PDA

View Full Version : How set FFB different per car

koly
26-09-2017, 21:55
some cars are really weak, i need to set different FFB for each car, how can i save FFb for each car

koly
26-09-2017, 22:38
answer ?

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 22:41
You cant, sorry.

rosko
26-09-2017, 22:48
Best way to reduce this is with compression imo. Did you try jacks custom files.

koly
26-09-2017, 22:55
Best way to reduce this is with compression imo. Did you try jacks custom files.

i use ALT HI, but with porsche 911 (GT3 R) it's awesome, but with HONDA civc R it's weak, i need to change FFB

rosko
26-09-2017, 23:12
Well to be fair it should really be somewhat weeker than a GT3.

BigDad
26-09-2017, 23:42
Set tone and volume to a knob or button and increase or decrease a couple of hits as necessary.

koly
27-09-2017, 00:29
Set tone and volume to a knob or button and increase or decrease a couple of hits as necessary.

that's a good idea !
Maybe add FFB save file for each car ?
Or can you add information displayed about value we have set ? cause each time i use the button binded, i d'ont know what i'm doing !

Edit: it works vey nice thanks man, i can change FFB very quiclky, just need a option to save FFB for car !!

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 01:38
The street cars should be weaker than a race car. That's by design. I don't think SMS will be going back to per car FFB (at least not in PC2). The idea is to fire & forget with the FFB. There should be distinct differences between cars and some will be much weaker than others by design.

koly
27-09-2017, 01:49
yes but when you race porsche 911 GT R and after honda civic, you feel hond civic "empty", and "dead", i just added +10 to volume ( i pressed 2 times key binded) and it's awesome !! FFB is personal, so i prefer choosing what i like :)

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 01:54
Yes, but that is real... After I've been in my race car for a full race weekend, and then take my Jag to the track, it feels numb in comparison.

bmanic
27-09-2017, 01:56
some cars are really weak, i need to set different FFB for each car, how can i save FFb for each car

Why not just assign a key for the FFB VOLUME? That's what I do. Then simply tap the key a few times when needed. Simple and takes like 3 seconds to do. The upside of that being that you can sort of "abuse" it and get really strong nice FFB even when the weather conditions or tire wear make the feedback from the wheels light.

bmanic
27-09-2017, 01:57
yes but when you race porsche 911 GT R and after honda civic, you feel hond civic "empty", and "dead", i just added +10 to volume ( i pressed 2 times key binded) and it's awesome !! FFB is personal, so i prefer choosing what i like :)

Have you ever driven a Kart for a few hours, then taken your ordinary car back home? Yeah, same thing.. the wheel feels very odd for a while until you acclimatize.

EDIT: basically what Mahjik said, except I don't have a race car nor do I have Jag. :D

Alan Dallas
27-09-2017, 07:27
Yes, but that is real... After I've been in my race car for a full race weekend, and then take my Jag to the track, it feels numb in comparison.
Heheh, my Autocross car is my street car, power steering and all. After racing all day it's hard to keep my foot out of it on the street. :D