PDA

View Full Version : [Known] Toyota 86 overheating too fast

Angst1974
26-09-2017, 13:15
I know they have issues on the track with oil temp . I was told that the street cars should be considered "track prepped" so these should have a Perrin Oil cooler installed.

So bug or expected behavior ?

As you can see after 3 laps at 7/10th or so I am almost pegged . Ambient temp 70F , Road America which is one of the longer tracks .

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 13:18
different cars have better cooling than others. Open the radiator up more in the car setup.

Angst1974
26-09-2017, 13:23
I know people who track their BRZ/FR-S/86 , it's not this bad . And radiator is not adjustable on the setup screen .

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 10:01
Just FYI.
The issue has been spotted and will be fixed in a patch.

JakeDiggitty
27-09-2017, 17:13
For what it's worth, I own a 2013 Gt86/FRS, and have tracked it 4 times over the past 4 years and it has never overheated during my sessions (houston, Tx in fall/spring around 80-88F outside temp) Each track day normally consisted of 4-5 sessions of about 20-25min per session with a few min of warmup and cooldown. Shifting near redline and Rpms never dropping below 4000rpms. The temps would rise above normal but not as high as game currently. (Would def recommend a better radiator if tracking more often, probably would have been a good idea for piece of mind even for these 4 track days, but the car should be able to survive/perform well for a 30 min race no problem if it's in new good condition.. would just wear our quicker over time not one race... but I guess the developers exaggerated the overheating to remind you that you are on a oem street car radiator.

JakeDiggitty
27-09-2017, 17:18
I love driving the oem GT86 on PCars2 by the way. One of my fav cars at the moment, I may be biased since I own one though. Feels quite good and real I think, fun low grip, low/med power momentum car.... and slides around and drifts great. Thr real car also comes with relatively small tires on purpose to give it dynamic lively chirpy feel that match its associated power well.

ZulfoDK
27-09-2017, 20:29
I love driving the oem GT86 on PCars2 by the way. One of my fav cars at the moment, I may be biased since I own one though. Feels quite good and real I think, fun low grip, low/med power momentum car.... and slides around and drifts great. Thr real car also comes with relatively small tires on purpose to give it dynamic lively chirpy feel that match its associated power well.

I also drive at GT86 (2014) as my daily drive, and I think that its a bit too loose in the game, even with the default "stable" settings :D

Gix916
17-10-2017, 21:51
this also happens on the GT86 Rocket Bunny GT4 car - which also has no Radiator adjustment

Benkid
18-10-2017, 05:17

Was the first car I drove when I got the game. Loaded up the Nordschleife and instantly fell in love. Also found it was overheating pretty quickly too though.