PDA

View Full Version : Should be able to download setups. Future feature?

Daley87
27-09-2017, 08:16
Was thinking, a couple of features that would be awesome for PCars 2.
Firstly, more leaderboard filters, being able to filter to exact class per track, even maybe exact car. Also being able to download setups for said cars and tracks, being able to just download setups via the leaderboard would be such an awesome feature. Forza had this back in Forza 3 so it's not exactly a brand new idea, come on SMS get this feature in.

Maximilliaan
27-09-2017, 08:40
You can use other peoples setups from the Time Trail leaderboard. Just add them as "Ghost". When you start the game, on the right there will be a yellow gear thing. Just press on the gear and it will load your ghost's setup. If you like it, save it:D

Filtering per class per track would be a nice future feature.

Daley87
27-09-2017, 09:43
Ah brilliant, thanks for that. Yes definitely need more filters for the subclasses.

Ex01
27-09-2017, 10:20
Was thinking, a couple of features that would be awesome for PCars 2.
Firstly, more leaderboard filters, being able to filter to exact class per track, even maybe exact car. Also being able to download setups for said cars and tracks, being able to just download setups via the leaderboard would be such an awesome feature. Forza had this back in Forza 3 so it's not exactly a brand new idea, come on SMS get this feature in.

You can use other peoples setups from the Time Trail leaderboard. Just add them as "Ghost". When you start the game, on the right there will be a yellow gear thing. Just press on the gear and it will load your ghost's setup. If you like it, save it:D

Didn't know that brilliant thanks.

D3vilDriver
27-09-2017, 10:31

Very interesting. Since I never spend hours to tune my cars, this could come in handy.
But I can see how frustrating it must be for someone who spend countless hours into fine tune their car to get on top of the board, just to be copied and not getting anything in return for their hard work.

Also the Time Trial Leaderboards are not specific enough. For example: Drove the Audi LMS (1:33ish) on the Red Bull Ring and I am in the same Board as the Toyota GT One from 1998 (1:25ish). Which is cleary a much faster and different car.

The Absolute Boy
27-09-2017, 10:47

Oh amazing, thank you.

Maximilliaan
27-09-2017, 10:54
Very interesting. Since I never spend hours to tune my cars, this could come in handy.
But I can see how frustrating it must be for someone who spend countless hours into fine tune their car to get on top of the board, just to be copied and not getting anything in return for their hard work.

Also the Time Trial Leaderboards are not specific enough. For example: Drove the Audi LMS (1:33ish) on the Red Bull Ring and I am in the same Board as the Toyota GT One from 1998 (1:25ish). Which is cleary a much faster and different car.

I think it's optional for players to share their setups, which in that case would be a big help for a lot of people, including me. It's very interesting to see what things they have changed and I think you can learn from that.
Also the setup which you have copied, the original maker of that setup will get the credits since his/her name will stay in the saved setup file (correct me if i'm wrong).

D3vilDriver
27-09-2017, 11:21
I think it's optional for players to share their setups, which in that case would be a big help for a lot of people, including me. It's very interesting to see what things they have changed and I think you can learn from that.
Also the setup which you have copied, the original maker of that setup will get the credits since his/her name will stay in the saved setup file (correct me if i'm wrong).

As I said. I am happy about it, since my tuning is very limited.
If the owner can decide to share it or not and get his name published with the time one posts, than everything is perfectly fine. :)

blinkngone
27-09-2017, 12:05
Cool, but how do you know who to share with? Do they send you a request? edit Nope, you can just "Take" someone's set up without their permission. I just tried this and crashed "bug splat" but it does appear that you don't need to do any work yourself, just wait for someone to spend their time tuning a car and when you see the "gear" beside the #1 slot on the leaderboard just load their ghost and take it. Why bother learning all the set up parameters or waste "your" more valuable time testing the interactions of each adjustment. Let someone else do everything, maybe there will be a "feature" where they can drive for you as well.;)

zzz_pt
27-09-2017, 12:53
Cool, but how do you know who to share with? Do they send you a request? edit Nope, you can just "Take" someone's set up without their permission. I just tried this and crashed "bug splat" but it does appear that you don't need to do any work yourself, just wait for someone to spend their time tuning a car and when you see the "gear" beside the #1 slot on the leaderboard just load their ghost and take it. Why bother learning all the set up parameters or waste "your" more valuable time testing the interactions of each adjustment. Let someone else do everything, maybe there will be a "feature" where they can drive for you as well.;)

I get what you're saying but you can't do anything relevant with the best setup in the world if you don't know how to drive / handle a car on its limits. On the other hand, if someone beats you with your own setup, that's a sign that you probably need to improve your driving skills.

One of the reasons I like to race with stock/same setups for everyone in the lobby is exactly that. Because I don't have time to test cars and find tenths (I know how to improve a setup but can't bother to find the "perfect setup"). I prefer to drive the cars and improve other aspects (lines, braking points, where to overtake, etc). All of these are visible when you see the gost, why wouldn't the setup be too? Is the driving line and breaking points less important? Lot's of people think these are obvious but they're not, imo.

blinkngone
27-09-2017, 13:37
Ok, then the game becomes nothing more than a continuing reset of the default set ups to the latest #1 set up. So only your choice about what is important becomes relevant because it's all about the driving to you and other driving only people, fine. And yes the driving line and braking points are obviously less important than a good set up if you can drive at all which is why you see huge gaps between tuned and default. The game will become cup racing and god forbid IROC where drivers go around in identically prepared cars. Don't misunderstand me, on pc I have been willing to share my setups and this definitely makes it easier since there is no longer a summary page to share, posting multiple setup pages in a thread is a pain so I like this part. I just don't like the arbitrary taking of work done by others and I'm not sure the really good tuning people are going to buy into this, an option/choice to share setups would be fair.

zzz_pt
27-09-2017, 13:52
Ok, then the game becomes nothing more than a continuing reset of the default set ups to the latest #1 set up. So only your choice about what is important becomes relevant because it's all about the driving to you and other driving only people, fine. And yes the driving line and braking points are obviously less important than a good set up if you can drive at all which is why you see huge gaps between tuned and default. The game will become cup racing and god forbid IROC where drivers go around in identically prepared cars. Don't misunderstand me, on pc I have been willing to share my setups and this definitely makes it easier since there is no longer a summary page to share, posting multiple setup pages in a thread is a pain so I like this part. I just don't like the arbitrary taking of work done by others and I'm not sure the really good tuning people are going to buy into this, an option/choice to share setups would be fair.

Wouldn't you say that it is more likely that the gap is so apparent because good drivers tend to know how to setup their cars? I think the people who don't tune their cars at all are also likely to be slower.

On you last sentence, I agree. An option wouldn't hurt anyone. Also, no #1 in the world would take full credit if he was using a setup made by another person imo. It's good that the setup keep its original name's creator.

blinkngone
27-09-2017, 14:09
Nope, I am also talking about setting up a car for myself. For example the AMG GT3 at Dubai National default set up doesn't work so by changing the set up I can improve by over 2 seconds and I am still the same crappy driver I always am, just faster with a better set up.:D Some people don't like the AM Vulcan either but by changing the set up it is manageable.
AMG GT3 Dubai National, I started in the 58's, miserable, but after numerous attempts improved.

Oh, I don't see anywhere where the person gets credit for a tune, no column on the leaderboard I can see, so take what you want free from guilt.

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 21:58
I think there's one more aspect to this. I really like this feature of making the TT setups available, because in almost every racing game, people can use exploits of the car setups, setting certain items to completely unrealistic values that actually make you go faster. I had been using such exploits in PCARS1 myself, the ones I had read of in the forums or seen in peoples' setups in youtube. Not happy about that, but there was no other way to be competitive. And that always makes you wonder if a perfect lap time in the leaderboards is indeed just perfect driving only, or is it also due to exploiting some feature?

Well, now that setups are available, this is completely transparent, everybody can see how a perfect lap time has been achieved. Most of the cases it will be simply up to perfect driving, but if it's also up to exploits, this can be visible to all. So everybody else can use the same trick to make it fair, or even better, SMS can diagnose such tricks and disallow them a lot more easily. Btw, as I said also in another thread, from what I've seen so far the PC1 exploits that I know of have been removed in PC2, so that's a very good thing as well.

sp3ctor
27-09-2017, 23:52
It would be nice to be able to export a setup and be able to send it to a friend... or be able to send a setup to a person in an online race. I frequently race with a friend online and we (sometimes) help each other with setups by reading the numbers to one another. I'd be willing to bet that the setup is some sort of xml file somewhere or could easily be exported into one. Just a thought.

blinkngone
28-09-2017, 00:43
sp3ctor just use the TT, your friend can use your set up and vice versa no need to send anything. Be careful though, there are issues with the setups and sometimes you could get an incorrect set up when you share. If you are going to share make sure that you have your correct set up for that specific track otherwise you might be sending him a set up for different track you recently ran. The saved set ups will be fixed in an update(?) so just verify each others set ups. Example, I ran an R8 at Coyote Noose and then went back to Dubai and couldn't drive very well and sure enough the set up from Coyote followed me Dubai and loaded up, sheesh.

hkraft300
28-09-2017, 01:56
It would be nice to be able to export a setup and be able to send it to a friend... or be able to send a setup to a person in an online race. I frequently race with a friend online and we (sometimes) help each other with setups by reading the numbers to one another. I'd be willing to bet that the setup is some sort of xml file somewhere or could easily be exported into one. Just a thought.

There is a setup share feature.
I can select a setup and choose which players in the lobby I can share the setup with. Then, they will be notified and have the choice of loading that setup, or using their existing tune.

Scottishdude00
02-10-2017, 20:39

Well for someone who is new to the series and unfamiliar with setups for now im glad they are doing this and i think there will be competition between those with the best tunes and it also gets the top drivers/tuners names out there .