PDA

View Full Version : real world race distances?

PeteUplink
27-09-2017, 10:07
Does anyone know of a good resource for accurate race distances for multiple categories? I want to create a series of online races for some friends and I and I'd like them to be run across accurate race distances.

For example are GT races still run as 3 hour endurance events, or is it based off number off laps now? What's the average distance of a BTCC or other touring car event?

Could the game be patched to include a "recommended distance" for custom events?

Zenzic
27-09-2017, 10:13
The official websites of any series you're interested in should provide you with plenty of information. For Blancpain GT races for instance you can find the entire rules and regulations document online, as well as detailed event timetables for each specific race.

AbeWoz
27-09-2017, 10:44
IMSA CTSC races are generally 120 minutes. IMSA WTSC races are 2h 40m unless its the Daytona 24h, Sebring 12h, 6h Watkins Glen, or Petite Le Mans (10h). FIA WEC run 6h races with the exception of Le Mans (24h).

Blancpain GT Sprint races are 1h. Endurance races are 3. Spa is a 24h event.

Pirelli WC run 1h sprint races. Usually 2 per weekend.

But as Zenzic said, most series will post all their info on their websites.

PeteUplink
27-09-2017, 14:21
Thanks!

I actually found a good way to find the race distances is to look for videos on YouTube of the race series I'm interested in. Guess I should have done that before posting. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1YIu3F7oow

IJerichoI
27-09-2017, 14:27
Well, rule of thumb from me based on experience:

GT - 1h, two races per weekend // 3h if you want a bit more
LMP - 6h for the real thing, virtually I'd go from 2-3 h
TC - they mostly have 2 short sprint races - 60-75km, so mostly between 11 and 13 laps per race // you can also go for a sprint race of 50 and a main race of 80 or 100km.
Cup series - like Carrera Cup, these are mostly around 30-40 minutes
vintage series - they also run 30-60 minutes, maybe 3h for endurance events
F1 - goes 300km, so 55-75 laps depending on the track