PDA

View Full Version : [PCars2] Rift suddenly unplayable

ImpliedConsent
26-09-2017, 18:04
I've been playing PCars2 in VR (Rift) since it's release late-night 21Sept. I'm well into my career mode and today, all heck breaks loose.

In short, on my qualification, the game freezes (visually). I can hear my car crashing and my wheel (G27) bumps around until stopped. There is zero input (mouse, Oculas cursor, keyboard) available and the (VR) screen shakes. On the monitor, again, no input ability. CTRL+ALT+DEL-->Log off (do NOT stop attempt Task Manager--blacks out screen) clears me, but it is repeatable EVERY single time.

i7700, 16GB, 2 x SSD (OS / Apps), 1 x HDD (Storage), GTX1070 (385.69)
Running: Defender, Oculas Tray Tool, Logitech Profiler, Steam (yes OTT and Profiler were individually disabled in case of conflict)
Unable to screenshot
Start Oculas, Start SteamVR-->PCars2-->Career-->Drive

Any recent updates to PCars2 that would cause this? The Nvidia drivers are the same and Oculas hasn't updated. No config / hardware changes.

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 18:09
There was an Oculus 1.19 update today, IF you are in beta program? you can check version that in Oculus Settings. I can try the game now, i am in BETA and just got 1.19.

ImpliedConsent
26-09-2017, 18:21
There was an Oculus 1.19 update today, IF you are in beta program? you can check version that in Oculus Settings. I can try the game now, i am in BETA and just got 1.19.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm not running BETA and am on General Release 1.18. Let me know if BETA is running OK...I might try that.

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 19:33
I just raced two races and had no issues....sorry man. (BETA ok)

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 19:46
Try without Oculus Tray Tool, dont trust that app...it gives me strange errors sometimes. If overclocked system, run vanilla.

ImpliedConsent
26-09-2017, 20:34
I'll keep trying. I did confirm that the Oculas apps are working as intended. Nothing weird. I'll disable OTT for good, I didn't see any real SS anyway. I just hope I don't have to uninstall / re-download / install. That download was a beast.

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 20:39
U could try remove all files in Project Cars 2 under my document.
Even better, copy all content above to a safe space. Then delete. Let the game create new config files and see what happenes.
U have tried verify game files through stem?

Also, you dont have to start steam vr, just right click project cars 2, start in oculus vr.

Stocky
26-09-2017, 20:44
There was a huge Elite Dangerous update today, and Oculus users are stuck in a downloading loop, since it downloads, installs, fails install at 97%, then starts the process all over again every time you restart Oculus.

There are posts in Elite about this, and many are sending in tickets.

It took up a lot of disk space for download/install staging, and could be the problem as well.

If you have Elite, these could be your issues.

ImpliedConsent
26-09-2017, 21:52
Well, I deleted the Career (GinettaJr.) and tried to recreate. I could not. I'll call this Solved (But...) without an answer (OTT was not it). I did not want to touch my Project Cars folder unless I had to. Thanks y'all for your help. GREAT community!