PDA

View Full Version : Please add Xbox One Controller Trigger Vibration on PC

Scott1904
27-09-2017, 06:59
Hello,

F1 2017 gives us as the first PC game the feature of Trigger vibration on PC. Why Project cars 2 dont use this possibility on PC?

ilikepc
11-11-2017, 00:47
Hello,

F1 2017 gives us as the first PC game the feature of Trigger vibration on PC. Why Project cars 2 dont use this possibility on PC?

Me too think that avoid rumble triggers is a bad idea from Microsoft. All people who own the controller has right to enjoy of this function on all platforms. I am very ungry for this because it is very inmersive for those play with gamepads.

Please rumble trigger for pc!!!

Cheesenium
11-11-2017, 02:26
It would be nice if PC gets rumble triggers. It does add a lot to the experience.

O-NO
11-11-2017, 09:28
Personally I find the rumble using the Xbox controller on PC very disappointing. On PC1 it's so much better.

Schumi-
11-11-2017, 10:15
Personally I find the rumble using the Xbox controller on PC very disappointing. On PC1 it's so much better.

I agree, i really hope they have or will address the issue, as an improvement really is needed on the rumble/vibration.

O-NO
11-11-2017, 10:29
I agree, i really hope they have or will address the issue, as an improvement really is needed on the rumble/vibration.

I hope they do too. I keep going back to PC1 and can't belive how much better the rumble is.

ATSS
11-11-2017, 12:07
Agree. Would be nice to have some feedback. In the f1 game it works lovely.

O-NO
12-11-2017, 09:28
Any Mod/Dev in a position to confirm this is being looked into or not?

V3nom
12-11-2017, 13:31
me too. Devs are you there?
Oh sorry my bad, Devs on this forum only reply when writting unconvenient trash

What is wrong with you? 2 posts in 2 minutes and both have some smart ass sarcasm in them. Didn't drink your coffee in the morning?

marts.sum
05-04-2018, 21:51
I'm getting a bit perplexed why this isn't being added to PC.

Even more so, I asked on the steam forums for them to add trigger rumble to TT Isle of Man game a few days ago. It just got patched in with the first patch today. Amazing. Please look into it!

Ashaz
05-04-2018, 23:20
A few months ago I posted a thread about the same thing. Didn't get any encouraging answers at all, but today I suddenly find that they have added rumble feedback for the tire grip!
It's not as detailed and informative as in RaceRoom, but still a HUGE improvement! I could shave seconds off my laptimes compared to before.
Awesome ninja update. Now if you could just polish it to be more detailed... ;)

marts.sum
07-04-2018, 14:09
A few months ago I posted a thread about the same thing. Didn't get any encouraging answers at all, but today I suddenly find that they have added rumble feedback for the tire grip!
It's not as detailed and informative as in RaceRoom, but still a HUGE improvement! I could shave seconds off my laptimes compared to before.
Awesome ninja update. Now if you could just polish it to be more detailed... ;)

Rumble feedback not on the triggers you mean? Yeah, rumble seems more pronounced. Still no triggers...

CSL-Drive
07-04-2018, 21:03
Haven't used the Xbox One controller in a while, but for months after PC2 release, the right thumbstick had a 50% deadzone on steering, that comes with the software of this game (pc2). I assume it's still there, has not been fixed, not noticed by the community either, because most people play with speed sensitivity limitation, which just requires left and right button and no steering sensitivity. Still a shame, as no one in the PC2 will ever find out how much fun it can be to drive without assists and speed sensitivity on the gamepad, because of the unchangable/unfixable 50% deadzone on the right thumbstick. If it were fixed, the experience of the simulation is actually wonderful on a gamepad, if all assists and speed sensitivity is turned off. The sensitive steering is what racing is all about, just as much as it is about sensitive throttle and braking. So I find it super weird that it still hasn't been fixed. In my eyes, it's like a formula 1 car with 3 wheels, doing winter testing, then complain in the practice that the downforce is not good enough, then complain about the grip on qualifying, all the way, the race is there, and still no one has noticed that the car only has 3 wheels. I honestly don't get it. As an optional feature, sure why not, power to freedom. But a 50% deadzone, unchangable, it sounds like a bug to me, yet it is normal appearantly.

Dwayne
15-04-2018, 20:38
Haven't used the Xbox One controller in a while, but for months after PC2 release, the right thumbstick had a 50% deadzone on steering, that comes with the software of this game (pc2). I assume it's still there, has not been fixed, not noticed by the community either, because most people play with speed sensitivity limitation, which just requires left and right button and no steering sensitivity. Still a shame, as no one in the PC2 will ever find out how much fun it can be to drive without assists and speed sensitivity on the gamepad, because of the unchangable/unfixable 50% deadzone on the right thumbstick. If it were fixed, the experience of the simulation is actually wonderful on a gamepad, if all assists and speed sensitivity is turned off. The sensitive steering is what racing is all about, just as much as it is about sensitive throttle and braking. So I find it super weird that it still hasn't been fixed. In my eyes, it's like a formula 1 car with 3 wheels, doing winter testing, then complain in the practice that the downforce is not good enough, then complain about the grip on qualifying, all the way, the race is there, and still no one has noticed that the car only has 3 wheels. I honestly don't get it. As an optional feature, sure why not, power to freedom. But a 50% deadzone, unchangable, it sounds like a bug to me, yet it is normal appearantly.On PC you can force the game to detect your gamepad as a wheel (see signature), which will make the steering response as fast/sensible as possible :(:D

If you fancy triggers rumbling set a value higher than 0 in the editor's rumble menu. If it's only that that you need then you don't even need to install the utility in the game folder. Just extract it somewhere, launch the editor and set the desired value (editor's rumble menu, see readme for further info). Then click on "Test Input/output".

Regarding the xbox one controller I know that it has additional motors on the triggers (I have a xbox 360 controller) but I'm not aware of any xinput API version that supports controlling more than two... On the xbox 360 since the motors are very close to the triggers it just feels that it comes from there anyway :rolleyes:

r4y30n
18-04-2018, 15:04
On the xbox 360 since the motors are very close to the triggers it just feels that it comes from there anyway :rolleyes:
There is a world of difference between that and actual trigger rumble. I'm pretty sure it was added specifically for the Forza series as it's amazing in those games, to the point that you have a better idea how much traction you have in the game than real life...

What I just noticed over the past few weeks is that rumble in PC2 tends to be on/off and only at one low frequency, most noticeable in RX. You hit the dirt (bump bump bump) get on the tarmac and it's gone, hit the dirt again (bump bump bump) but I can't recall if it's always been that way...