PDA

View Full Version : one to one steering ratio

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 13:46
Hi,

I noticed today some cars don't have a one to one steering ratio when using a wheel, a good contrast of this problem would be the BMW 1M compared the F50.

It's making for an unsettling sensation in many cars that aren't "road cars" as the steering ratio seems to be scaled depending on the car you're driving. Steering sensitivity is at 50%, Is there a menu option I'm missing?

Thanks

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 13:49
Please provide what controller you are using.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 13:52
G920

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 13:57
Make sure that you have calibrated your wheel correctly.
It's explained in the FAQ (link in my sig).

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 13:59
Wheel is correctly calibrated, all basic troubleshooting has been carried out before posting:)

game detects full 900degree rotation of wheel.

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 14:07
In short, yes they are scaled to each car. Cars will not use your full 900 degrees. Cars will use whatever steering lock they have from their suspension geometry. If the car uses 500 degrees of rotation, then your wheel will only affect the car within 500 of it's total 900 degrees of rotation. However, that is still a 1:1 ratio.

When it will not be 1:1 is if you have an older wheel which is say 360 degrees of rotation and the car you are driving needs 500 degrees. In this scenario, PC2 will scale the 360 degrees the controller supports to match the 500 degrees the car needs.

In short, yes, each car will have it's own steering lock. So when you are saying it's not 1:1, are you referring to your steering inputs and what the visual wheel is showing?

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:08
I don't believe this is a wheel configuration issue. This seems to be more game related in how the steering ratio is changed per car which would be completely acceptable if using a controller, An F50 GT with a one to one steering ratio using a controller would be unusable. However with a steering wheel, down scaling of the wheel rotation isn't so great. Hope this info helps.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 14:10
I don't believe this is a wheel configuration issue. This seems to be more game related in how the steering ratio is changed per car which would be completely acceptable if using a controller, An F50 GT with a one to one steering ratio using a controller would be unusable. However with a steering wheel, down scaling of the wheel rotation isn't so great. Hope this info helps.

As Mahjik already said, if your wheel is calibrated correctly the steering angle should always be 1 to 1. When you turn your wheel 90į the ingame wheel should do exactly the same. No matter which car you chose.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:10
also yes i understand a 1:1 is not 900 degree on every car. A 180 degree turn on the wheel equals 180 in game when driving a 1M. a 180 degree turn on an f50 equals a 90 degree turn in game.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:11
Wheel is configured correctly, am more than happy to record results and post link to youtube if required.

Siberian Tiger
26-09-2017, 14:13
Please yes.. Post In-Game Controller Settings and OFF-Screen Recording of your Wheel and Ingame Wheel..

This will help to narrow it down.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:14
Will get onto it straight away, thanks for the help:)

Doctor_Tofu
26-09-2017, 14:15
Iíve been having this exact issue on my G29. I have configured the wheel correctly and Iím using the Jack Spade FFB files. While I know that, for example, the Formula cars have a much smaller steering rotation compared to a road car, my wheel is still requiring the full 900 degrees of lock to get the 300degrees as shown on screen.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:18
Same issue, That's better than i could have explained it haha.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 14:20
Does this only happen after changing cars?
If you experience the issue please to back into pits and load your car setup again.
Maybe it's a setup saving issue that loads the steering ratio from a different car.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:27
No this occurs immediately after loading into the game pending on the vehicle chosen. will have videos up in a moment.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 14:45
Ok,

The 1M https://youtu.be/D1j-NLu5xfk
The F50 https://youtu.be/wEZfdXfjd4Q

Imgur link to in game settings.
https://imgur.com/a/wU2ud

Thomas Sikora
26-09-2017, 14:47
i have something that feels also little bit strange, there is the setting for the speed sensitivity.
I saw it was per default to zero, what is the correct value to have no speed Effekt in the steering?
this feature i don't really understand to be honest...

Doctor_Tofu
26-09-2017, 15:25
I’m very excited to see the concern here. While it’s definitely not game breaking for me, it’s funny how it messes with my eyes and brain when the arms are turning and I think I’ve turned far enough into the curves. By turning off driver animation in the cockpit I’ve had a lot more success in driving, even if I do need to turn LMP cars to 900 degrees through a hairpin. Ha!

doc13
26-09-2017, 18:55
I'm Havint the same issue. Road cars and GT cars work fine but LMPs and formula cars are a real pain for me. i need to turn my wheel about 180 degrees and still wont get a lock.
I've already calibrated the wheel but this is a real turn down for those cars.

honespc
26-09-2017, 20:37
It's the same epic bug related to the setups, that affects steering and some other physics. This incredible one made its way through full pacthed pc1 to now pc2, so rest assured it won't be fixed.

What you need to do is loading another setup from another track for that car. That fixed it in pc1, but I know there's more to this horrendous bug in pc2 now.., it's giving me trouble too on a t300, as well as others. Right now I don't have soft lock and some other issues that get no response on the pc forum, making me to assume they won't get sorted as well.

Load setups. Cross your finger before your online race, and say your prayers for the setup to work and not to have the steering wheel rotation bug.

ayersfall
26-09-2017, 23:12
If this is a known bug, it's extremely disappointing. I was enjoying pc2 until i came accross this.

ayersfall
27-09-2017, 12:03
Does anyone know where this problem can be posted where it will produce a response from sms? not to be a dramatist, but IMO this is bad enough to call pc2 a game that doesn't support wheels in a realistic manner.

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 14:22
Does anyone know where this problem can be posted where it will produce a response from sms? not to be a dramatist, but IMO this is bad enough to call pc2 a game that doesn't support wheels in a realistic manner.

SMS read the forum daily. However, I will say that even I don't understand what people are discussing in this thread. There seems to be 2-3 different topics being discussed. If you have a specific issue, please provide something (video, screenshots, phone photos or something) that shows the devs exactly what you are experiencing.

Oingy_Boingy
27-09-2017, 14:43
The videos in post 17 show the issue.

I've had the same problem with the Ginnetta Junior. Was 3 seconds a lap down on the AI, which were set at 90. I then dropped the rotation of the G29 in profiler to 540 degrees and recalibrated when I restarted the game. Was instantly a second and a half faster than the AI which posted similar times to before I changed anything.

I'm happy to try the two cars in the videos and see if I have the same issue. As an aside, does changing the steering ratio in the car set up work like setting the Steering Lock in other sims where you match the roataion you are using?

Doctor_Tofu
27-09-2017, 14:44
Im a pretty new member to the forums so I can’t post links yet lol. But I have pictures of the exact issue. Not sure how to get around to showing the issue for me on here.

Brado23
27-09-2017, 14:46
He did post youtube videos on page 2 i think.

I have exactly the same issue on the G29. Thought it was just me until I saw this thread. Some vehicles I get very little turn in the wheels in-game too. Off the top of my head I have had this issue with Karts and Indycar.

ayersfall
27-09-2017, 15:40
SMS read the forum daily. However, I will say that even I don't understand what people are discussing in this thread. There seems to be 2-3 different topics being discussed. If you have a specific issue, please provide something (video, screenshots, phone photos or something) that shows the devs exactly what you are experiencing.

Please find all information you request in my previous post which i offered willingly to another mod.

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 16:10
Ok,

The 1M https://youtu.be/D1j-NLu5xfk
The F50 https://youtu.be/wEZfdXfjd4Q

Imgur link to in game settings.
https://imgur.com/a/wU2ud

This is likely an animation limit.. Not all of the cars will have animated steering for large degrees of rotation. You did calibrate your wheel in PC2?

I do know there are some fixes coming for the G920, so it's possible some are related. I'll check the F50 later today but I don't recall seeing anything similar with Thrustmaster.

Can anyone in this thread replicate the F50 issue with something other than a G29 or G920?

ayersfall
27-09-2017, 16:15
This is likely an animation limit.. Not all of the cars will have animated steering for large degrees of rotation.

Sorry but this is incorrect, externally the car shows only slight movement in the wheels and to reach full lock in this car (300 degrees of rotation for example) requires 900 degrees of rotational input. This was also mentioned in a previous comment.

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 16:27
This is likely an animation limit.. Not all of the cars will have animated steering for large degrees of rotation. You did calibrate your wheel in PC2?

I do know there are some fixes coming for the G920, so it's possible some are related. I'll check the F50 later today but I don't recall seeing anything similar with Thrustmaster.

Can anyone in this thread replicate the F50 issue with something other than a G29 or G920?

Ok, it's definitly not happening here with my Thrustmaster T5ooRS i just tried it. So yeah, seems to be an Issue with G29/920 Wheel... (Perhaps in relation to the 920 Problems on Console?)

Right, that all Peoples who have this Problems are on G920 or G29? Can any User with another Wheel replicate this?

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 02:50
Sorry but this is incorrect, externally the car shows only slight movement in the wheels and to reach full lock in this car (300 degrees of rotation for example) requires 900 degrees of rotational input. This was also mentioned in a previous comment.

Are you using PC or console?

ayersfall
28-09-2017, 08:39
PC. Apologies if you couldnt see this in the videos.

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 13:20
PC. Apologies if you couldnt see this in the videos.

All you see is a screen and a wheel, so I'm not sure how you deduce that it's PC from just that. However, I think we understand the problem and at the moment, it seems to be wheel specific.

If anyone can reproduce this without it being a G29 or G920, please post in this thread.

ayersfall
28-09-2017, 13:40
All you see is a screen and a wheel, so I'm not sure how you deduce that it's PC from just that. However, I think we understand the problem and at the moment, it seems to be wheel specific.

If anyone can reproduce this without it being a G29 or G920, please post in this thread.

Sorry for the passive aggressive comment I made, was uncalled for. I was frustrated I couldn't convey my problem more clearly.

I did notice with so many other comments, everyone has a G29 or G920.

I may be completely wrong, but as the G920 (can't speak for the G29) is designed to be recognized as an xbox controller, could this the problem itself? the game scaling the wheel as if it was an analog stick?

Brado23
28-09-2017, 13:50
I have my G29 in PS4 mode just for reference for that type of wheel (running on PC)

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 15:11
I may be completely wrong, but as the G920 (can't speak for the G29) is designed to be recognized as an xbox controller, could this the problem itself? the game scaling the wheel as if it was an analog stick?

That is possible, but I would assume the Logitech drivers would treat it as a proper wheel. However, assuming is never a good thing. I'm hoping it's just an issue with how PC2 interacts with the Logitech drivers as I don't recall this being an issue on PC1 with that wheel. Although I know some users had some other issues using it, but I don't recall this being one of them.

Just curious if you have tried with and without the Logitech drivers installed? I've seen sometimes where their wheels behave differently depending on if their drivers are installed or not.

ayersfall
28-09-2017, 15:27
Have just removed the driver and given it a shot. My god, problem is completely corrected. Honestly would not have thought to do it. Very interesting.

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 15:30
Thank you for testing that...

Just on an off chance, can you reinstall the driver and see if it comes back? I want to verify it's not something that got corrupted with the drivers (IIRC, the Windows Creator Update has caused problems in the past) verses something that is just wrong with the drivers.

ayersfall
28-09-2017, 15:49
Well, reinstalling the drivers and the problem remains resolved.

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 15:52
Well, reinstalling the drivers and the problem remains resolved.

I've heard of people needing to reinstall the Logitech drivers after the semi-recent W10 Creators update. I never heard what specific issues they had, but I'm glad things are working better for you.

zwanziger
28-09-2017, 21:05
May I ask you, what did you exactly do? Or how did you uninstall the driver? Because it doesn't work for me. However I'm using the G29, maybe thats the problem.
If I delete the wheel under devices and printers, Windows (and the game) doesn't recognize the wheel anymore. At least not the actual wheel- and pedalmovement... Buttons still work for some reason. Reinstalled the driver afterwards -> Problem NOT solved.... Wheels aren't synced.
After that I also tried only uninstalling Logitech Gaming Software, which didn't fix the problem. Reinstalled again, problem still not solved.
Actually deinstalled the drivers in the Device-Manager (which I forgot was possible... Else that would have been the first thing I'd done), didn't do anything. Wheel still works and all, but not synced.

Did you do something else?

Doctor_Tofu
28-09-2017, 23:54
So I was able to fix my wheel issue using my G29! I noticed I had 2 Logitech programs running while my wheel was plugged in. The latest Logitech Gaming Software that has my wheel, mouse, and keyboard settings. Then another program called the Logitech Profiler. My original plan was to uninstall and reinstall the Profiler. When I went into add/remove programs in Windows, I noticed the Profiler was installed under “Logitech Gaming Software v5.4.something” while the latest Software was also running was version 8.0+. I uninstalled the old software,Recalibrated the wheel, and everything has worked perfectly since.

Not sure if my solution was a one off thing specific to my situation. But I figured I would post in here on the small chance it helps someone else.

zwanziger
29-09-2017, 00:44
So I was able to fix my wheel issue using my G29! I noticed I had 2 Logitech programs running while my wheel was plugged in. The latest Logitech Gaming Software that has my wheel, mouse, and keyboard settings. Then another program called the Logitech Profiler. My original plan was to uninstall and reinstall the Profiler. When I went into add/remove programs in Windows, I noticed the Profiler was installed under “Logitech Gaming Software v5.4.something” while the latest Software was also running was version 8.0+. I uninstalled the old software,Recalibrated the wheel, and everything has worked perfectly since.

Not sure if my solution was a one off thing specific to my situation. But I figured I would post in here on the small chance it helps someone else.

Thanks man... That actually fixed it...
Freaking Logitech Profiler... I hate myself sometimes. I saw it too, but I know the Profiler is on the PC because of my old Logitech MOMO and shouldn't have anything do with G29.

Well...

Karl87
29-09-2017, 02:10
I have noticed this as well, a good example is the Porsche 935/80 you have to adjust the steering rack from 15:1 to 8:1 to get a one to one corelation to how you turn your wheel, where as the Ferrari F40LM is perfect right out of the box, I get very annoyed with having to change rack ratios just to get my wheel to move on screen the same amount as my wheel turns in my hand.

Brado23
29-09-2017, 02:23
I have Logitech Profiler on my PC to support an old Logitech joystick. Might be my problem too. I'll have a look and report back.

Brado23
29-09-2017, 03:35
Wow! That fixed it for me too. Definitely some sort of conflict with that. I uninstalled the older Logitech Profiler software, rebooted, loaded pcars2, then recalibrated wheel and pedals and all is working great now. I only have the newer Logitech Gaming Software 8.96.91 installed now for the G29 support.

Only problem is now that I wont be able to use my Logitech Joystick in other games now without having to reinstall it and remove it after each time changing between games. Even although it is good to have a workaround fix, it would be nice if the root cause was identified so I can still have both of them installed. Wasn't a problem for pCars 1.

JanvH
29-09-2017, 04:07
I'm not sure if this fits here but the issue I have is this: The "animation" of the on screen/virtual steering wheel is laggy and stutters, like it's not an actual input lag and also not a real visual delay, but it looks like the animation has significantly lower fps than the rest of the game. Even with steering deadzone >0 and sensitivity scaled up to 100 there isn't much of a difference. Some racing games have that others don't so I thought it wasn't my wheel or TV/PS4. In some racing games the on screen wheel turns almost exactly with my steering inputs, in a fluid way.

Alan Dallas
29-09-2017, 04:10
Glad I read through the whole thread first.

Was going to recommend uninstalling Logitech Profiler if ya'll had it installed. It causes more damn problems than it solves on Windows 10. No trace of Logitech anything on my rig anymore since I ditched my DFGT(it's rotting away in a box in the closet).

Marlborofranz
29-09-2017, 10:23
It's the same epic bug related to the setups, that affects steering and some other physics. This incredible one made its way through full pacthed pc1 to now pc2, so rest assured it won't be fixed.

What you need to do is loading another setup from another track for that car. That fixed it in pc1, but I know there's more to this horrendous bug in pc2 now.., it's giving me trouble too on a t300, as well as others. Right now I don't have soft lock and some other issues that get no response on the pc forum, making me to assume they won't get sorted as well.

Load setups. Cross your finger before your online race, and say your prayers for the setup to work and not to have the steering wheel rotation bug.

I'm just reading these forums since 3 days and the only user that stands out is you. Mainly because your recent posts are written in such a sarcastic and moaning manner as if you were the only smart person on this planet and everyone else is dumb. Especially your thread about the rating system in multiplayer... just as example. If you really think it's that easy to develop ideas, manage teams and then code these things then maybe you should develop your own racing sim. As long as you didn't manage to prove you're better at this than the people actually developing Project CARS 2, you're allowed to stop bragging.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues with my G27 yet, but yesterday evening turn 1 on Monza felt very tight with the Toyota TS020, as if I had to steer way too much. Didn't check if the game wheel and my physical wheel are in line, though. I will check it again this evening...

RGnt
29-09-2017, 11:15
I'm just reading these forums since 3 days and the only user that stands out is you. Mainly because your recent posts are written in such a sarcastic and moaning manner as if you were the only smart person on this planet and everyone else is dumb. Especially your thread about the rating system in multiplayer... just as example. If you really think it's that easy to develop ideas, manage teams and then code these things then maybe you should develop your own racing sim. As long as you didn't manage to prove you're better at this than the people actually developing Project CARS 2, you're allowed to stop bragging.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues with my G27 yet, but yesterday evening turn 1 on Monza felt very tight with the Toyota TS020, as if I had to steer way too much. Didn't check if the game wheel and my physical wheel are in line, though. I will check it again this evening...

For this, it is steerin ratio issue which can be changed under suspension.

ayersfall
29-09-2017, 12:00
For this, it is steerin ratio issue which can be changed under suspension.

That wasn't the point though, it's meant to be 1:1 by default and you shouldn't need to adjust car settings to make it work. You would endlessly be checking every car through fear your wheel doesnt work correctly.

Doctor_Tofu
29-09-2017, 16:26
So very happy to hear that my fix helped out a few people. I couldn’t believe it worked and worked well. Now if I can just figure out how to get around the game hard resetting my pc when I try resume a race from the pause menu, or tuning menu, or pitstop menu. Etc. basically going from any menu back to the game while at the track hard resets my Pc

ShneebnaMRR108
29-09-2017, 18:42
I was thinking maybe I should have gotten a PC, but now after reading all this, I'm glad I didn't.

Blaine Jr
30-09-2017, 11:56
I too had this issue with a G27. Simply reinstalling Logitech Profiler resolved the issue. Not sure why there was a conflict with Pcars as all other games I play, AC, Iracing, and so on, worked fine with Soft Lock. However in Pcars2 it wasn't initiating soft lock at all until I uninstalled and reinstalled Logitech Profiler. Simple enough.

I was thinking maybe I should have gotten a PC, but now after reading all this, I'm glad I didn't.

If occasionally having to troubleshoot, tweak settings, or install drivers bothers you then yeah, PC is not for you. However with modern consoles they're not so plug'n'play any more either. I'm not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand other than you just wanting to take a jab at PC for whatever reason.

ShneebnaMRR108
30-09-2017, 14:22
I too had this issue with a G27. Simply reinstalling Logitech Profiler resolved the issue. Not sure why there was a conflict with Pcars as all other games I play, AC, Iracing, and so on, worked fine with Soft Lock. However in Pcars2 it wasn't initiating soft lock at all until I uninstalled and reinstalled Logitech Profiler. Simple enough.

If occasionally having to troubleshoot, tweak settings, or install drivers bothers you then yeah, PC is not for you. However with modern consoles they're not so plug'n'play any more either. I'm not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand other than you just wanting to take a jab at PC for whatever reason.

Not trying to jab either format, sorry if it sounded that way. I just had the idea that a PC was much better in terms of the available game options and performance. But it sounds like it can also be technically challenging, but maybe more flexible in terms of what you can actually change, update, and control.

JanvH
02-10-2017, 14:03
I'm not sure if this fits here but the issue I have is this: The "animation" of the on screen/virtual steering wheel is laggy and stutters, like it's not an actual input lag and also not a real visual delay, but it looks like the animation has significantly lower fps than the rest of the game. Even with steering deadzone >0 and sensitivity scaled up to 100 there isn't much of a difference. Some racing games have that others don't so I thought it wasn't my wheel or TV/PS4. In some racing games the on screen wheel turns almost exactly with my steering inputs, in a fluid way.

Anyone knows this problem?

doc13
09-10-2017, 20:15
I have the two installed. Just changed from a DFGT to a g920 and i'm having this issue. i will uninstall the older program (Logitech Profiler and post here)

doc13
10-10-2017, 00:09
I have the two installed. Just changed from a DFGT to a g920 and i'm having this issue. i will uninstall the older program (Logitech Profiler and post here)

Just uninstalled the old logitech gaming and it works