PDA

View Full Version : Iím Amazed!!

Lewy
26-09-2017, 13:49
Yes I know theirs some bugs and minor glitches but Iím actually amazed at how good this game is.
Im half way through the career and itís ace.
The one thing Iím shocked by is that Iíve tried well over half of the cars and every one of them drives perfect on default setup.
Iíve not had to mess with any setups because of bad drivability. The only things Iíve altered is gear ratios and downforce depending on what tracks Iím using.

So for me once the bugs have gone itís gonna be even better 👍🏻

TAGS Battfink
26-09-2017, 14:23
Same here, love it. The possibilities of creating races that cater to your personal tastes is my fav part of this game.

I plan on doing a full rally cross championship, but only on british tracks, and only in british weather.

Just need to get a day off work somehow lol

Mowzer
26-09-2017, 14:37
Agreed i love it even with the few faults.

Benkid
26-09-2017, 15:31
Agreed. I have been waiting years for a racing game that offers so much adjustablilty and decent physics on console and here it is. I just find it so difficult. I'm no slouch when it comes to racing games. I've been playing with a wheel for the last 10 years but even on 40% difficulty I'm struggling to get past the AI. I can keep up but just can't seem to gain any positions cleanly. It's super realistic in the respect I guess.

Gysepy
26-09-2017, 15:39
Same here, love it. The possibilities of creating races that cater to your personal tastes is my fav part of this game.

I plan on doing a full rally cross championship, but only on british tracks, and only in british weather.

Just need to get a day off work somehow lol
Is it not that time of the year when "that" Flu is going around ,��

Werdpc
26-09-2017, 15:40
Good to see some positive on this forum. I think the game is pretty good so far to. The handling physics are way better than in pc1. the sound with my headphones is awesome. I had a car throw up a piece of gravel and hit my windshield and I heard it hit. When you are close to a car you hear bits tinking off your car. I run off the road and hear the dirt still coming off the tires for a bit after I get back on the track. You can hear which tire locks up or is beginning to loose traction. I feel like I notice something new everytime I play. This game and dirt rally are the best at making you feel like you are really driving a race car and thats most important to me. It's awesome. The bugs are frustrating but no one would even care if the game was trash. I'm hopeful that they fix most of them soon. Until then I'll just keep enjoyin it as much as I can.

Gysepy
26-09-2017, 15:44
I did a Porsche SuperCup type session last night with the Ai at the Redbull Ring..... it was a 30 lap race with mandatory pitstop. Had the weather transition from cloudy to rain around lap 10 and back to Dry around lap 18 while getting dark through to the finish.... I honest sat back afterwards and thought F#@k me that was incredible.... I have come from AC and to be honest was not expecting much man was I wrong...

Jimbob77
26-09-2017, 15:51
Same here. Most of this morning was spent with a Porsche GT3 class on Algarve in various weather and time scenarios. A couple of hours just disappeared. I love the look and feel of a drying track after heavy rain and having to avoid the puddles. So good :eagerness:

amazed
26-09-2017, 15:52
<------- Actually, I think you'll find that I'm amazed..... :p

TAGS Battfink
26-09-2017, 15:53
Is it not that time of the year when "that" Flu is going around ,��

I am actually off work this afternoon, came home early with sickness, so its either control pad or not at all. Lol

Konan
26-09-2017, 15:54
<------- Actually, I think you'll find that I'm amazed..... :p

HA! I deleted my post saying that! (Ask my fellow mods if you don't believe me...LOL)

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 15:56
I am actually off work this afternoon, came home early with sickness, so its either control pad or not at all. Lol

Yeah Yeah Yeah, who are you trying to kid :biggrin-new:

Don-09141955
26-09-2017, 16:09
Why JUST British? Got something against the REST of the world? (just busting your chops) LOL....carry on!

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 16:25
HA! I deleted my post saying that! (Ask my fellow mods if you don't believe me...LOL)

He's lying :biggrin-new:

TAGS Battfink
26-09-2017, 16:39
Why JUST British? Got something against the REST of the world? (just busting your chops) LOL....carry on!

Yep, far superior race tracks.....:o

odemode
26-09-2017, 16:59
I love it but so glad I have a XBOX X on pre order

XFR Spike
26-09-2017, 17:10
Hosted our first Project CARS 2 community race evening last night (XB1). Think its fair to say we were all half expecting early showers (not together! its not that kind of group) :nevreness: Actually WE were all AMAZED too! Yeah we had the niggles & glitches and a couple of lost connections but ya know what, when we were in, nobody wanted to leave :cool: & it was rock solid all night! (the game :redface-new:). So good was it that we even hit up a RallyX blizzard race and a karting cool down after...
Very optimistic for the future :eagerness: thanks for all the hard work everyone.

Juiced46
26-09-2017, 17:20
Very impressed for far on Xbox One. I hacked part of my finger off on Friday so I have this week off from work and as much time as I want to play. Even though I am injured I found a way to still use the wheel.

TAGS Battfink
26-09-2017, 17:40
Very impressed for far on Xbox One. I hacked part of my finger off on Friday so I have this week off from work and as much time as I want to play. Even though I am injured I found a way to still use the wheel.

Now thats dedication, prepared to accidentally on purpose lose body pieces just to stay home and play pcars, not like me and my bad tummy.....

cxMilk
26-09-2017, 19:06
I just can't walk away from it. Start racing in the evening, next thing I know it's two or three in the morning. Even with some of the issues I've experienced; the brilliance of the game outshines them.

More than anything, I was looking forward to taking a spin around Historic Spa once the game came out. Haven't even managed that yet because I'm having too much of a blast with everything else I'm doing in the game. Frustrated over the Ginetta GT5 at Cadwell; running Free Practice laps to tune the car, and suddenly it's hours later enjoying the heck out of the whole process.

Gysepy
26-09-2017, 19:15
I also would like to add to this thread that SMS should be commended for implementing the Licence system on console. I thought i was being a little silly at first thinking it was a one race thing, but i have now finished 4 online races and i believe everybody is has this system on their mind. While some might say its a bad thing i for one like it, it is making think about how i need to pass someone, best place to do it, where i make time more than them etc. I also notice other players seemingly making these decisions, and its really great...

A little difficult in short races but anything over 10 laps with people of similar skill level is now becoming one of the best experiences i have had racing on console. I think credit where credit is due on this front and once these little bugs get sorted this is going to be an epic title.

I still love AC but as another poster said in a previous thread it gets a bit mundane or boring after sometime... Having two of these titles on console right now is only a plus for us and is very much pointing to a bright future..

Outlier
26-09-2017, 20:04
I'm also amazed! The game is just sooooo deep! I was also very surprised on my first online racing in PC2 last night. Two full rooms full of courteous racers! Sure we started racing with 15 and ended with 5 or 6. People just dropped off after spinning or crashing early, but there was no ramming or general selfishness i'm used to in online racing. This was only a U1500 room! I don't know if it's the fear of the license system or crashers are just turned off by the 20 min practice + qualifying? But after two full sessions I was pretty impressed. (I know it's early but good first impression)

There were some bugs but nothing to kill the experience yet!

rpstar
26-09-2017, 22:05
I do love the game. Just wish they had cut out things like Rallycross to focus on better quality control but it's still very playable.

TAGS Battfink
26-09-2017, 22:11
Hell no, the rally cross cars are my favourite so far and the main reason i bought the game

Antz
26-09-2017, 22:27
wow. awsome that i can drive an F1 car round all the tracks. Rally Cross in an F1 car is (give it ago) kart tracks not so much fun. and the ice is very slippy. Love this game. Thanks Sms Team.

Rockefelluh
26-09-2017, 23:23
I have also experienced good racing from randoms. Hope it continues.

HUSARIA
27-09-2017, 01:15
I was a forza 6 w/gamepad guy for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger on a thrustmaster tx wheel and pedals, shifter, and an open wheeler racing seat setup. I don't think i'll ever go back to Forza after playing PC2 with this setup.

milliotseb
27-09-2017, 04:29
I do love the game. Just wish they had cut out things like Rallycross to focus on better quality control but it's still very playable.

I think rally cross is a nice addition. Give some fresh air to Pcars 2

Major Epidemic
27-09-2017, 06:02
And I think driving with the game pad is great fun straight out of the box. Total improvement over PCars 1. :yes:

Konan
27-09-2017, 07:40
And I think driving with the game pad is great fun straight out of the box. Total improvement over PCars 1. :yes:

Agreed...omce you get the hang of it along with the handling of the cars it's a blast!

Lewy
27-09-2017, 07:42
Yeah Yeah Yeah, who are you trying to kid :biggrin-new:

I just can't walk away from it. Start racing in the evening, next thing I know it's two or three in the morning. Even with some of the issues I've experienced; the brilliance of the game outshines them.

More than anything, I was looking forward to taking a spin around Historic Spa once the game came out. Haven't even managed that yet because I'm having too much of a blast with everything else I'm doing in the game. Frustrated over the Ginetta GT5 at Cadwell; running Free Practice laps to tune the car, and suddenly it's hours later enjoying the heck out of the whole process.
Thatís exactly how Iíve been, I canít stop playing it. Theirs so much to do in the game and I feel spoilt for choice.
Donít think Iíve ever had so much fun on a game before. The few bugs Iím experiencing arenít ruining anything.
Iíd never tried Historic Spa before PC2, definitely one of my favs now. Specially for trying new cars out.

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 13:24
Now thats dedication, prepared to accidentally on purpose lose body pieces just to stay home and play pcars, not like me and my bad tummy.....

And I am getting paid to stay home and play! Can't beat that lol.

Plato99
27-09-2017, 15:44
And I am getting paid to stay home and play! Can't beat that lol.

Any jobs going at your place?!

amazed
27-09-2017, 15:49
Any jobs going at your place?!

Yeah, there's a vacancy because someone's off sick....

Konan
27-09-2017, 16:04

That one really made me laugh...LOL

amazed
27-09-2017, 16:19
That one really made me laugh...LOL

"My job here is done"™

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 17:40

Not sick, partially disabled :-)

Werdpc
28-09-2017, 07:59
I had the best race today in the light Sportscar championship driving the radical. Oulton park, 12 laps, started out in the rain. The puddles slowly grew until there was just enough room on the racing line to get through in a few places. Until about lap 6. Then the rain stopped.
Sun came out. The racing line went damp, then dry. Slowly the rest of the track followed. By the end only a hint of dampness and a hint of the largest puddles remained. That keeps me playing. Hats off for that sms. Let's get these bugs fixed. I want this game to be all it can be.

CXR PhilGDUK
28-09-2017, 09:59
Yeah I have to admit, hats off to SMS for PC2. Im really impressed with the improvements over PC1, even have a few mates coming back to PC on controllers after shunning the first title.

Nearly every car I've taken for a spin so far has been a pleasure to drive, few small braking tweaks and you're almost at a perfect car. I love tuning the shit out of my cars but don't like reading all the info out to others because its long, now guys I race with can just crack on, so that given me less of a headache :), especially with the Pit Engineer helping them, excellent new feature.

FFB was an issue at first but sometimes that can be me just going in there straight away trying to alter stuff and end up breaking it... Forums provided the answers to a starting point and I found perfect ish settings, the feel is 100% better than PC1 ever was.

UI - :yes: Its 100% better than PC1, smooth, looks great and flow nicely. (Albeit the missing online Championship mode from launch, and missing UDP for external devices. :()

Spotter - :yes: This alone will make racing online more of a joy. It's on Authentic from default though and maybe would be nice to be able to force it in online lobbies.

Racing Licence :yes: - Saved my favourite till last... Finally a way of racing on the online lobbies without (for the most part) the wreckers. After a few inital races the fact you can limit the lobbies to people more of your driving standard is amazing. It used to be on the PC version you'd be in a lobby with 31 other cars and by the end of the race there would be 4 people left in the lobby, now for the most part you end with 26-30 people.

Think you've finally cracked it with this one!

Well done to everyone involved.

XFR Spike
28-09-2017, 10:12
Very impressed for far on Xbox One. I hacked part of my finger off on Friday so I have this week off from work and as much time as I want to play. Even though I am injured I found a way to still use the wheel.Hardcore!... ultimate weight reduction ;)

GRTfast
28-09-2017, 11:20
I had a great experience last night. GT3 at Laguna Seca. qualified on pole with 10 people in the room, me and one other guy were trading fast laps. Ended up on pole by less than a tenth. During the race, we were feet apart the whole time (with me in the lead) and then he spun out with a few laps to go. The feel of the race, the force feedback... it is all brilliant. I wasn't sure if I like it better than Pcars 1, but now I know it is better. Once the bugs are worked out it will be incredible. Good job SMS.

SpiffyTheSeal
28-09-2017, 11:40
Same with me. There are bugs, they are mildly annoying but ultimately - for me - it has been a pretty solid experience. In truth, most of my bugs came in my first few hours of playing the game. I have played many, many more hours since then and all seems to have settled down. I'm really enjoying it - nearing the end of the Ginetta Juniors second season and looking forward to many more races at home in the UK.