PDA

View Full Version : Automatic downshifting when in low speed/braking

shiberu
27-09-2017, 02:47
Hi all,

I am experiencing something really annoying. I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug.

Whenever I am braking hard and downshifting into a chicane, or into a slow corner, sometimes it will skip the gears and I end up shifting down an extra gear. Like if I meant to get from 5-4-3-2 with each click of the pedal, the game ends up "skipping" 3rd gear and automatically shifts to 2nd for me. Which sometimes make me lose count of the gears and end up downshifting to first, causing a spin.

This can be recreated when at low speed. For example in 4th gear at low speeds, when I click to downshift once, the game will automatically shift down from 3rd to 2nd for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

programmer8922
27-09-2017, 02:53
What are you using as your input device(s)?

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 03:04
It is not set to Automatic Gears is it??

With auto shift on, I believe you can still shift manually, but the auto shift will kick in if its parameters are hit, which is what this sounds like.

shiberu
27-09-2017, 03:37
No, I have checked the settings and it is manual. It doesn't shift up automatically for me.

I will try to make a video of it when I get home.

shiberu
27-09-2017, 03:38
What are you using as your input device(s)?

I am using a Logitech G29. The downshifting is fine at high RPMs, only at low RPMs it will "help" me downshift.

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 03:42
Does it only do "extra" downshifts after you initiate the first one, or if you slow down too much will it just start down shifting by itself??

May be worth just as a test to map your shift paddles to the opposite up and down, and see if it still does multiple downshifts, or if it then does multiple up shifts.

shiberu
27-09-2017, 03:50
Does it only do "extra" downshifts after you initiate the first one, or if you slow down too much will it just start down shifting by itself??

May be worth just as a test to map your shift paddles to the opposite up and down, and see if it still does multiple downshifts, or if it then does multiple up shifts.

- Yes, it only does "extra" when I initiate the first one. It does not shift down by itself, as I can coast freely in 5th gear without apply any throttle.

- It downshifts totally fine when I am at high RPMs, 1 gear at a time. It only happens at low RPMs. Nonetheless, I will try remapping to the buttons or something when I get back home.

shiberu
27-09-2017, 03:57
Just some additional information if anyone is able to try and recreate this situation.

- Car: GT3 AMG
- Stay at 4th gear, hover around 2-3k RPM
- Downshift once
- Goes down to 2nd gear automatically, game helps skip 3rd gear for you (To stay in the powerband?)

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 04:08
Do you only get it in the AMG GT3, or do you get it in other cars too??

shiberu
27-09-2017, 05:33
Do you only get it in the AMG GT3, or do you get it in other cars too??

I first noticed it when playing the LMP1 (Toyota IIRC) cars. Found that I am always a gear lower when exiting corners, thought my mind was playing tricks on me. Then I went into another race with a GT3 (Renault) car, faced the issue as well.

Then I decided to test it out at practice, which I managed to replicate it. However my Nvidia screen capture was giving me issues yesterday and I could not record the issue.