PDA

View Full Version : Quitters during ranked Qualifying - there should be a penalty like quitting races

chops13
26-09-2017, 23:26
The new phenomenon it seems regarding preserving your ranking during a ranked session is to quit during qualifying if a person qualifies outside pole timing. There is so much of this going on... people quitting once you lay a good lap down.

Then you end up running the race all by yourself after 6-10 people quit. This would also preserve the integrity of ranked matches.

bmaytum
27-09-2017, 06:36
On the other hand, I'll quit during ranked Qualifying if the lobby is full of rammers & crashers - I quit because I know if I stay to Race, I'll get a**-rammed or crashed by one or more of them during a Race, which will lower my Online Rep score a lot. So I vote NO on penalizing players for quitting from ranked Qual sessions.

CodeCmdr
27-09-2017, 06:52
Agreed with the OP. Joining the qualifying should be a commitment to the race.

@bmaytum: If you're worried about rammers and crashers, join F+ sessions, stay away from the U sessions.

Maximilliaan
27-09-2017, 10:19
Agreed as well. But i would say joining the qualifying AND setting a laptime would be commitment to the race.

RobPhoboS
27-09-2017, 10:37
Something else to note - if you've joined into that stage of the session and have lag, why would you want to stay ?
Or if others are behaving badly (which is more likely to be at the lowly stage I am because I can't seem to get my ranking to increase), then yeah you wouldn't want to stay.

ironik
27-09-2017, 10:41
I agree with you but there are already many people here, complaining about the quitting penalty when in a race... :D

chops13
27-09-2017, 19:23
This would also encourage people to use the skill and safety rating feature appropriately. If you go into a session and take the spot of someone else who could be qualifying for the race and then quit it ruins it for the person who wants to have a decent race with many other drivers, not just the 3 that are left because they've determined they have a chance to win

chops13
27-09-2017, 19:24
Currently you ate never going to get a big group racing because people have realized that they are going to lose a lot of skillrank if they finish in the bottom half of a full grid

Sampo
27-09-2017, 19:29
When you're playing over the internet, you can get disconnected at any time, so quitting could only be considered when one clicks the quit button. But then people can just yank the network cable. So it's not going to work.

bmaytum
02-10-2017, 20:13

@bmaytum: If you're worried about rammers and crashers, join F+ sessions, stay away from the U sessions.

I would love to race in F, E, or higher sessions. BUT the Problem is that my Rep keeps getting hammered back down from F to U because of the rammers and crashers.

MadHaze
03-10-2017, 06:46
Not on a public server , sometimes kids, animals and life gets in the way and you have to quit out. Don't want punishing for that. I agree it's annoying though when people leave though . :)

Audi75
03-10-2017, 07:35
I would love to race in F, E, or higher sessions. BUT the Problem is that my Rep keeps getting hammered back down from F to U because of the rammers and crashers.

Hi

One suggestion, set up your own lobby, put on 15 min qualy, set a lap time, dont bother about your grid place. Go to pit, and monitor the randoms, and kick every one thats driving erratic. You will very soon rise in your ranking, and will also gain skill points for passing other cars if you start at the back.

Everytime you rank up your safety rating you up the acceptance criteria in your lobby. This method worked wonders for us in the RWB club, and we are mainly C,B,A and one S already. With a few latecomers still working their way up quickly from F.

For myself it took me four days to reach B ranking.

Cheers

MerlinC
03-10-2017, 08:42
The rating system of pCARS is really at the beginning - I would suggest that the devs quickly have a look how other sims (e.g. IRacing) implemented this. With regard to having people with the same skills in races iRacing seems to me bench.

Or can someone tell me what happens if a new player joins in 1-2 years and can't find a lobby he can drive online due to all lobbies are requesting a higher rating?

Stache
03-10-2017, 15:25

Same here :( ,also a lot of people online with very bad connections ,wich are not improving matters ,but the amount of rammers crashers and people rejoining the track without any consideration of traffic is just insane!.

takaii
03-10-2017, 15:42
There shouldnt be a punishment for leaving qualifying event! its the perfect time to get in and get a feel of the other drivers on the track. What i mean is its really easy to see if they drive safe or not during qualify. Or at least get an idea. If you see people driving like shit go crashing all over the place, dont let a faster driver pass etc and try to play like its race during qualify. You kinda get the idea that this could be a shitty race so getting to leave is understandable.

Dozer K.A.O.
03-10-2017, 15:58
same here, i know some people here are really good, other aggressive , i'm not one of them, not too fast but always respectful with other drivers, it doesn't mind, 90% of time i get rammered in the first corner.. many of those times my car just smashed and not in condition to keep driving.

i have seen how my rank goes slower and slower, so now i'm forced to drive with all those wild drivers and i feel like i'm in a circle i can't get out of, so if in project cars 1, there was the problem of server and lobbies availability, added to those that are not playing in the category you are familiar with, and also with the config you are not used to drive... now i have to add the worst of them.. the rank limit.

i will probably stop driving online soon, i feel more respect from the AI than from real people, maybe online gaming is not for me, i'm not good enough but for sure i have not made anything for this, let's say. "ban" , this kind of rank limits would work better if they can recognize when and how are you having car contact, or the reasons that force you to leave but i guess is almost imposible due to multiple factors.

i just wanted to leave here my opinion.

serious_gaming
03-10-2017, 18:07
Today i joined like 12 Sessions. Every Time i could Drive 2-3 laps till i got disconnected.
So, now should i get a penalty for bad Servers?
My connection is stable and works with every other game.

csdigitaldesign
14-10-2017, 04:04
What if they do NOT have a practice setup? I disagree.. quitting qualifying should be allowed. It doesn't affect the bonus you'd get for getting pole position.. first is first.

OperatorWay
14-10-2017, 05:12
I think better incentives/rewards are more player-friendly & motivating than harsher penalties.

Instead of looking for more ways to punish more severely, I think it would be better to explore ways to make it really worth people's while to stick around & race clean. Give players something to race (cleanly) for, even if they won't "dominate" the lobby.

Rather than fearing how a loss or quitting might affect them, give players a good reason to stay & think "well, I probably won't win, but I don't want to leave because I'd miss out on a nice completion bonus" (for example) or something.

An idea I've had bouncing around in my head for a while is to divide lobby finishers into groups & award trophies based on where they finished within their group - something like: top 3 overall finishers are in the "masters cup" with gold-silver-bronze "masters" trophies, then the next 3 finishers are in the "pro cup" with gold-silver-bronze "pro" trophies, then next 3 finishers are in the "pro-am cup", then next 3 are in the "gentleman driver cup," and so on, etc. ...and players accumulate different cup trophies over their career. With something like this, it seems like there could be some good mid-pack racing with players striving to finish strong within their cup/group. Even if they feel like they can't get a top 3 "masters" overall finish in a lobby, more people might be encouraged to stay & race after qualifying if they feel like they have a shot at a "pro" or "pro-am" trophy. Just a thought/concept (not a fully-detailed 'perfect' plan).

tipostrano
14-10-2017, 08:40
For now i disagree.
In most cases, people using qualify to test a new car, a new track etc. etc. and quit if understand that it will be risky, or dangerous for other players if go to race.
Ok, in some lobby there is a pratice session, but people want to race a lot, so no one make pratice sessions, so think online qualifying as a pratice/qualify hybrid.

Balles
14-10-2017, 15:41
There is no easy solution to solve this but I'm more for a reward to players who deserve it than punish bad behaviors because it's often lead to injustice. Better do nothing sometimes.

Cypher
14-10-2017, 15:46
So many times I've joined qualifying only to find out that all assists are turned off or there are only 2 people there (yes, I don't always remember to check lobby info before I join).

But never mind people like me, yay for more penalties because there aren't enough of them as is!

Thommo
15-10-2017, 07:16
I think better incentives/rewards are more player-friendly & motivating than harsher penalties.

Instead of looking for more ways to punish more severely, I think it would be better to explore ways to make it really worth people's while to stick around & race clean. Give players something to race (cleanly) for, even if they won't "dominate" the lobby.

Rather than fearing how a loss or quitting might affect them, give players a good reason to stay & think "well, I probably won't win, but I don't want to leave because I'd miss out on a nice completion bonus" (for example) or something.

An idea I've had bouncing around in my head for a while is to divide lobby finishers into groups & award trophies based on where they finished within their group - something like: top 3 overall finishers are in the "masters cup" with gold-silver-bronze "masters" trophies, then the next 3 finishers are in the "pro cup" with gold-silver-bronze "pro" trophies, then next 3 finishers are in the "pro-am cup", then next 3 are in the "gentleman driver cup," and so on, etc. ...and players accumulate different cup trophies over their career. With something like this, it seems like there could be some good mid-pack racing with players striving to finish strong within their cup/group. Even if they feel like they can't get a top 3 "masters" overall finish in a lobby, more people might be encouraged to stay & race after qualifying if they feel like they have a shot at a "pro" or "pro-am" trophy. Just a thought/concept (not a fully-detailed 'perfect' plan).

I think something like this is a great idea. I usually run mid pack or worse but I drive clean and respect faster drivers. I find drivers that crash out early in a race and quit works for me. Instead of finishing say 10th I will finish say 6th but last due to drivers quitting. So this rating system would work for me but I think more importantly would keep drivers in the race until the end.

DarkStryder360
15-10-2017, 08:31
I don't think that's fair.

Many times I will join Qualifying or Practice just to pass the time until my friends are all ready to come on.

I usually quit out once I have set some laps to join them in their lobby.

Martinbooker
15-10-2017, 12:25
same here, i know some people here are really good, other aggressive , i'm not one of them, not too fast but always respectful with other drivers, it doesn't mind, 90% of time i get rammered in the first corner.. many of those times my car just smashed and not in condition to keep driving.

i have seen how my rank goes slower and slower, so now i'm forced to drive with all those wild drivers and i feel like i'm in a circle i can't get out of, so if in project cars 1, there was the problem of server and lobbies availability, added to those that are not playing in the category you are familiar with, and also with the config you are not used to drive... now i have to add the worst of them.. the rank limit.

i will probably stop driving online soon, i feel more respect from the AI than from real people, maybe online gaming is not for me, i'm not good enough but for sure i have not made anything for this, let's say. "ban" , this kind of rank limits would work better if they can recognize when and how are you having car contact, or the reasons that force you to leave but i guess is almost imposible due to multiple factors.

i just wanted to leave here my opinion.

I have exactly the same issue, It seems us non alien but respectful drivers are getting caught in the same loop where we can't progress.

I'm gonna try a new approach tonight. Enter a race, sit out qualifying to start at the back, let them all go at the start of the race and then just pootle round staying out of trouble. Concentrate on building up my safety rating at the expense of my skill score. Hopefully that will grant me access to cleaner lobbies where I can then start building up skill points.

MaximusN
15-10-2017, 12:52

I'm all for the reward vs the current system that is based more on punishing. It all starts with the 1500 start points we are given which is easier to lose from then to build upon.

Quitting/being kicked/being disconnected costing points sounds a lot worse than losing the chance to win points. The only problem would be that people that race more gather more points. That could be done by dividing the total points by the races you have finished(so the actual rating becomes a points/race ratio). That way you still lose a little if you quit(one more race, no more points so your ratio goes down), but it's not way as harsh as losing 50pts.