just today. Does anyone know if some sort of minor update hit the game on Xbox? Just seems weird otherwise.

I'm very near my breaking point as well, and I'm trying like hell to use workarounds and overlook issues to enjoy a game that I know will be great once all is fixed. The short bursts of un-buggy game play that I do manage to experience now and again proves the game is great. It's just, those brief periods are bookended by a lot, and I mean a lot, of frustration and heartache.

You're probably better off just putting it down for a while and waiting for a patch or two before jumping back in. It's kind of disappointing after Ian assured us that console testing was going to be much improved this time around. Most of these bugs were found by users on the 1st day so how they got past SQA is puzzling.
I've been puzzled by the exact same thing for the past two weeks now. A lot of this stuff is right on the surface. It's not like you have to dig deep to find a lot of these issues.

And yea, every time I play it, I keep thinking just that, 'Put it down and wait for a patch. You're only going to frustrate yourself all the more.' But even that idea is disheartening as I know what I'd be missing out on - the stuff that works that is.

Maybe the whole thing, for me at least, is karma since I was one of the lucky few who experienced the bare minimum of issues in the first game.

2pfspiff
06-10-2017, 21:51
I'm running on Zolder, but it won't allow me to save a custom set up on Zolder. Hope they fix when first patch drops.

Schnizz58
06-10-2017, 23:16
I've been puzzled by the exact same thing for the past two weeks now. A lot of this stuff is right on the surface. It's not like you have to dig deep to find a lot of these issues.
It was that way with PC1 too. Even the patches had obvious bugs. I found a new bug with one of the early patches within 10 minutes of firing it up. It's a complete mystery to me how some of these bugs get through testing. Anybody that sat down and played with the game for an hour could find some of these (and the same was true for PC1).

Basicblaq
06-10-2017, 23:46
It was that way with PC1 too. Even the patches had obvious bugs. I found a new bug with one of the early patches within 10 minutes of firing it up. It's a complete mystery to me how some of these bugs get through testing. Anybody that sat down and played with the game for an hour could find some of these (and the same was true for PC1).

I think the question is how many of the testing was done on console.

I am just doing up a spreadsheet and doing my saving on file. When things get patched, I will then start saving it to the game

Schnizz58
06-10-2017, 23:54
I think the question is how many of the testing was done on console.
Agreed but Ian said that they were beefing up specifically the console testing regimen to make sure that didn't happen again. And it did.

ShneebnaMRR108
07-10-2017, 16:28
Either the Testers were completely inept, or they didn't even test Console at all. Either way, it is so less than satisfying as a customer that I'm tempted to ask for a SCAR.

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 17:16
I can give you a scar if you like, free of charge :biggrin-new:

E.Hak
11-10-2017, 10:37
Guys... I think I may have found a solution to this... just press 'YES' when it asks if you want to save over the existing setup. Even when the game says you are at Texas Motor Speedway in Indy Car but your actually at Brands Hatch in a Ginetta GT4... press YES! When I checked in the 'load setup screen' I had setups saved for the cars I was using even though I pressed YES when the screen was saying I was in a different car and at a different track. I think when we are changing the setup names and track names to match where we are the game is confusing its self for some reason but, if you just press 'YES' to override the original setup, the game saves it as the car you are in and the track you are at. I hope this helps:)

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 14:35
Nope.

Shumway
11-10-2017, 15:55
Weird stuff:
Yesterday I all of a sudden could save different setups again with "Save to new setup slot".
However now I cannot save a setup by choosing "Save over existing setup slot"

That is just plain weird.

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 18:57
I can save setups any way I want. Problem is they may vanish at the next session then reappear 3 sessions later.

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 18:58
Weird stuff:
Yesterday I all of a sudden could save different setups again with "Save to new setup slot".
However now I cannot save a setup by choosing "Save over existing setup slot"

That is just plain weird.

Always use the "Save to new setup slot" option. You can still overwrite your existing setup with it.

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 19:16
You can but (in career) theres no guarantee it'll show up at the next session you try to load it. Hopefully all of this is moot point anyway. Wont know till MS gets off their ass and gets the patch online.

Mon Pavion
11-10-2017, 19:25
I saw nothing in the patch notes for PC or the identical patch notes for PS4 about addressing this problem. So I assume it wont be in the XB1 patch either.

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 19:31
They also said nothing about udp support for console yet users say its there. These patch notes seem terribly vague and innacurate (and there are numerous thread comments to that effect) so I would assume nothing.

Shumway
11-10-2017, 21:07
Always use the "Save to new setup slot" option. You can still overwrite your existing setup with it.

Only problem is (was) Until a couple of days ago I could only save setups by choosing "save over existing". The option of "Save to new" did not work. See my previous post #15 about this.
Now all of a sudden I cannot save setup by selecting "Save over existing", but "Save to new" works fine. And yes it can be used to overwrite existing as well. Why the sudden difference in behaviour?

Well hopefully this will soon be a moot discussion since it is a patch is coming. Finger crossed.

ShneebnaMRR108
12-10-2017, 13:42
Only problem is (was) Until a couple of days ago I could only save setups by choosing "save over existing". The option of "Save to new" did not work. See my previous post #15 about this.
Now all of a sudden I cannot save setup by selecting "Save over existing", but "Save to new" works fine. And yes it can be used to overwrite existing as well. Why the sudden difference in behaviour?

Well hopefully this will soon be a moot discussion since it is a patch is coming. Finger crossed.

Same issue here. How can a game function just up and change on it's own? I really don't care how it saves, if it would just apply any save to the car in "race" I'd be happy. But it doesn't, so it's pretty much a dead game now.

Rockefelluh
12-10-2017, 14:36

Yup. As I said on the second page as well, I cannot determine a pattern to find a workaround.