PDA

View Full Version : Steering

BongoKongo
26-09-2017, 13:14
Steering, the cars in this game just don't do it well, no matter what settings are used! The steering is so erratic,,What have you done?
Plus the hardest part in the game is navigating the menus. You should give us extra points if we can work our way through the jumbled mess in 10 minutes or less.

Please fix that annoying GranTurismo style tire squeal. Even turned way down it is just so unrealistic. Real Cars tires do not squeal like the tires on the cars in this game.
Thank goodness there is another driving game arriving on the shelves this week.
5/10

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 13:16
I've experienced tire squeal in AutoX events exactly like pCARS2.

And it would help to know what input method you are using (pad or wheel). Maybe someone on here can share their settings to help you find ones you like.

Exoil
26-09-2017, 13:18
Does not squeal like in the game? Have you ever driven a car on a racetrack pushing the tires to their limits?

BongoKongo
26-09-2017, 13:25
I've experienced tire squeal in AutoX events exactly like pCARS2
I don't believe it. I have never ever heard a tire squeal on every corner like in this game. Except for in GranTurismo
You don't even need to be racing because even at a leasurly pace on an open corner it gives the same squeal as if your at your limit.
I have tried it with my wheel & also a ps4 controller and neither gets even close to realism.
The steering & handling physics in PC1 was 10 times better than PC2,, just check Google & see how many people agree.

danowat
26-09-2017, 13:26
Steering, the cars in this game just don't do it well, no matter what settings are used! The steering is so erratic,,What have you done?
Plus the hardest part in the game is navigating the menus. You should give us extra points if we can work our way through the jumbled mess in 10 minutes or less.

Please fix that annoying GranTurismo style tire squeal. Even turned way down it is just so unrealistic. Real Cars tires do not squeal like the tires on the cars in this game.
Thank goodness there is another driving game arriving on the shelves this week.
5/10

What platform are you on?, if it's console, there is currently a couple of threads trying to figure out why the steering goes from OK to terrible.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51727-Cars-are-undrivable

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52714-A-Solution-for-overly-sensitive-DS4-controls

Konan
26-09-2017, 13:28
I don't believe it. just check Google & see how many people agree.

...just check anywhere and see how many people disagree...

BongoKongo
26-09-2017, 13:31
...just check anywhere and see how many people disagree...

Fan Boys maybe, but not gamers who know whats what

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 13:34
Fan Boys maybe, but not gamers who know whats what

gamers with absolutely zero track experience IRL, many of which have never even driven a car let alone pushed one remotely close to its limits.

I'll stick to my real world experiences behind the wheel and the words of the professional drivers who worked with SMS on this game.

GamerMuscle's review: "I have no real life experience in GT3 cars, but they don't feel right in pCARS2" HAHAHAHA

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 13:39
calibrate the wheel in the menu and the force feedback to your tastes.

Norxman
26-09-2017, 13:41
Don't feed the troll. Nothing constructive here.

Konan
26-09-2017, 13:43
Ample info was given so closing this...