PDA

View Full Version : Stability Control and Traction Control?

racinglivery
26-09-2017, 12:53
Picked up my copy of PC2 yesterday. Blown away. Couple of cars I've actually worked on are in the game which is pretty cool!

The only thing that has spoilt the game for me is the ability to turn off TC whilst keeping SC on? I love hanging the back out on the exit of corners and feeding in the power on exit. Being forced to have both assists simultaneously I'm loosing the car almost every lap through high speed turns. I drove the Porsche 911 GT3 car around a dry Silverstone and lost the car almost every time at Stowe and Copse. I couldn't finish the 15 minute qualifying session with a clean lap and found myself frustrated. The engineer helped with the set up but still I found myself spinning violently and unexpectedly. With both assists on the experience is somewhat numbed and easy. I love the challenge of PC2 but can't find a sweet spot for the type of driving I enjoy. I appreciate what the game is trying to do but I like to be on the limit without the fear of crashing on every bend. With the Porsche I found myself at perhaps 60% chat struggling to keep the car on the straight and narrow through the faster turns?

Please can we keep SC on and TC off as in every other racing game. Can this be addressed? I'm not enjoying this all or nothing approach?

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 12:54
But GT3 does not have SC IRL?

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 12:56
This is possible im pretty sure. In the gameplay settings menu, are you not able to keep SC on?

But you should be able to run the car with no assists if you set the differential up in the car setup menus.

EDIT: are you driving the GT3 RS (road car) or the GT3 R (Race car)? IRL GT3 (Race cars) do not have SC. Only TC and ABS.

honespc
26-09-2017, 13:01
There's some more serious bug regarding assists for all categories that support them. When you are already on the track, and imagine you left TC enabled in the setup menu (and ABS which is enabled by default), when you press the shorcut keys for enable/disable aids while on the car already you will found out that most of the time are disabled (stability often too for cars that support it), and you have to enable them all, ABS included while in the car through key shorcuts

This is another one big ******* bug that I hope It gets sorted by the next patch, along with the other irritating hundreds still working around...

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 13:03
There's some more serious bug regarding assists for all categories that support them. When you are already on the track, and imagine you left TC enabled in the setup menu (and ABS which is enabled by default), when you press the shorcut keys for enable/disable aids while on the car already you will found out that most of the time are disabled (stability often too for cars that support it), and you have to enabled it in-car.

This is another one big ******* bug that I hope It gets sorted by the next patch, along with the other irritating hundreds still working around...

This bug was in pcars 1 aswell,. was never fixed......

racinglivery
This is possible im pretty sure. In the gameplay settings menu, are you not able to keep SC on?

But you should be able to run the car with no assists if you set the differential up in the car setup menus.

EDIT: are you driving the GT3 RS (road car) or the GT3 R (Race car)? IRL GT3 (Race cars) do not have SC. Only TC and ABS.

I'm afraid not, I haven't installed the latest update, so perhaps it could be wrapped up in there?

I was driving the GT3 spec race car. I understand the realism aspect of that but I found the GT3 cars very derivable in the last edition?

Bealdor
But GT3 does not have SC IRL?

The Porsche 911 GT3 is NOT a GT3 car, it's a road car. The GT3 car is called Porsche 911 GT3R.

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 13:04
The Porsche 911 GT3 is NOT a GT3 car, it's a road car. The GT3 car is called Porsche 911 GT3R.

Roger that.

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 13:05
the handling model is completely reworked and improved from PC1. It takes a couple laps to adjust and learn the cars. GT3 race cars do not have SC.

Try loading the 'stable' setup and give that a few laps (assuming you are on PC since that what your profile says).

honespc
26-09-2017, 13:06
This bug was in pcars 1 aswell,. was never fixed......
^ It was sorted in the latest patches. You left "x" assist enabled, it stayed so when already in the car.

I think this is another issue related to the save/apply car setups bug. This needs to be fixed fast, because having to save setups for just little adjustments, then reload them in another race is some tedious routine.

Deathbox_2112
26-09-2017, 15:12
Give the Stable setup a try. It's worlds better than the Loose setup (which is actually super tight on turn-in).

It baffles me that these are the default setups. The car is undriveable to me with those, out of the box.

Fight-Test
26-09-2017, 15:26
Give the Stable setup a try. It's worlds better than the Loose setup (which is actually super tight on turn-in).

It baffles me that these are the default setups. The car is undriveable to me with those, out of the box.

Its dependent on multiple things from what I'm seeing. So at Laguana on hards (it was too hot for softs) the Loose setup was over a sec faster for me than the stable in the 488. Was it hard to handle? oh yea but much faster, with better turn in. On softs with the Cadillac at Brno where it was colder and with loose setup with pretty damn loose but that's with no changes to the car but I could barely finish a clean lap. The stable setup was much faster. That's just something I noticed last night. Depending on temp, tire you are using, car and setup it think it will be all over the place on the best default setup till at least you have your own setup made. Give it more time, get more adjusted and try different things depending all the variables at work.

Deathbox_2112
26-09-2017, 16:58
I cant drive the Loose setups. The inability for the car to push like a snowplow on turn-in drives me insane. I start with the stable and make changes from there.

Everyone is different, but I see a lot of people are not happy with the Loose setups.

Fight-Test
26-09-2017, 18:10
I cant drive the Loose setups. The inability for the car to push like a snowplow on turn-in drives me insane. I start with the stable and make changes from there.

Everyone is different, but I see a lot of people are not happy with the Loose setups.

On power over steer on corner exit seems to be the biggest issue for me on the loose setups. Are you getting alot of that also? I have been starting with my diff for acceleration around 3.0 (1.0 default) and work backwards on the GT3's. I found that to be a easy fix for that issue which very noticeable on hards.