PDA

View Full Version : I love the cool down lap

t4yl012
27-09-2017, 04:58
Honestly this is so awesome, once chat boxes get ironed out I think it will be my favorite feature. I love just finding a piece of tarmac and blowing my engine or participating in some group donuts. Specially after a tough and or bad race!

Once chatbox, amount of laps, and server browser gets patched I don't think I'll go outside much this winter. What are you're favorite things?

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 05:09
What are you're favorite things?

Vastly improved general driving experience (handling, FFB, sound etc) and the fact that the known (to me) exploits that could be used in PC1 to go faster, are no more in PC2. Those were driving me crazy in PC1 and I did not have high hopes that they would be removed, but I am very happy to have been proved completely wrong.

sp3ctor
27-09-2017, 05:34
Personally, I race against a guy who is super fast but maybe on the edge of reality in PC1. He'd do things like inflate his tires all the way because it was faster or run his tires all the way down before he'd pit. It made me mental because I'm basically captain slow putting in clean laps and pitting for tires when it seems I need them. After testing for several hours every night since the release, this game feels harder and less forgiving of shenanigans like that. It is, indeed, frustrating because I feel like on the same tracks with the same cars I'm not as fast but... I have to remind myself that it's a new game and I haven't found the setups I like for *this game* so yeah, it's a learning curve. Super fun though. The weather stuff is finally really rad.

JDFSSS
27-09-2017, 06:06
I like the cooldown lap too. It's a nice relaxing way to transition from the end of the race rather than abruptly being thrown into the menus like you would see in most games.

Plato99
27-09-2017, 15:38
I love the slowdown lap too. Not quite stooped so low as to wave to the crowd though!!
It makes a nice end to the race, slowly working my way back to the pitlane. Would be nice to see Marshals in the pitlane guiding us back to the garages :D

JoshTheGeologist
27-09-2017, 15:43
Honestly this is so awesome, once chat boxes get ironed out I think it will be my favorite feature. I love just finding a piece of tarmac and blowing my engine or participating in some group donuts. Specially after a tough and or bad race!

Once chatbox, amount of laps, and server browser gets patched I don't think I'll go outside much this winter. What are you're favorite things?

I am also a huge fan of the cool down lap. Other things I love? I'm just happy about having rally and an expanded track roster. I have enjoyed a lot of the minor details of the game such as the ability to change windshield wiper speeds as well.

Ajvanho
27-09-2017, 15:52
Unless I skipped the feature somewhere, I wish open cockpits could wave the flag on the cooldown lap. Looking back at my accomplishments in a few years will suck without having some iconic moments to put in the videos.

sirio994
27-09-2017, 15:57
I love it. I hope they can patch the formation lap for standing starts too. Cool down lap is amazing to enjoy a great performance.

Formation laps are usefull. I don.t understand why they left them out of standing starts. I'm pretty sure we'll get it via patch.

I hate starting a race out of nothing. Expecially for standings starts when you go from a menu directly into the red lights...

chokito1982
27-09-2017, 16:03
I would love to see formation lap. To be honest, it would be amazing if before the race begins, we could care about breaks and tyres, like Formula 1.

donkey racer
27-09-2017, 16:13
i sit in me rig waving like the queen on my cool down lap :)

sirio994
27-09-2017, 16:16
I do that too. Like everyone i suppose. I knew it before the game came out. It's amazing how two simple features (formation and cool down laps) can change the feeling of immersion...

marcoma
27-09-2017, 17:02
this is the first thing I looked into when i started the game. glad its there :D

RacingAtHome
27-09-2017, 17:15
The cooldown lap is more awesome than I expected. After winning an exciting touring car race, I've done some doughnuts using reverse gear because FWD and it's awesome.

MiKeAhOwSkI
27-09-2017, 18:41
I enjoy it too. I like pulling beside someone I've had a good race with and give a virtual thumbs up! With the rift it feels convincing!

Flamaros
27-09-2017, 18:43
I love the slowdown lap too. Not quite stooped so low as to wave to the crowd though!!
It makes a nice end to the race, slowly working my way back to the pitlane. Would be nice to see Marshals in the pitlane guiding us back to the garages :D

Yes I love this lap too, but it mess some animations in the public, and pits, a podium,... Especially after a long race having few minutes to let us calm down is a good thing. I think that in career have a more animations around race like the cool down lap can improve his interest and make it more intense and immersive. Else doing races just straight forward is a little boring.

This is the good way SMS.

ATSS
27-09-2017, 19:03
Agree. One of the best new features. Love it!

PeteUplink
27-09-2017, 19:05
I like quite a lot of stuff about the game. Nothing that I pin down and say this is brilliant or that is great, but there's a lot of little things that come together to make the game pretty damned good. Just spoiled ever so slightly by a coupe of small annoyances.

Attackmack
27-09-2017, 19:08
Also love the cooldown! Ive found a difficulty that has me on the edge from start to finish so I get kind of ramped up during the race so when I pass the finish line and let the car slow down I often get a huge sigh of relief as I can start to calm down :)

Kind of the same feeling I get in iRacing, its great!

ImpliedConsent
27-09-2017, 20:41
I just tried it after reading this thread. WOW--So much stuff I miss when I race VR (Rift). How fun!

Azure Flare
27-09-2017, 21:10
Best part about having a cool down lap is if you win, you can do donuts.

ImpliedConsent
27-09-2017, 21:18
Best part about having a cool down lap is if you win, you can do donuts.
Well, there's my danged problem right there... I gotta win! :very_drunk: