PDA

View Full Version : replay length

koly
26-09-2017, 20:05
How can we save full session replay, each time i use "replay" it's only a short part :)

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 20:24
How can we save full session replay, each time i use "replay" it's only a short part :)

You can save a complete race replay once the race is finished (view replay, then hit the save icon on the replay controls)

nhitrac
26-09-2017, 20:48
Just curious, why are replays only in 2 minute blocks until the race has been completed? Is it a memory restriction etc?

TylerDurden4321
26-09-2017, 23:19
Yes, would be nice if would could adjust the replay length. For practice-sessions, replays are often a very helpful learning tool.
You do 20 laps and then re-watch your best one, how did you take which corner.

I'd like an option for replay length (rFactor 2 offers this, but you can also always watch the whole thing from the replay theatre).
Or keep the 2 minutes, but do what RaceRoom does: always save the last 10-20 full sessions and I can watch them from the menus like any other saved replay from a race. Though I'd prefer a solution like in iRacing or Assetto Corsa, where I can always watch the full thing, from the pause menu during a session, see where in the replay what lap started and be able to click at where I want to start watching in the time bar.

The last one is probably too big a request for pCARS2 (maybe in 3??), but an option for replay length should be doable without too much effort.

Thanks for looking into this!

CESKO
26-09-2017, 23:35
You can save a complete race replay once the race is finished (view replay, then hit the save icon on the replay controls)
I don't see that icon. Is it only after a race and not in testing session ?

Anyway, 2 minutes is too short/useless. There should be an option to adjust the recording time according to your own needs.
Another problem encountered in the time trial: the ghost car that appears on the circuit in a fixed position.

nhitrac
27-09-2017, 06:26
Yea absolutely - 2 mins is pretty useless as seeing tracks can take more than 2 minutes to complete (depends on what car you drive).

Assetto Corsa has nailed this one down pretty well.

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 06:53
Just curious, why are replays only in 2 minute blocks until the race has been completed? Is it a memory restriction etc?

Yes,exactly... It's written in the RAM and therefor only limited Budget on Memory.

Joshude
27-09-2017, 10:51
This is not perfectly fitting here, but almost:
It would be nice to have a slider so you can skip anywhere in the replay. Also have markers for where a lap is finished (basically... like in Assetto Corsa)

TylerDurden4321
27-09-2017, 15:06
Yes,exactly... It's written in the RAM and therefor only limited Budget on Memory.
I don't understand. It does whole races and whole point-to-point sessions in practice, just not if the session is open ended.
How can this be a memory budget thing? Also: other sims don't have this problem, in AC you can choose the maximum file size and detail of a streamed-to-disk replay dump file and they go really really big. This shouldn't have anything to do with RAM.

TylerDurden4321
28-09-2017, 20:32
So I just did a longer "private testing" session, 37 laps at catalunya.

When I wanted to go back to the main menu, by mistake I went to "Monitor" and could select "skip to end of session" and from there I could watch the replay of over 60 minutes of my "private testing".

I thought, wow, cool! So you can watch longer replays even outside of a race or point-to-point session.

Wanted to try that again, but monitor was greyed out. Then took another car, drove a lap, still "monitor" is greyed out. Did more laps (5), Monitor still greyed out, went to pit, nope, Monitor still greyed out.

How did I do that? Does "Monitor" only become available in a private session after a longer time? Or did I by mistake hit a dedicated "go to Monitor"-button that would override they "greyed out" Monitor??

Thanks in advance