PDA

View Full Version : Q&A - About safety rating and skill rating

takaii
27-09-2017, 12:06
You start with U1500

Safety rating.
What i know...
The letter represents The Safety Rating.
The U from U1500 stands for unrated. Meaning you are fresh no received safety ranking yet.
After that it goes in this order
F-E-D-C-B-A and Last S.

Obvious causes that lower safety rank.
Crashing into other drivers during race.

Questions i have. (no other cars involved)
If i do a slide loose grip and the cars spin out of controll.. Does this impact safety rating?
Drives off road by going into to high speed in corner. Does this impact safety rating?
Driving into wall by misstake. Does that impact safety rating?
Does safety ranking being affected by misstakes during qualification?

Skill rating.
Its your driving skills. What skill rating you have you see after the safety ranking.
Example. if you got rating : U1500. We know U is the safety rating but the numbers
1500 is your Skill rating.

You will get higher skill rating by beating drivers with higher skill rating then you.
Also high placement will also give you Skillrating scores.

Its the opposite if you get beaten by worse drivers and getting low position.

WARNING If your computer crash or you leave race you loose 50 skill points.
According to people in this forum its because if someone leave a race they dont get the score from beating you. If everybody
leaves they get 0 points by winning themselves.

Q: Beating more drivers during a race have bigger impact on skill rating then 2 person race?
Is there other ways to improve skill rating?
Is there other things than what i wrote that can lower skill rating?
Does winning pole position during qualification give you skillpoints?

Please ask as many questions as you all wanna know. Lets fill in all doubts.
I will edit and add information from questions being anwsered by others

takaii
27-09-2017, 12:06
Please anwser questions i asked or others also add information that you see is missing. i will edit my post and add that in

fostrike
27-09-2017, 14:47
Just by writing this post you will lower your skill rating.

takaii
28-09-2017, 14:31
Just by writing this post you will lower your skill rating.

Lol help out instead off trying so hard to be a dick! But i must admit it was pretty funny
The point system isnt clear

Minolin
28-09-2017, 17:03
bah don't listen. This is going to be the #1 thread to learn about the system(s).

Unfortunately I can't contribute any facts here, as we indeed know very little how the whole stuff works under the hood. But I can do some educated guesses, and maybe we can catch an official confirmation/correction or two?

About the performance rating: I have the strong feeling that SMS did it very much like minorating. This feature was abandoned, but still quite successful and well working (so I consider SMS' way as pretty good).
Technically it took the final leaderboard after a race, and simulated a 1 vs. 1 "chess" match between ever driver pair. The sum of each driver's results is the final delta on his rating for his race. Leaving, DNF and similar will be rewarded just like IRL - end of the leaderboard (which is 100% correct, regardless if it's always fair).
There is an explanation with example on mr.com:

http://www.minorating.com/PerformanceRating

About the safety rating: Like you already stated crashes will decrease your safety rank. Technically SMS most probably uses two different kinds of points: Good and bad. Then (I guess) they are combined either multiplied/divided, or added/substracted (don't think so). With the time we (hopefully) will learn what bad points are, currently I'd like to think it is every gray popup-signal (like contact, cut, pit exit line crossing), but for sure with different amplitudes.

The good points can be corners (iRacing), time, distance, or something else which represents "oppertunity to get bad points". In an easy approach you could simply say good/bad = X, and set different thresholds for a mapping from X to safety rank (like <1.1 = U, < 1.7 = F, ...). Of course you could also give minimum "good" requirements for higher ranks, e.g. you need to drive 500km before you can be C, and 1000km before you can achieve B (even if you have 0 bad points). I'm a bit confused because some people stated they achieved U->C in one(!) race, which doesn't exactly meet my expectations.
What is this talk good for? Well, if SMS won't tell me what the good points are for I need to figure it out for myself (and I'm sure many of you want to know as well). Beware, this is a red pill: If the system is at least ok, you'll have more fun not knowing what exactly the system wants to see. Just drive and do well, otherwise you'll feel the need to please the system instead of just racing and have fun.
To be honest, this figuring-out didn't work well so far, I can't tell anything. Minorating uses distances driven, but also dependent on the distance to the next car (=my best take on "oppertunity to make bad points"). So far I'm not confident PC2 does it similar. Hopefully they didn't pick overtakes.

takaii
28-09-2017, 20:05
bah don't listen. This is going to be the #1 thread to learn about the system(s).

Unfortunately I can't contribute any facts here, as we indeed know very little how the whole stuff works under the hood. But I can do some educated guesses, and maybe we can catch an official confirmation/correction or two?

About the performance rating: I have the strong feeling that SMS did it very much like minorating. This feature was abandoned, but still quite successful and well working (so I consider SMS' way as pretty good).
Technically it took the final leaderboard after a race, and simulated a 1 vs. 1 "chess" match between ever driver pair. The sum of each driver's results is the final delta on his rating for his race. Leaving, DNF and similar will be rewarded just like IRL - end of the leaderboard (which is 100% correct, regardless if it's always fair).
There is an explanation with example on mr.com:

http://www.minorating.com/PerformanceRating

About the safety rating: Like you already stated crashes will decrease your safety rank. Technically SMS most probably uses two different kinds of points: Good and bad. Then (I guess) they are combined either multiplied/divided, or added/substracted (don't think so). With the time we (hopefully) will learn what bad points are, currently I'd like to think it is every gray popup-signal (like contact, cut, pit exit line crossing), but for sure with different amplitudes.

The good points can be corners (iRacing), time, distance, or something else which represents "oppertunity to get bad points". In an easy approach you could simply say good/bad = X, and set different thresholds for a mapping from X to safety rank (like <1.1 = U, < 1.7 = F, ...). Of course you could also give minimum "good" requirements for higher ranks, e.g. you need to drive 500km before you can be C, and 1000km before you can achieve B (even if you have 0 bad points). I'm a bit confused because some people stated they achieved U->C in one(!) race, which doesn't exactly meet my expectations.
What is this talk good for? Well, if SMS won't tell me what the good points are for I need to figure it out for myself (and I'm sure many of you want to know as well). Beware, this is a red pill: If the system is at least ok, you'll have more fun not knowing what exactly the system wants to see. Just drive and do well, otherwise you'll feel the need to please the system instead of just racing and have fun.
To be honest, this figuring-out didn't work well so far, I can't tell anything. Minorating uses distances driven, but also dependent on the distance to the next car (=my best take on "oppertunity to make bad points"). So far I'm not confident PC2 does it similar. Hopefully they didn't pick overtakes.

Thanks for this very dedicated anwser! Really enjoyed reading it! yeah can someone come in edit my post off the admins or add information! There is very little and stuff needs to be confirmed