PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial Leaderboard

Tbolt
26-09-2017, 14:08
In the Time Trial you can select the Leaderboard to show either the car you have selected or the class of car. When it's showing car it's fine and it's shows my times, but I drove three different cars at The Glen in the same class and when selecting show class it's only showing one in the Leaderboard which is my fastest one and the other two times for the other two cars don't show (other people with time for my cars that are missing are showing). Is this a bug or is this how it's designed?

MXR SMILER
26-09-2017, 15:02
That's how this and the last one worked. I am not a mathematician, but I can understand the limitations from the combination of available cars, players - with an entry for each of those cars - tracks - an entry for each etc etc. There was an explanation for this on the PC1 forum but I can't find it. I know there is furious activity to sort out release issues but if someone could explain why the leader board is limited this way it would be greatly appreciated.

blinkngone
26-09-2017, 15:03
Hey Tbolt, it's the same for me, only the fast time shows in class, after that it is the same as the old leaderboard where it's car(vehicle) specific. It's showing the other people in class because that is their fastest time, if they beat that time with another car their new time/car will show. That is how it's been working for me. Doubt it's a bug, eventually all the initial pages in "class" will be Formula A and so on fastest to slowest. I don't have a PS4 but I think that is the way it worked for consoles based on what I read so now on PC we have both ways, personally I don't like "class".

Tbolt
26-09-2017, 15:09
That's how this and the last one worked. I am not a mathematician, but I can understand the limitations from the combination of available cars, players - with an entry for each of those cars - tracks - an entry for each etc etc. There was an explanation for this on the PC1 forum but I can't find it. I know there is furious activity to sort out release issues but if someone could explain why the leader board is limited this way it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I never used it in PC1 as it defaulted to the car, where as in PC2 it defaults to the class.

N0body Of The Goat
26-09-2017, 15:18
In-game, you can switch between class and specific vehicle leaderboards by clicking somewhere around the top-right of the leaderboard table.

Virtually all my TT efforts so far have been at Spa ( :disillusionment: )and all have been untouched default setups.

blinkngone
26-09-2017, 15:22
You know it looks like they way they have it set up is that in the future, when/if they have more resources available, they could add groups and you could click through class, vehicle, then lmp 1, gt3(this way you could quickly see which gt3 cars are producing the fastest times at a particular track and you wouldn't have to search through the 20 different vehicles individually), gt4 etc.. Big ask but maybe.

Tbolt
26-09-2017, 15:24
In-game, you can switch between class and specific vehicle leaderboards by clicking somewhere around the top-right of the leaderboard table.

That basically was my first sentence.

MYSTYKRACER
26-09-2017, 15:57
Ive been wondering about this as well? I've been working on setting up a GT4 Mustang at Road America so I'd like to see what other GT4 times people are getting? I noticed all the open wheel cars were mixed together the same way as well w/ Formula A and Indy Car all mashed together. Is there a way to sort the leader boards by class? GT1 / GT3 / GT4, etc?

N0body Of The Goat
26-09-2017, 16:25
That basically was my first sentence.

I shall make my way to the stocks post-haste, to have eggs and custard pies thrown at me! ;)

Sorry, it's been a long day at work...

Tbolt
26-09-2017, 16:47
Ive been wondering about this as well? I've been working on setting up a GT4 Mustang at Road America so I'd like to see what other GT4 times people are getting? I noticed all the open wheel cars were mixed together the same way as well w/ Formula A and Indy Car all mashed together. Is there a way to sort the leader boards by class? GT1 / GT3 / GT4, etc?

No there isn't- there's another post somewhere about this issue.