PDA

View Full Version : Camaro ZL1 on PC

megala
26-09-2017, 11:43
I've logged over 70 hours on PC1 and always used Jack Spade's settings for FFB and they've worked great. I tried PC2 for the first time last night and own the Camaro in RL, so I naturally went for my car first. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, but I want to give this a fair shot. I have not yet tried Jack Spade's FFB for the game but plan on it. However it's very easy to log more time in this game than you realize and I don't want to lose my ability to request a refund from fiddling with too many settings. I basically want to know if anyone else has been able to get this car to feel right and how? The steering is so numb on Raw that I feel like I'm driving an Audi or something with 100% electronic steering. I'm using a T300RS wheel on PC with the separate pedals. I have the H shifter but have not tried it yet. Would appreciate any advice so I can get enjoy this game...thanks for the help.

rosko
26-09-2017, 12:32
I think there is an issue with this TM300rs wheel but JS file really helps. I tried the 69 Camero & it felt great & wheel weight felt good but i've never driven the real car, only thing was rear was a too stable but again i can't compare to real life. If you are talking about the modern car i didn't try it. It don't take long to test jacks files. start wit the standard mid 100/50/50/50 then add or remove volume when in the game.

megala
26-09-2017, 12:44
I think there is an issue with this TM300rs wheel but JS file really helps. I tried the 69 Camero & it felt great & wheel weight felt good but i've never driven the real car, only thing was rear was a too stable but again i can't compare to real life. If you are talking about the modern car i didn't try it. It don't take long to test jacks files. start wit the standard mid 100/50/50/50 then add or remove volume when in the game.

Thank you for the response. I'm going to try Jack Spade's files when I get home from work tonight. Do you have any more information on the T300 wheel issue that mentioned? I didn't have any problems with PC1 - is it just an issue with PC2?

ECT CHEF
26-09-2017, 12:52
I use an older Fanatec wheel and didn't have any issue, the car drive exactly how I think it should drive, the rear likes to swing out when pushing the car to it's limits. Modified the deadzones a tad and also the dampering and got a top time at daytona in the vehicle LB. Are you driving with everything off? Or are you using Authentic settings?

megala
26-09-2017, 13:33
I use an older Fanatec wheel and didn't have any issue, the car drive exactly how I think it should drive, the rear likes to swing out when pushing the car to it's limits. Modified the deadzones a tad and also the dampering and got a top time at daytona in the vehicle LB. Are you driving with everything off? Or are you using Authentic settings?

Thanks for the info. I only played a few races and used raw and authentic just to be able to draw a comparison. I agree the dead zone needs some modification but I didn't try changing anything yet. Yes I could kick out the rear, but it didn't feel anything at all like the real car. I'm going to try the Jack Spade files tonight and hope that will fix things.

While I was more concerned with the steering and FFB, I picked up on one other thing when i played briefly with the car set to automatic before turning off the game. I noticed that it didn't change gears the way the car does with the 10 speed auto. I just remember it feeling like an M6 even when I set it to automatic. I wasn't paying close attention at that point but will look at it again tonight.

One other question for whoever can answer it - Is it true that you can no longer configure individual cars now in PC2? Thanks.

Kitt
26-09-2017, 13:39
I tried the 69 Camero & it felt great & wheel weight felt good but i've never driven the real car, only thing was rear was a too stable but again i can't compare to real life.
Have to agree,was looking forward to driving this but it just felt so planted very dull to drive,of course I've never driven a 69 trans am camaro but I can't believe something this agricultural with a big heavy torquey v8 could be so easy to drive.

ECT CHEF
26-09-2017, 13:44
To answer your question, I believe you can. Instead of overwriting the existing the next option is creating a new save. Haven't tried that option yet though.

Setting the gears to automatic won't change how the car was created, although that would've been a nice option to convert to the 10 speed auto. I've tried the flavor but switched to immersive. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a heavy wheel. I've tried the settings in the game and on the wheel and could not stiffen the wheel.

fquick
26-09-2017, 14:00
Jack Spade's configs really are necessary it seems out of the box. It livened up my Fanatec v2 to where it should be. Not 100% by any stretch but night and day compared to out of the box. I'm running the standard-hi at the moment and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Hopefully he keeps tweaking them!

rosko
26-09-2017, 16:30
I hope they continue to tweak some cars as i think a few need some more work maybe they just ran out of time.

Kompressor
26-09-2017, 17:58
Maybe it's another bug. For me it feels like steering is broken. You need to constantly catch the car with a wheel just to drive straight. It is happening no matter setup is used or throttle applied. And it is even worse under the rain - just a killing thing, needs too much work with steering wheel to go plain straight. And it is not only car like that in the game, but maybe the worst.

clanky
26-09-2017, 18:26
I've logged over 70 hours on PC1 and always used Jack Spade's settings for FFB and they've worked great. I tried PC2 for the first time last night and own the Camaro in RL, so I naturally went for my car first. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, but I want to give this a fair shot. I have not yet tried Jack Spade's FFB for the game but plan on it. However it's very easy to log more time in this game than you realize and I don't want to lose my ability to request a refund from fiddling with too many settings. I basically want to know if anyone else has been able to get this car to feel right and how? The steering is so numb on Raw that I feel like I'm driving an Audi or something with 100% electronic steering. I'm using a T300RS wheel on PC with the separate pedals. I have the H shifter but have not tried it yet. Would appreciate any advice so I can get enjoy this game...thanks for the help.

Yeah tracked this car IRL and I admit this car in the game is a very poor representative of what the car is like IRL. Was the first car I jumped into also. Now once you get in and start tweaking the setups you can get it roughly ok, but honestly I gave up on it. I have tracked the 2016 Z06/Z07 before so that will be the next one I try. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth really. Offtopic : Do you have the stock tires on your ZL1? (Eagle F1 SC3) How do you like them in the rain, I found they would hydroplane really bad. Be safe out there. I hope you got the Hyper Blue Metallic ;) Love the blue on mine I was really hoping it would be easier to clean than black.. .but not by much.

ECT CHEF
26-09-2017, 18:34
Yeah tracked this car IRL and I admit this car in the game is a very poor representative of what the car is like IRL. Was the first car I jumped into also. Now once you get in and start tweaking the setups you can get it roughly ok, but honestly I gave up on it. I have tracked the 2016 Z06/Z07 before so that will be the next one I try. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth really. Offtopic : Do you have the stock tires on your ZL1? (Eagle F1 SC3) How do you like them in the rain, I found they would hydroplane really bad. Be safe out there. I hope you got the Hyper Blue Metallic ;) Love the blue on mine I was really hoping it would be easier to clean than black.. .but not by much.

Don't get me started with black cars, I drive the one in my avatar lol. I'll try the ZL1 on some other tracks and give an update how it is. But on Daytona after a few laps it really wakes up and the tires start to stick better, what is the stock bar for the tires? Don't know if I adjusted that or not.

megala
26-09-2017, 19:02

Oh man I just had a quick second at work to catch up on the thread and this doesn't sound good at all :( I'll try the jack spade file tonight hopefully.

As for my car, it's a modded gen6 SS (Maggie, cam, E85, ARH LT's are the major things...oh and my ALP Jammer LOL) I'm putting down 734rwhp now and drag radials in back (M/T ET Street SS)...will post a link later but it's grey with ceramic white interior

clanky
26-09-2017, 20:12
Don't get me started with black cars, I drive the one in my avatar lol. I'll try the ZL1 on some other tracks and give an update how it is. But on Daytona after a few laps it really wakes up and the tires start to stick better, what is the stock bar for the tires? Don't know if I adjusted that or not.
Haha yeah my last 5 cars were black I don't think i'll do it again.. Keeping it clean and shiny is a life style not a color choice. That said when it is clean it is soooo nice. I think I might try the ZL1 at Daytona then.

Oh man I just had a quick second at work to catch up on the thread and this doesn't sound good at all :( I'll try the jack spade file tonight hopefully.

As for my car, it's a modded gen6 SS (Maggie, cam, E85, ARH LT's are the major things...oh and my ALP Jammer LOL) I'm putting down 734rwhp now and drag radials in back (M/T ET Street SS)...will post a link later but it's grey with ceramic white interior

That's a beast! No E85 around here sadly so I can't go that route. ECT CHEF says it does pretty good at Daytona I honestly haven't tried it on that track yet so i'll do that when I can. There is so many other cars that feel great though like the Porsche 911 GT3 that thing is a blast to drive, the LMP cars etc.

morpwr
26-09-2017, 20:33
Have to agree,was looking forward to driving this but it just felt so planted very dull to drive,of course I've never driven a 69 trans am camaro but I can't believe something this agricultural with a big heavy torquey v8 could be so easy to drive.

If I remember correctly late 60s early 70s trans am cars were limited on cubic inches. I think under 305 that being the reason for the 302 z motors. So I wouldn't expect them to be really torquey. Small cubic inches and a high rpm with a peaky torque curve are probably closer to how it should be. Early small cube small blocks don't make a ton of torque unless youre up in the rpm range. Yes ive driven them(not the trans am cars but the 302s and other small cube chevys of the 60 and 70s). So compared to newer models I wouldn't expect them to set the world on fire.

megala
26-09-2017, 21:14
Here's my build journal that's got everything in case you're interested:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450836

I saw you ask about the Goodyear F1's and they wouldn't work for me. I was thinking about tires as well since I'm kind of sick of the DR's in back, but there's nothing else that will grip in 1st gear. I think my only option for hooking in 3rd (maybe 2nd) are Sport Cup 2's. They're much better tires for the street than the F1's, but the F1's are still very good, especially for the $. I don't drive in the rain with the car so I've never even worried about it...it would be a death wish LOL!

megala
26-09-2017, 21:21
Maybe it's another bug. For me it feels like steering is broken. You need to constantly catch the car with a wheel just to drive straight. It is happening no matter setup is used or throttle applied. And it is even worse under the rain - just a killing thing, needs too much work with steering wheel to go plain straight. And it is not only car like that in the game, but maybe the worst.

Wow, that's terrible! I noticed that once you hit the gas at the start of the race, the car would start moving off center to the right. It only happened when I started the race. I only had a chance to try the game a couple times last night, but it happened each time. I did not have the chance to test the Jack Spade files to see if that did anything to fix this unfortunately.

They really need to fix this car. The Camaro and Mustang are going to be 2 of the most popular cars to race with for US players since they're attainable for more people...and at least one of them doesn't work. That's just wrong.

rosko
26-09-2017, 21:31
I tried the modern camaro tonight I actually really liked it felt well balanced on the throttle very easy to drive. I did need to turn the volume a bit to 55 and the tone to 60 the the js. I have no reference to real car so maybe completely inaccurate but reminded me of m1.

megala
26-09-2017, 21:59
I tried the modern camaro tonight I actually really liked it felt well balanced on the throttle very easy to drive. I did need to turn the volume a bit to 55 and the tone to 60 the the js. I have no reference to real car so maybe completely inaccurate but reminded me of m1.

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback and will try it tonight...hope that helps. I literally just begged Ian Bell to fix the car lol

ECT CHEF
26-09-2017, 22:13
I am about to stream on twitch if you're interested and may go for some fast times megala. Just look up Ace0751

megala
27-09-2017, 15:36
I am about to stream on twitch if you're interested and may go for some fast times megala. Just look up Ace0751

Sorry I was at the office and just saw this. I'll see if I can find your video. Did you notice the ZL1 pulling to the side (right i think) when you first start the race?