PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911 GT1 Sound bug

xthenewkid
26-09-2017, 17:35
The GT1 Porsche has a very loud vacuum cleaner sound in the PC version.
This is most likely a bug because it didn't exist in earlier builds.

Scuderia Paul
26-09-2017, 17:44
It's on PS4 too and it is a dreadful sound. You can hear a reasonable sound hidden behind it. The Porsches in general sound a little disappointing but the 911 GT1-98 is the worst.

blausven
26-09-2017, 18:10
Yes, what a pity.

There is also a bug with the LEDs in the Cockpit marking the shift point. Sometimes, after pit stop or even after down shift or camera change, they lit up around 1000RPMs earlier than normal.

justheretodownload
31-03-2018, 23:13
how is this still in the game??

Ofnir4
31-03-2018, 23:39
turn your head right and you won't hear it as much !

Jokes aside it's probably the turbo.

There is also another shift light bug where switching the headlights means the rev lights are always on, making them useless.
But it goes away as I cross the start/finish line.

@Scuderia Paul : The worst ? That is an insult to the 2017 911 RSR GTE ! :p

justheretodownload
01-04-2018, 17:48
turn your head right and you won't hear it as much !

Jokes aside it's probably the turbo.

There is also another shift light bug where switching the headlights means the rev lights are always on, making them useless.
But it goes away as I cross the start/finish line.

Thats what I thought but it sounded so bad on my speakers that I tried a different set with the same vacuum whine result.
Checked out some youtube videos from a while back and they don't have it for some strange reason.
The GT1 sounds awesome without that vacuum noise

Edit: can't post links yet but for a comparison check these youtube id's (you can just put that in search bar and it will give the correct video)

- f23d2jS3eys: not a lot of noticeable vacuum whine up top

- mUMelHHvUb8: this one has it although not nearly as loud as my system seems to play it

I play with a gaming laptop attached to projector and 5.1 sound system.
No matter the sound configuration, the whine is very audible.
Even when using just the laptops speakers, it's very noticeably there.

Any ideas?

RotaryTez
13-06-2018, 23:02
Today i done some testing with 911 GT1-98 and noticed the the crazy Boiling kettle turbo sound :( with 100% boost
if u keep the turbo boost 70% and below the Boiling kettle turbo sound is gone .....more like a normal turbo

One other thing i noticed in options General Car Volume for / transmission, suspension and damaged
i turned it down for race mode and the Clunk gear is still there (But) totally removed from replay mode sounds nice...strange?

wish this sound glitch/bug could be reversed for race mode