PDA

View Full Version : Triple Screen Setup

Ramiboo
26-09-2017, 14:42
Hey guys,

Trying to setup my triple, wonder if any of you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

3 x Dell S2716DG with 40 degree sides

I'm using nVidia Surround to get the 3 monitors spanned, this bit is a no brainer and works for other titles.

I go into options and select the right resolution, 7680 x 1440 @ 143hz fullscreen, then go into the triple screen setup and enter what I measure to be the actual sizes and angles of the monitors.

I end up with mostly a good setup, apart from the the join from the centre to the right monitor. The gap in picture that is normally hidden by the bezel is about 1cm from the right hand edge of the centre monitor. The the picture also finishes about 2cm from the right hand edge of the right monitor.

The join between the left monitor to the centre monitor is spot on. I'll try to take a picture when I get home later, but if that makes sense to anyone and you know why then I'd appriciate your comments.

Cheers!

PixelatedBox
26-09-2017, 16:06
I had this problem to start with as well check in Nvidia control panel you are using the non bezel corrected resolution for surround. Then double check ingame that it matches. The game it self will handle the bezel correction for you. I also found as per the FAQ using the monitor dimensions from NirSoft MonitorInfoView got everything set up nice.

Ramiboo
26-09-2017, 17:37
The nVidia setting are not hiding the background, so it can't be that, so will try the NirSoft, thanks for the reply @PixelatedBox

EDIT: Yeah, it was the resolution in game, it was 7740 x 1440, must have overlooked it.

DarkFire989
26-09-2017, 17:58
You dont have to have surround enabled if you are using the in game triple monitor app.

Either, use surround with bezel compensation resolution selected. Or use the in game app.

Ramiboo
27-09-2017, 07:42
I normally leave surround enabled as its a PITA to keep enabling it for other things. It was working well last night apart from the player name tags flying all over the screen. Looked like the name tags were racing on a different track to their actual players :D

Not sure if that was a triple issue or just a general issue at the moment.

MISTER WU
27-09-2017, 22:27
I normally leave surround enabled as its a PITA to keep enabling it for other things. It was working well last night apart from the player name tags flying all over the screen. Looked like the name tags were racing on a different track to their actual players :D

Not sure if that was a triple issue or just a general issue at the moment.

I have reported this issue mate as i had the same and it apepars to be a triple screen problem, i disabled names showing because it was too distracting watching the names race LOL

jonston
28-09-2017, 03:49
Hey guys,

Trying to setup my triple, wonder if any of you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

3 x Dell S2716DG with 40 degree sides

I'm using nVidia Surround to get the 3 monitors spanned, this bit is a no brainer and works for other titles.

I go into options and select the right resolution, 7680 x 1440 @ 143hz fullscreen, then go into the triple screen setup and enter what I measure to be the actual sizes and angles of the monitors.

I end up with mostly a good setup, apart from the the join from the centre to the right monitor. The gap in picture that is normally hidden by the bezel is about 1cm from the right hand edge of the centre monitor. The the picture also finishes about 2cm from the right hand edge of the right monitor.

The join between the left monitor to the centre monitor is spot on. I'll try to take a picture when I get home later, but if that makes sense to anyone and you know why then I'd appriciate your comments.

Cheers!

My friend has this exact issue as well. i hope SMS will fix it soon.