PDA

View Full Version : Bug repport - Low safety ranked players able to join high ranked

takaii
27-09-2017, 08:46
In online ranked matches.

- I set up a limit like E1000

- The lobby are being joined by lower ranked players that dont match both criteria together.
example player A - U1300, Player B - F1401 is in race and dont match safety rank E.

I give a last night example. i put up a D100 limit but one U1500 rank driver manage to join.
We were two players in. No one invited him.
Yes he had over 100 but he didnt meet the safety rank criteria.

takaii
27-09-2017, 11:50
I want to add. I quote from their own page: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html?lang=en

"
For instance, the lobby can specify drivers of any skill level are eligible to join, but their safety rank must meet certain basic standards: This will ensure that drivers of all abilities (pace-wise) will be permitted to join (up to the lobby host’s own skill rating), but drivers who have a low safety rank will be barred.
"

So its defently a bug. Set safety ranking must be minimum, they shouldnt be able to join but they do. How do you repport bugs? Do you write here or how?

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 11:54
Yes, Bug Reporting Here is fine.

There is a Bug where the License shows wrong Safety Ranking in some Menu. Perhaps it's tied to this...

Can you Please make a Screenshot the next Time it happens? Thanks....

takaii
27-09-2017, 12:17
Yes, Bug Reporting Here is fine.

There is a Bug where the License shows wrong Safety Ranking in some Menu. Perhaps it's tied to this...

Can you Please make a Screenshot the next Time it happens? Thanks....

I just entered a competition. This time its skill level that is to low.
Right safety rank but skill level to low yet has entered.

I did some cutting on this pic to make it smaller and easer to see. The green is the set limit and red is the driver with to low skill ranks. Also drivers with to low safety rank can join

takaii
27-09-2017, 12:19
Ill make another screenshot when there is to low safety ranked drivers in. My friend bought the game yesterday. Joined me in a D-ranked match while himself is U ranked starter.
I dont know if its all related but i do know he had too low safety rank: We did this only to test it out.

takaii
27-09-2017, 13:50
Screenshot the next Time it happens? Thanks....
here is a U driver in F.

drathuu
27-09-2017, 13:55
People in server can invite lower ranked people to the server.. (cant join yourself i beleive) however others can invite you.

It is in a multiplayer bug list we have logged in WMD.

takaii
27-09-2017, 14:17
People in server can invite lower ranked people to the server.. (cant join yourself i beleive) however others can invite you.

It is in a multiplayer bug list we have logged in WMD.

Me and a friend had a made a server to play. D rank. No one invited anybody yet a U ranked player jumped in... So seems they can jump in as well.
Great that it will be fixed! Thanks

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 01:21
Me and a friend had a made a server to play. D rank. No one invited anybody yet a U ranked player jumped in... So seems they can jump in as well.
Great that it will be fixed! Thanks

Yeap, happened to me a few times as well. At one point yesterday we were 2 people in a D server, somebody with U of F ranking joined and left after 10 seconds. None of us had invited him though.

takaii
28-09-2017, 12:42
Yeap, happened to me a few times as well. At one point yesterday we were 2 people in a D server, somebody with U of F ranking joined and left after 10 seconds. None of us had invited him though.

Dude its me "Naaajs" on steam it was you whom i refeered to! Haha! Funny you found me here you just confirmed me without you knowing it being me lol :)

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 14:24
Dude its me "Naaajs" on steam it was you whom i refeered to! Haha! Funny you found me here you just confirmed me without you knowing it being me lol :)

That was funny :)
Anyway, yes, it's currently possible for people with low safety ranking to join higher ranked servers, this happened again to me later the same day.

takaii
28-09-2017, 20:02
LOL seriously! I started a D1000 rank server. Me and a friend and someone else who joined race all had D rank and raced on oulton park. Only the three of us.
Then next race I changed to Spa. We had 30 min qualify time hoping other D rank safe drivers or higher would enter.
There came players and they were not Minimum safety rank D. All had F or U.

Player 4-12 were all U and F rank player. Player 1 and 3 had D rank and me B rank.

When will filter restriction be fixed? This was the big feature promised clean race! I was admin so i kicked everybody except us in lobby before race.
But seriously fix this bug! No one was invited bug us three.

Infinite
28-09-2017, 21:44
I can confirm this is happening and is quite annoying. The system seems to be working fine but if we dont have at the moment public events diveded by licenses we need to fix this ASAP in order to have a proper multiplayer expirience

ironik
28-09-2017, 21:50
I'm quite sure SMS got the point. Thanks for reporting it. :)

ramm21
28-09-2017, 22:01
maybe this is related. Sometimes I come into the multiplayer lobbies and my rank shows up as "U"

I go out into the main lobby and it says I'm at "D" which is correct. I go back into the MP lobby and now my rank shows up correctly as a "D" instead of "U"

When it incorrectly states "U" I can still join lobbies that are F+, so its only a visual thing for me.

Also its fun because my flag changes everytime. I was Australian last night! And a British lad the night before last!

takaii
28-09-2017, 22:13
maybe this is related. Sometimes I come into the multiplayer lobbies and my rank shows up as "U"

I go out into the main lobby and it says I'm at "D" which is correct. I go back into the MP lobby and now my rank shows up correctly as a "D" instead of "U"

When it incorrectly states "U" I can still join lobbies that are F+, so its only a visual thing for me.

Also its fun because my flag changes everytime. I was Australian last night! And a British lad the night before last!

Not really in this case. I even talked to players in game that said they could join and didnt even know how the rankins system worked since they were new players. Lol but yeah ive noticed the update issue with ranks but it solves out comming in race. So its actuallly another bug you are experiencing

ironik
29-09-2017, 07:25

I think it's just an UI glitch.

dam09fr
29-09-2017, 10:49
There is a know issue : "The GUI Updating was inconsistent"
Maybe it can be related to this ?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53376-Competitive-licence-wrong-letter-displayed

takaii
29-09-2017, 11:47
There is a know issue : "The GUI Updating was inconsistent"
Maybe it can be related to this ?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53376-Competitive-licence-wrong-letter-displayed

Thats a GUI bug. Not the same thing. Another issue. read thread
As i had D1000 rank setup there was a driver whom was driving for the first time as i had a chat with him
and he explained he was new yet he was able to join among other low ranked drivers.

So this is not the GUI bug its an entire different bug that makes low ranked drivers to drop in to higher ranked

not only are too low safety rank players able to join but also players with too low skill rank.
There is no known GUI bug related to safety rank. This picture displays a driver joined us with to low skill rank as well. Easer follow a thread if you read the entire thread :)

Lord_Flexington
02-10-2017, 12:45
Thats a GUI bug. Not the same thing. Another issue. read thread
As i had D1000 rank setup there was a driver whom was driving for the first time as i had a chat with him
and he explained he was new yet he was able to join among other low ranked drivers.

So this is not the GUI bug its an entire different bug that makes low ranked drivers to drop in to higher ranked

not only are too low safety rank players able to join but also players with too low skill rank.
There is no known GUI bug related to safety rank. This picture displays a driver joined us with to low skill rank as well. Easer follow a thread if you read the entire thread :)

in your instance Im pretty sure they qualify. the lower the number the higher your rank. 100 is better than 1000. If anything najass shouldn't be allowed to join (right??)

Fight-Test
02-10-2017, 14:03
in your instance Im pretty sure they qualify. the lower the number the higher your rank. 100 is better than 1000. If anything najass shouldn't be allowed to join (right??)

I thought 100 was the worst rating

Maurice Boeschen
02-10-2017, 14:23

Thats wrong. 100 is the worst ranking you can get, 5000 is best. The higher that number the more skilled you are and the lower that number is the more you drive like a a grandma. :D

But back to topic: yesterday I competed in the GM stream and he set the license minimum to D1000. But still E and F ranked playern were able to join..