PDA

View Full Version : Online issues

ELAhrairah
26-09-2017, 16:11
Has anyone else experienced the following online issue ?

- chosing a particular venue but being placed in a complete other one

Example: I chose Gt1 le mans but when I join I'm all of a sudden in gt3 class in road America

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 05:21
Yes, it has happened to me 3-4 times. But I could not recognize a pattern when that was happening, in order to report it.
A wild guess is that maybe it had to do with the fact that the last time it happened, I had previously disconnected from the previous server myself. Or I had sorted the lobbies by different columns just previously, that's also plausible.

Aldo Zampatti
27-09-2017, 05:24
Can you guys try to give exact steps of reproduction so we can try it internally?

thanks for reporting!

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 05:55
Can you guys try to give exact steps of reproduction so we can try it internally?

thanks for reporting!

Unfortunately as I said I do not have the steps, for this reason I had not reported it myself earlier.
Only thing I know is that some (few) times I click to join lobby at row y in the online browser and the game joins me to a different lobby z, but I haven't yet found a relation between z and y. Will report back if I find that.

I only have a suspicion that it has to do with sorting lobbies by players etc, as I do that often and I *think* I had done that before the last time that the error occurred. I had also just disconnected from a previous lobby.

ELAhrairah
27-09-2017, 13:49
I think I know how it happens:

- when you are in the online lobby and click the venue you want it takes you to a next screen that allows you to join by clicking on the ‘join’ button. Now this is where it sometimes go wrong and you are taken in the next screen after you click ‘join’ to the wrong venue.

I managed to surpass this by doing the following:

- in the lobby I look at the venue and click on the ‘join’ button all the way to the right. This will not take you to a next screen where you can chose to join but it will take you to the lobby of the correct venue immediatley. And then it works correctly.

So perhaps it could be a minor bug?

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 14:23
I think I know how it happens:

- when you are in the online lobby and click the venue you want it takes you to a next screen that allows you to join by clicking on the ‘join’ button. Now this is where it sometimes go wrong and you are taken in the next screen after you click ‘join’ to the wrong venue.

I managed to surpass this by doing the following:

- in the lobby I look at the venue and click on the ‘join’ button all the way to the right. This will not take you to a next screen where you can chose to join but it will take you to the lobby of the correct venue immediatley. And then it works correctly.

Might be related indeed. Also sometimes clicking on a lobby entry gets me to it directly, bypassing the info screen, even if I didn't click on the "Join" button. Seems to happen a bit randomly.

Btw, speaking about that lobby info screen, I have not seen this reported before, but the information about the race distance in it is usually displaying a wrong value. Often it says like "Qualifying: 10 minutes | Race : 10 minutes", while when you do enter the lobby, you see that the actual duration is based on laps, not time. I think this usually happens for long races (20 laps or so), but I think I'm seeing it also for shorter ones. Minor glitches of course.

Edit: Just to make sure it's clear what I'm saying, here's a screenshot of a lobby info screen right now, it says the duration of the race is 30 mins, but joining the lobby you find out it's only 5 laps instead. Hope I embedded the pic correctly!

FatnSlo
27-09-2017, 15:17
I have seem this to so even if you remember to check how many laps/time the race is before entering the lobby (since you cannot see this at all once on the track), the info may not be correct. This is one reason why so many lobbies hosters have turned off fuel usage. Hope this gets fixed soon.

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 16:05
Fortunately you can see the correct amount of laps after you join, it is visible in the next screen (to the left of the players' list, in the middle). But once you do start driving, I think you can not see it anymore. I'm sure this is being worked on.

MISTER WU
27-09-2017, 22:22
Has anyone else experienced the following online issue ?

- chosing a particular venue but being placed in a complete other one

Example: I chose Gt1 le mans but when I join I'm all of a sudden in gt3 class in road America

LOL i actually thought i was just drunk when it happened (I was drunk but anyway) and i could have sworn black and blue i joined another race.
Also as the other poster said, most of the races i see say 30 or 10 minutes of race time right but when you join its actually 5 laps or 10 laps etc.

So i can confirm i have had this a few times hey.