PDA

View Full Version : Having just fun

Colt Firestone
26-09-2017, 20:47
Today I silenced my inner obsessive "pro" racer. He is sometimes too neurotic about every braking point, tuning and honing the laps to perfection. Instead, I called 30 semi-expencive fast road cars to Bathurst in order to have some fun. And that's what we really had with those AI guys. Random weather was used. There was a spring storm in the beginning, then the weather turned to almost clear for maybe ten minutes, then lesser rain, the storm did not return. Project Cars 2 created such a pleasant gentleman race for me to enjoy ( AI was only 20% ), not even slightest collisions after the first lap congestion. In the first turn also, it was only gentle touches, because I tried to be a responsible gentleman driver.

BTW, how many of you guys have met the last turn puddle in Bathurst? ;););)

What a joy, this simulator is better than anything in the genre at the moment. So versatile, so beautiful, providing full flavor racing experiences for user to create and enjoy.

Strummer
26-09-2017, 21:17
Yup, it's good enough to qualify as a racing sim but forgiving enough so you do not have to drive like you're actually having fun.

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 21:19
I agree. Yes, the game has some definite issues which can make certain parts of it difficult to enjoy. But there's just SO MUCH content that it's damn near impossible to NOT be able to find something that will make you smile while we wait for things to get sorted.

The underpinnings are there. A lot of the meat on those bones is delicious. Now we just need to work on getting rid of the fat and gristle, and we'll have a delicious top sirloin.

(I should really go eat dinner...I'm starving.) :rolleyes:

Jussi Karjalainen
26-09-2017, 21:44
Yup, it's good enough to qualify as a racing sim but forgiving enough so you do not have to drive like you're actually having fun.Just for reference, nothing in the physics was done as a "gotta keep this playable" aside from a few design choices (like for example giving every car access to WRC style spiked tyres instead of just road legal studs, which btw are an option for road cars, and adding an optional decel lock on the Formula Rookie). Everything we did we did as realistically as we could, and usually it was our cadre of resident pro drivers who wanted to make sure the cars are realistically hard, not unrealistically hard.

Also the best kobe beef has ~15-17% fat, fat is delicious. =)

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 22:19
Also the best kobe beef has ~15-17% fat, fat is delicious. =)

...and also bad for you in excess. ;)

Jussi Karjalainen
27-09-2017, 01:34
...and also bad for you in excess. ;)I think by definition EVERYTHING is bad for you in excess. ;)