PDA

View Full Version : FFB is Clipping My Hands Off

cretz
27-09-2017, 06:02
I am using a Fanatec ClubSport V2, firmware version 299 with ClubSport v3 pedals. My FFB settings are: raw, gain 90, volume 45 tone 50 fx 70, rest are default, wheel and pedals calibrated according to instructions in menu. Settings on wheel base are: sen 540, ff 80, rest are defaults.
In the video link I share below, I'm using the OEM setup on a Mercedes AMG S63 S on Laguna Seca. The problem is that when I get close to the soft steering lock, the game clips FFB a lot, and translates it into massive amount of force (sometimes in just the direction of the steer, other times violently oscillating left and right) pulling my arms and hurting my shoulder. This kind of jerk reactions are dangerous and they could be prevented from software.
You can tell when the FFB is going batty by the very sudden steering changes and massive FFB clipping in the telemetry bars.

https://youtu.be/GGBHBx2VSNY

pover74
27-09-2017, 08:51
I have the same setup as you pal and it's horrible on a expensive wheel like these should not be happening this day and age.can send people to the moon but can't get all the wheels right

pover74
27-09-2017, 08:53
Turn wheel sensitivity up and controller 1 I think should help

nonomnismoriar
27-09-2017, 09:14
Hello,

I have the same wheel but the v2 pedals.

My settings on the wheel are:
Sen: Aut, FF: 100, SHo: OFF, AbS: OFF, drI: OFF, For: 100, SPr: OFF, dPr: OFF

In game:
Raw
Gain 100
Volume 65
Tone 50
FSX 75

...and it runs perfect for me.

I think the Sensitivity on AUTO is important.
Hope that helps!

Greetings

Madwak55
27-09-2017, 09:24
Did you turn the SEN back to 108 when you calibrated the wheel or do it at 540?

Gsx31
27-09-2017, 16:10
I come from essayerAMG S63 S on Laguna Seca. I have the same probléme. Dice that I touch brakes, the steering wheel wants to tear away me arms.

Nevertheless I have G25 only

It is necessary to stop telling us that all the problems come from a bad regulation of the FFB.
I do not have the same steering wheel, nor the same regulations FFB and I have exactly the same problem ...

It is the same thing for these tracks which are smooth as mirrors on straight line.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53006-Too-many-tracks-smoother-than-a-mirror

I was told that that comes from my regulations of FFB but it is false. Several people we rolled above with different steering wheels of mine and with regulations of different FFB also, and they also find that the straight line is too smooth.

All the problems do not come from our quoted, but from the highly-rated of PCars 2 for many. Cars and circuits with defects

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 18:17
All the problems do not come from our quoted, but from the highly-rated of PCars 2 for many. Cars and circuits with defects

The smooth circuits are not bugs, they are just not scanned circuits. They are circuits that were carried over from Project CARS 1 and they were not scanned for PC1 (and not scanned for PC2). Only 1 circuit that was in PC1 and is in PC2 was updated with a scan.

As for the FFB, which is what this thread is for, what are your settings?

Gsx31
27-09-2017, 19:50
I give you my current regulations, but how give some explanation that when I test Mercedes AMG S63 S on Laguna Seca I have the same probléme that cretz with a steering wheel which wants to tear away you arms....

It has the Fanatec ClubSport V2
His parameter FFB is: crude earnings, gain 90, volume 45 tone 50 fx 70

I Logtech G25
You have my parameters FFB

Then explain I why we arrive all 2 at the same conclusions with 2 different steering wheels and different regulations FFB ?

I have a steering wheel G25

I can give you the regulations of the FFB at the moment, but I try many things.

https://i11.servimg.com/u/f11/14/91/95/04/ffb_pc10.jpg

I use of files Jack Spade
ffb_custom_settings - alt hi comp.txt

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 20:51
Does this happen on default FFB, i.e. without Jack Spade's files?

pover74
27-09-2017, 20:59
Hi pal just reading your post and which sensitivity have you got on auto please.would be nice if you could reply would appreciate it thanks

Gsx31
27-09-2017, 21:04
@ Mahjik Je tests that as soon as I am at my home.

@ Pover74 It is or the regulation of the sensibility dans PCars 2 ?

Gsx31
27-09-2017, 23:50
Hi pal just reading your post and which sensitivity have you got on auto please.would be nice if you could reply would appreciate it thanks 50

I found where from came the problem of Mercedes AMG S63 S the steering wheel of which tore away your hands from the braking.
It did not come from the FFB (Finally so a little because he stresses the effect) but of the ABS. When I deactivated ABS, I feel that I lock the wheels in the braking, the car pulls any right, but I do not feel anymore these violent effects on the steering wheel.

Now, the question is: do you think it is normal to have an ABS effect that is so brutal?

cretz
28-09-2017, 03:33
I figure out what the problem is. I had calibrated my wheel with menu spring force at default level. If menu spring level is > 0, then the spring effect will cancel out the soft lock the wheel provides when you set sen (degrees of rotation) to something less than max possible. Because of that and the fact that the wheel resists turning immediately, I easily managed to turn the wheel to the 900 degree corresponding left wheel lock. Because of that, it seems like a lot of the FFB effects were exaggerated, leading up to the violent jerking reactions close to the 540 degree wheel lock position. I disabled menu spring completely, calibrated the wheel again and now everything is working fine.
SMS, at least in the wheel calibration screen, you should disable all FFB effects. Preferably, you should just remove that option and prevent many mis-calibrations due to these issues.

Kebabfelix
28-09-2017, 06:25
Reduce FX

Gsx31
28-09-2017, 16:26
@ cretz I did what you said, and that destroyed me all the FFB ...

I wanted to recalibrate the steering wheel with the regulations of FFB defects, in 50, but I always had a no FFB. I even tried with a FFB 100, but I always had 0 effects of FFB on the track ...

I did manage to clean up everything by deleting the file Project CARS 2 in My Documents.

cretz
29-09-2017, 01:30
Yes, when you calibrate properly (without menu spring), the forces go down in intensity, but I much prefer that over yanking my arms off in tight corners. Add gain, volume, FX, strength from wheel settings until you get the balance you want (or can live with).