PDA

View Full Version : Online races - I can't see the point in even trying

NeilsOnWheels
27-09-2017, 09:49
OK, I'm venting, but so far my online experience has been a complete waste of time due to the childish behavior of other drivers.
Every race I start ends by the first or second corner by deliberate ramming and shunting, just like every other multiplayer racer with the exception of iRacing.

I know a rating system is on the way. It better be good.

Neil

fostrike
27-09-2017, 09:51
So.. did you buy PC2 for the career mode? good luck with that

CodeCmdr
27-09-2017, 10:18
You have to change your strategy from trying to be 1st to trying to finish without incidents, if you're racing with random U-rated players.

Once you're F+, pick F+ races and it should be cleaner.

Roger Prynne
27-09-2017, 10:28
OK, I'm venting, but so far my online experience has been a complete waste of time due to the childish behavior of other drivers.
Every race I start ends by the first or second corner by deliberate ramming and shunting, just like every other multiplayer racer with the exception of iRacing.

I know a rating system is on the way. It better be good.

Neil

It's already in place mate.

Einarial
27-09-2017, 10:51
I had some really good races today after a less good start a few days ago.

Once you get bigger fields, unless everyone is experienced, it's going to be messy.

But I think once the ratings system starts to wind up after people get more races beneath their belt then it'll be much better - provided you're racing cleanly yourself.

nemo06
27-09-2017, 10:57
You have to change your strategy from trying to be 1st to trying to finish without incidents, if you're racing with random U-rated players.

Once you're F+, pick F+ races and it should be cleaner.

But so everyone will try to be last to avoid accidents :)

whip
27-09-2017, 11:01
every games has some dodgy races

AC public servers are horendous and i racing mazda cup can sometimes be a crapper

ironik
27-09-2017, 11:11

If everyone is trying to be last, you'll race with cautious drivers then ;)

Krus Control
27-09-2017, 12:41
I have to say that the drivers I've run into in PCARS 2 have been the most childish, nightmarish, line crossing group I've ever raced with in any game. It's like the hype for this game stirred up the sediment in the community and now the general attitude online is essentially axe murder. It's pretty rough at the moment out in the feral public lobbies.

But, having said that, also this online rating system has provided some leverage in the mayhem and provided me with hands down the best racing I've ever done. It's definitely both sides of the coin right now. But if you get your safety rating to like D or C and race with people like that then you can have a great time. The big thing is being able to spot people you want to avoid. Like if you see a lobby with some F1121 and U1230 get TF out of there.

solocapers
27-09-2017, 13:23
My best advice is to hold back at the start.. Sure you wont be in the leading pack but you are more likely to be able to climb back up the field when the newer drivers who dont know the braking points (remember not everyone is experienced) and the rammers inevitably go off track.

Focus on building your rep first then go for the win once you can lock out U and F rank racers..

NeilsOnWheels
27-09-2017, 20:22
Thanks for the advice everyone. Yes, the obvious tactic is to stay at the back of the field for the start, that's what I generally do. I'm going to stick with it and see how it pans out. The game is great and has a lot of potential.

That Dude There
28-09-2017, 00:27
I was in an oval race in an indy car, and right at the start I got rammed and flipped in the air. In another race I was in a very slow begginer car, and it was almost like a demolition derby. Other than being slower than everyone I've lost points in every race. This is me trying to take it easy and build my rating. Not sure where to go from here.

Mr.Smoke
28-09-2017, 00:44
I had my rating drop at the start due to rammers and people cutting directly on to the track after spinning out, usually as Im trying to lap them towards the end of a race.

After getting 10+ clean races in a row under my belt, with many being podium finishes, my rating is now up to a D and my skill is back above 1500.

My tactic is to be one of the fastest guys on the track and put distance between me and the mayhem. So far its worked out well, but obviously wont always be the case. I try avoid lobbies with low rated players though which helps, or running private lobbies with my friend and a few AI thrown in the mix.

ramm21
28-09-2017, 05:35
Thanks for the advice everyone. Yes, the obvious tactic is to stay at the back of the field for the start, that's what I generally do. I'm going to stick with it and see how it pans out. The game is great and has a lot of potential.

You can use defensive strategies from the front as well. For example just take the inside line and dont worry about trying to brake outside and swing in towards the apex. When you come in from the outside into turn one, somebody is going to lay a bumper on your door like 99% of the time. What I do a lot is just get on the inside and try to get past turn one as quickly as I can. Most people are trying to get outside and swing towards the apex, and thats where a lot of wrecks are. When you brake on the inside, you will be going slow into turn one, but thats a good thing- if you do happen to get rammed its better to happen at a lower speed.

Most of the time I avoid turn one mayhem doing this when starting from the front. Every once in a while someone will squirt through on the outside and overtake you. But its better to lose a spot or two at the beginning than get rammed off track and lose 15 spots

That Dude There
29-09-2017, 19:52
I was in an oval race in an indy car, and right at the start I got rammed and flipped in the air. In another race I was in a very slow begginer car, and it was almost like a demolition derby. Other than being slower than everyone I've lost points in every race. This is me trying to take it easy and build my rating. Not sure where to go from here.

I ranked up to F! A good tip for anyone still struggling is to race at Brno in a slow car like the KTM X-bow. Brno is a nice smooth track without the unnatural sharp u-turns. The only thing about that car is it wants to jerk when downshifting and hitting the gas in a turn. I tend to downshift and hit the gas BEFORE the turn and it worked ok. I'm not sure though how to tell who is a person, and who is a computer. Can anyone tell me how to know?

After trying the X-bow, I raced the Honda Indy, and it is awesome.

slowGamer
30-09-2017, 01:16

Like in real racing to finish first first you have to finish. it's like club racing of the worst kind ;)

That Dude There
30-09-2017, 01:59
Like in real racing to finish first first you have to finish. it's like club racing of the worst kind ;)

You know everyone is saying it is just until you rank out of U.

That Dude There
30-09-2017, 01:59
Just takes a few races

Slawomir Wiszczor
30-09-2017, 07:32
Stay away from any servers with fast cars and U rating. There is a big chance of carnage at the start as unexperienced drivers dont know how to drive this cars. It is better to join GT5 race on something like Silverstone Classic and the race is usually much clean.

senna94f1
30-09-2017, 07:46
I have to say that the drivers I've run into in PCARS 2 have been the most childish, nightmarish, line crossing group I've ever raced with in any game. It's like the hype for this game stirred up the sediment in the community and now the general attitude online is essentially axe murder. It's pretty rough at the moment out in the feral public lobbies.

But, having said that, also this online rating system has provided some leverage in the mayhem and provided me with hands down the best racing I've ever done. It's definitely both sides of the coin right now. But if you get your safety rating to like D or C and race with people like that then you can have a great time. The big thing is being able to spot people you want to avoid. Like if you see a lobby with some F1121 and U1230 get TF out of there.

It's why I rather race online in leagues or with people I know,it's also why I have 200 friends on my ps4 and most of them only race ,so I always have a clean fast decent group of people to race with. Open lobby's are really only there for me to find who is fast and clean ,and then I friend request the fast and clean people,it's pretty simple for me ,hope that's helps as we race ac and f12017

ShimonART
30-09-2017, 09:07
i find that people just don't care about the rating and the races are as dull as assetto corsa where every server is the same gt3 monza\spa.

drathuu
30-09-2017, 09:19
Racing most nights with 8-10 leugue members, ranking up.. we didnt use a password on the server last night (We are all D), and we got some decent D driviers in.. (Much cleaner).. Joining a leugue can help as they are generally in it to race cleanly.. albeit we still have some misshaps.

I think its around 3 clean races to F, (about) 6 to E.. (not sure on exact number).. and 12 to D.. So youll have to try and keep outa trouble.