PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Can not change pit settings during race.

dhysk
26-09-2017, 23:42
Playing on PC with rift, although I tried without the rift and still nothing.

I started an endurance race in the quick race menu. 1/4 the way threw its starts raining and I need to change to rain tires. When I enter the pits they always give me slicks. In Pcars1 when you entered the pit lane you would get a little selection box in the top left corner where you could change your pit strat. I don't get anything like that so i dug threw the settings. The only thing I could find is the Car menu button assignment. I assigned it to a button on my wheel, and later to numpad0, and when I push the assigned button the ICM doesn't come up.

I don't know what I'm looking for for 1, but I see no change to anything on the screen when I push the button so I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. Not to mention I can set my pit strat to change to wet on the first stop, but then on the second stop they will give me wets again when it drys out because I cant change the pit start or tire choice on the fly.

So what am I doing wrong? Right now game is unplayable basically without it because I like GT cars with changing conditions.

Morgan Henstridge
26-09-2017, 23:47
You can pre-configure your pit stop while driving using the ICM.

Make sure this is assigned in the controls.

dhysk
26-09-2017, 23:49
I did assign it in the controls and it does nothing. That's the main issue. Maybe I am missing it, have a screen shot of what the ICM looks like?

Chicken Patty
27-09-2017, 00:05
I had a similar problem, ICM wouldn't come up. Problem is you don't just have to assign the controls to navigate it, you have to assign a control to bring it up in the first place, then you navigate it. It has five assigned controls total. I personally rather it like it used to be, but this works. Problem is trying to change stuff in there while racing. Long tracks with long straights are okay, but in a tighter track, you don't really have the time to mess with it. Although you can bring it up as you go down pit lane. Only thing is if you have one of the first stalls LOL, you won't have much time to change things.

dhysk
27-09-2017, 00:17
So I assigned the "Car Management" to numpad0 under "Edit Assignments" --> "Game" . When I push numpad0 nothing happens or comes up at all. Not in practice and not in race. I've tried a button on my wheel i've tried assigning space bar no matter what button I assign to it when I push it nothing comes up.

Now how do you edit the thread as [Solved]?

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 00:39
I did assign it in the controls and it does nothing. That's the main issue. Maybe I am missing it, have a screen shot of what the ICM looks like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n6tS7Znqkk

dhysk
27-09-2017, 01:00
Thank you now I know what its supposed to look like. I did all that but I don't get the ICM menu at all. So the question is how do I fix it?

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 01:10
Try mapping it to a different button just to test that you can get it to launch at all.

If that works, try mapping it back to the original button you had it mapped to.

dhysk
27-09-2017, 01:12
Already tried multiple buttons.

I thought maybe I changed the HUD setup somehow and reverted that to defaults as well and that did nothing to help.

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 01:26
Just for testing, map it to the keyboard, something like 'C'.

dhysk
27-09-2017, 01:43
I've already tried multiple buttons, but I just tried 'c' and nothing. I changed Car management to 'c' and change HUD to numpad0. numpad0 works to change HUD layout but no ICM menu.

No I did it in private testing, does the ICM come up in that game mode or does it have to be a race?

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 01:45
EDIT - I'm not 100% sure if it comes up in Private testing. Try a quick race, as it should definitely come up in there.

If its no good in a Race session....

If you can't get it to come up at all, maybe try toggling the Camera view incase its an issue on a particular view with it not displaying correctly.
Also try launching the game without VR support and just see if you can get it to come up then.
Check if you have any antivirus running and disable it and retest.
If those don't work, might be worth Verifying your files in Steam to make sure nothing is corrupt.

dhysk
28-09-2017, 02:01
welp I've tried everything suggested, even reinstalled the game. Still No Dice.

I should mention that I installed it threw steam so when I uninstalled then reinstalled it kept my settings. Apparently steam backed them up and restored because all the files where gone when I uninstalled the game.

dhysk
28-09-2017, 02:28
Ok!! YAY!! Deleted the files in the Documents folder restarted game. Works, apparently the default mapping is 'N'? Anyway it works now, so i'm not sure what I did to mess it up but finnally

jimortality
28-09-2017, 03:01
Maybe this is a similar problem to the pit stop issue reported elsewhere? I have a pit button on my gte t300 but that won't work for asking for pitstops.

Mahjik
28-09-2017, 03:21
Maybe this is a similar problem to the pit stop issue reported elsewhere? I have a pit button on my gte t300 but that won't work for asking for pitstops.

You can try renaming your "Documents\Project Cars 2" to something like "Documents\PC2Save", let PC2 recreate everything and see if it works. If it doesn't you can just delete the "Project Cars 2" folder and rename PC2Save back to "Project Cars 2" and be back to where you were.

dhysk
28-09-2017, 03:49
I found out what broke it to begin with. It was the Momo Racing wheel pre-selection in the controllers menue. Since I first booted up the game and it auto configed it never worked for me. However when I deleted the files restarted I didn't have it hooked up so it defaulted to keyboard bindings. When I connected my wheel to race and picked the Logitec Momo wheel all the mappings go away. And even crazier is that it doesn't matter what you map to the in-car menu if you have the momo wheel selected it will do nothing. All i had to do was pick generic wheel.

And on a second note the momo wheel force feedback settings are crap, now that I used the 'Generic' wheel selection the FFB is WAY better. Before no matter what I did FFB was weak even with all settings maxed out. The most violent of curbs would barley be a soft rumble. Yes rumble, not even a pull. But now much better.

I wish for a day that games will come out ready for release. One day.. One day.........

jimortality
28-09-2017, 04:38
Would it have anything to do with the fact the options only give us T300 RS where as mine is the T300 GTE? just a thought