PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] Jagged shadows and strange trees

Mariangello
27-09-2017, 09:10
Hello friends, is there any way to fix jagged shadows problem? I play on ULTRA 1080p with MSAA High settings... And trees in the distance on some tracks look like painted and pixelated... It does not look so natural...It's possible to fix it somehow please?

Madwak55
27-09-2017, 09:14
Keep your eyes on the track :) ?

koly
27-09-2017, 10:39
same

MISTER WU
27-09-2017, 22:24
Hello friends, is there any way to fix jagged shadows problem? I play on ULTRA 1080p with MSAA High settings... And trees in the distance on some tracks look like painted and pixelated... It does not look so natural...It's possible to fix it somehow please?

i also get the same issue but in pcars1 i used to run shadows on low and that would make them look a little fuzzy so would look good after dropping it to ow but in pcars2 using low doesnt appear to actually make them low because they still look jaggy and on ultra?

Ohh i see koly is here, any mods for pcars2 koly?

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 02:22
Is it oversaturation problem, very little gradation in shades, ink black shadows, plus things get quite blurry as soon as they move slightly further, looks like LOD problem.
Any way to sharpen it?
Everything on Ultra, 4K.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:24

Can you try disabling MSAA, enable SMAA HIGH (from post aa config) AND also Supersampling in MED. If this is too much for your hardware, used SMAA MED and SuperSampling LOW.

Can you try and report back?

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 03:06
Aha, MSAA is the problem. Even Supersampling alone on Low looks tons better than MSAA on High or Ultra.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 03:09
Aha, MSAA is the problem. Even Supersampling alone on Low looks tons better than MSAA on High or Ultra.

;) Is a matter of personal preference. I personally don't like MSAA that much. Supersampling looks great and SMAA smooths things out with little impact in GPU. Thats why I like it

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 04:51
And thanks again, man. Really tired of squinting my eyes trying to focus on something that is blurry in the distance.
Should be in sticky.
BTW, don't need SMAA at all, at least on 4K, supersampling alone is more than enough, in fact looks better and sharper without any PP antialiasing, no jaggies either.

Mariangello
28-09-2017, 07:23
Can you try disabling MSAA, enable SMAA HIGH (from post aa config) AND also Supersampling in MED. If this is too much for your hardware, used SMAA MED and SuperSampling LOW.

Can you try and report back?

Yes, It is better but now I have framerate drop in replays as I wrote in other thread/Framerate-drop-in-replay

Andrew_WOT
28-09-2017, 14:35
Supersampling is harder on GPU and replays are more tasking. Try just Supersamling on LOW alone w/o SMAA or any PP AA.