PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Driving Force GT Problems

mjmueller
26-09-2017, 12:30
Hello,

Here is my current setup:

Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT
Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport Pedals

The problem is when I go into the game to assign buttons to the wheel it kind of craps out and doesn't do anything. I managed to assign the buttons once, so I am able to drive, but I would like to remap some of the buttons, but can't figure it out. I have been in sim racing since the beginning, so I understand how these games work, but there has to be a bug here. rFactor 2, Asseto, PCars 1, they all work find with the wheel.

Can someone please help!

Thank You,

Mike

Morgan Henstridge
26-09-2017, 12:37
Are you able to edit the assignments from the Pause menu from within a race / practice session???

Also some people have had success with Uninstalling the Logitech Software and reinstalling it.

Janneman60
26-09-2017, 13:45
I use a DFGT to and re-assigned a couple of buttons a few days later. Didn't face any problems. But I do not have the fanatec pedals. I am not sure if the logitech software can have influence because these settings are not used by the game (unfortunatly)

mjmueller
26-09-2017, 17:20
Hi Morgan,

I cannot remap any controls whether I'm in the game or in the main menus. I will try the Logitech software tonight when I get home.

I remember I couldn't get the wheel to work for the first hour I had the game. I seemed to start messing with the menu settings to select the wheel, then select the Logitech Driving Force GT, then all of a sudden it recognized it. I put in the basic mappings there, but now it won't recognize the buttons again at all. Like I said, I can play, but I need the wheel to be recognized.

Thank You,

Michael

Are you able to edit the assignments from the Pause menu from within a race / practice session???

Also some people have had success with Uninstalling the Logitech Software and reinstalling it.

mjmueller
26-09-2017, 20:55
Ok, I tried to uninstall the Logitech Software, but how do you get 900 degrees of rotation and settings if it is not installed? I reinstalled the software, but the same problem is happening, everytime I go to map a key, it just flickers back to the last tab.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Mike

mjmueller
27-09-2017, 11:55
Even when I enter the game, before I can push a button to skip the intro it kind of recognizes something is being pushed or entered. It skips right into the menu's. In every other game I have the wheel works fine without any problems. Can someone help?

Mike

Janneman60
27-09-2017, 11:58
If I understand correct you have a DFGT wheel but another make pedals. Maybe you can try without the pedals connected?

CeeBee2001
27-09-2017, 12:43
Have you made sure the wheel is completely centered? It willl scroll through menu items if not.

mjmueller
27-09-2017, 13:43
Hi Guys,

Yes, I have unhooked the pedals and that did not work. I also tried to set the dead zone on the wheel higher in case that was making the wheel go through the menu's. Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike

Janneman60
27-09-2017, 14:29
One more thing, in the logitech profiler did you choose that games may overrule the settings?

mjmueller
27-09-2017, 15:07
Hi Jenneman,

Yes, I have always had this enabled. Is that bad?

Regards,

Mike

Janneman60
27-09-2017, 16:07
No I think that is the right choice

mjmueller
28-09-2017, 12:08
Hello,

I'm kind of fed up with this whole thing. A couple things I tried last night. I went and deleted the "project cars 2" folder in my documents to see if the game could start fresh. I found that it did not recognize my pedals at all againn & I could not map buttons with my DFGT. I then went ahead and put the old folder back in and I atleast had some buttons assigned so I could race.

I have tried multiple things, but everytime I try to map a button it doesn't recognize anything and then jumps to the (Game) tab on the assignments line. I dont understand why this is happening when all other games I have (rFactor 2, F1 2017, Assetto, Pcars 1) it works just fine.

Please help,

Michael

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 12:47
I am not absolutely sure I understood correctly, did you try assigning the buttons after you uninstalled the logitech profiler? In my case (also DFGT) I had all sort of problems in PC1 with that, and they magically disappeared when I got rid of the profiler. I kept my machine this way and now PC2 works fine as well.

Also a very long shot, could it be that the wheel is not fully straight when you're trying to edit a button assignment? I've seen this causing some trouble sometimes as well..

mjmueller
28-09-2017, 13:48
Hi CPC,

I did try to assign them when the profiler was deleted (This did not work). I also have the wheel perfectly straight, even tried moving the deadzone up to maybe fix that problem.

One question I have is, Do I need the profiler installed to use the wheel? is there any advantage to it?

Regards,

Michael

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 15:11
Hi CPC,
One question I have is, Do I need the profiler installed to use the wheel? is there any advantage to it?
Michael

To me it was only causing trouble, so I got rid of it!

Edit: Just an important thing, though, after doing that, my DFGT defaults to only 200 degrees rotation each time it is plugged again, so I now manually always go to the Game Controllers in Control Panel and set it to 900 degrees. If I forget doing that, I realize it very quickly, because it gets extremely twitchy while driving. It's an inconvenience having to do that, but it pays off making the wheel behavior consistent.

mjmueller
29-09-2017, 13:05
Hi cpcdem,

How do I manually set the 900 degrees in the control panel? I opened the DFGT and it doesn't have the options to change it there.

Also, as an update, I loaded up F1 2017 last night and everything worked just perfectly. This is literally PCARS 2 problem. I have tried different USB ports, uninstalling Logitech, disconnecting Pedals, deleting PCARS folder in users. This is super frustrating as I want to be able to map some additional buttons. Am I the only one with this problem?

Regards,

Mike

cpcdem
29-09-2017, 14:36
I'm in Win7, from Start menu I open "Set up USB game controllers", then click on Properties and Settings, as in the image:

Actually I just realized what I've done is I did not completely uninstall the logitech software, I just went to <Program Files>\Logitech\Gaming Software\ and renamed LWEMon.exe to something different, so it does not get automatically executed anymore.

Yes, I also do not remember having trouble in other games, but I did have that with PC1, the workaround fixed it and did not cause any trouble in other games, so it's fine for me.

mjmueller
30-09-2017, 02:13
I tried that with turning the software off but nothing.

I did notice that everytime I go to map a button it automatically goes out and then goes one to the left on the tab up top. So if I go in, it pops out and goes one to the left on the bar of buttons to map. This made me think maybe it was something with the wheel being turned or something, but I have tried all possibilities. What would make it just cancel out and go to the next tab to the left?

Regards,

Mike

cpcdem
30-09-2017, 03:57
I tried that with turning the software off but nothing.

I did notice that everytime I go to map a button it automatically goes out and then goes one to the left on the tab up top. So if I go in, it pops out and goes one to the left on the bar of buttons to map. This made me think maybe it was something with the wheel being turned or something, but I have tried all possibilities. What would make it just cancel out and go to the next tab to the left?

OK, that was good info, I'm pretty sure I realized what's your problem. Moving to the next/prev tab happens by pressing the R2/L2 buttons (the top most buttons in the wheel), but also with gas/brake! Pressing the gas moves to the tab to the right, brake moves to the left. And since you said you're using separate pedals, most likely this is related to the problem, the game probably thinks the pedals are pressed, while they are actually not, and changes page or something like that. Try disconnecting the pedals, does it work ok now?

If that's it, then maybe there's some configuration needed for your pedals, to make them report correctly when they are pressed pr not? Something like a "inverted mode" option or something like that. Maybe a user of Fanatec Clubsport Pedals can help further..

mjmueller
01-10-2017, 17:30
Ok, well I figured out that the game is recognizing multiple imputs, because I uninstalled everything and rebooted and the game gave me that error (multiple imputs detected). although, I cannot figure out which imputs it is detecting. No other game I have detects this, so why is PCARS 2 so sensitive? Please help.

Regards,

Michael

Sankyo
01-10-2017, 17:34
Ok, well I figured out that the game is recognizing multiple imputs, because I uninstalled everything and rebooted and the game gave me that error (multiple imputs detected). although, I cannot figure out which imputs it is detecting. No other game I have detects this, so why is PCARS 2 so sensitive? Please help.

Regards,

Michael
Make sure you have the steering wheel centered and no pedals pressed (also no small constant signal coming from the pedals). Having an H-shift stuck in a gear is also a famous multiple inputs source.

mjmueller
02-10-2017, 01:28
It has to be on the wheel, because when I disconnect the pedals it does the same thing. I have the wheel perfectly centered, plus it says I have multiple imputs. I don't know, I am at a loss from now on. Thanks for the help

Regards,

Mike

mjmueller
03-10-2017, 12:00
Hello,

So I loaded up the Forza 7 demo and NO problems assigning any controls in that game either. What is the deal with PCars 2? I really want to find a fix for this. Is there a way to manually put the inputs in the game?

Regards,

Mike

cpcdem
04-10-2017, 08:00
Unfortunately I don't see a config file with input settings, so I suspect you cannot enter them this way.
What I would do in your case is to remove everything that's connected to my PC apart from the wheel, mouse and keyboard and try again. I would also put the DFGT in another usb port as well, also if the keyboard/mouse is a very sophisticated one, I would try with another. Very long shots, but I think it's worth trying anything that comes to mind... in such a complex software/hardware scenario it's often very hard to imagine what might be causing a problem. Yes, another game may have no problem with your setup, but another game could have a different problem with a different setup, every game has it's own specific different related issues.

Ah, another suggestion, try to also connect the original DFGT pedals to your wheel. I don't remember the exact situation, but in some other game (I think it was AC) in the past my pedals were reported as being completely pressed in game, while I had my feet away from them. Turned out the cable had disconnected, whey I plugged it again it was all ok again. Worth a try..