PDA

View Full Version : I keep joining lobbies as an observer

GRTfast
27-09-2017, 01:18
Tried to race online tonight. I kept joining lobbies that indicated they were in the lobby, or practice, but when I join they are racing and I'm watching. What am I missing??!?!?!??

gmspromo
27-09-2017, 07:19
Tried to race online tonight. I kept joining lobbies that indicated they were in the lobby, or practice, but when I join they are racing and I'm watching. What am I missing??!?!?!??

You're probably getting confused because the lobby indicators (telling you whether people in the lobby are in Practice, Qualifying or the Race) don't work full stop. They are ALWAYS wrong and therefore you are most likely joining a race already in progress ... so you can only watch.

This needs fixing ASAP and if SMS can't, just remove the pointless indicators!

malcster
27-09-2017, 09:49
Can you take photos in observer mode

RobPhoboS
27-09-2017, 11:05
This keeps happening to me as well, massively frustrating but I wonder if you hang in there then the next part you might be able to race ?

GRTfast
27-09-2017, 11:20
This keeps happening to me as well, massively frustrating but I wonder if you hang in there then the next part you might be able to race ?

Yes, that works. It's just disappointing to join a lobby that says they are in practice at a track I like, then once I join I can't race. I'm sure they will fix it, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, or doing something wrong.

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 11:31
With the Upcoming Patch, there will be an Improvement made here...
You will notice now before joining that the Race is allready active and you will join as a Spectator...

gmspromo
27-09-2017, 15:47
With the Upcoming Patch, there will be an Improvement made here...
You will notice now before joining that the Race is allready active and you will join as a Spectator...

An "improvement"? That's good and all, but that doesn't sound like a fix to me .... if the lobby indicators (if they are in Practice/Qualifying/Race) don't work and aren't going to be fixed, remove them, otherwise you are just going to keep getting confused people wondering what is going on ...