PDA

View Full Version : Trading Paints for PC2 needed

Rob Olejniczak
27-09-2017, 12:08
For custom paint liveries to be truly useful PC2 needs to have something similar to how iRacing uses Trading Paints. Multi-player would be so much better if everyone could see each other's custom paints. tradingpaints.com

Trading paints is a separate custom paint scheme engine for iRacing. Pretty much everyone on iRacing uses Trading Paints, because it's easy, free, and just works 99% of the time. There is a paid pro version too, but it isn't needed for most people.

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 12:34
Hi Rob, I don't think that would be able to be added in post-release due to the changes required to accommodate that.

Hopefully for PCARS 3 though :)

R74NN
27-09-2017, 12:53
Is there a way how to make other cars in the lobby use and see their custom liveries? I mean manually copy respective skins somewhere on the disk on my computer or something?

Rob Olejniczak
27-09-2017, 13:00
Hi Rob, I don't think that would be able to be added in post-release due to the changes required to accommodate that.

Hopefully for PCARS 3 though :)

Hi Morgan, are you saying that SMS won't be implementing it, or it wouldn't be possible to build an app for it with the API?

clanky
27-09-2017, 16:42
Hi Morgan, are you saying that SMS won't be implementing it, or it wouldn't be possible to build an app for it with the API?

+1 to this question. I love Trading Paints wish PC2 would/could/should/might use it?

CynicalSaint
27-09-2017, 21:05
I think the key difference is that IRacing paint naming schemes include your account number. Trading paints can query the server for all acct numbers, and send you paints for them. Naming scheme in PCars 2 is just custom livery, nothing for trading paints to query.

R74NN
27-09-2017, 21:33
PC2 API could return Steam IDs for all participants and the app could get liveries for them from server (before they are loaded by the game). All what matters is if PC2 has system for loading opponents custom liveries in place and returns mentioned IDs.

Morgan Henstridge
28-09-2017, 00:19

My understanding from my old iracing days was that Trading Paints downloaded custom liveries for Everyone who had a livery uploaded in that series, and when you race them you see their livery on all PCs.

PCARS 2 supports the Custom Livery for the player. To have something like Trading Paints, there would need to be custom livery support for ALL vehicles in the race, not just the players vehicle. The Custom Livery files we have now are just named for the vehicle with no unique identifier for the player, which would also likely need to be changed for this to work.

These changes would likely be too big to be patched in post release.

I don't want to speak for SMS, but that would be a major change and could cause a lot of issues, which is why I believe it would be unlikely to be implemented post release.

STEELJOCKEY
04-10-2017, 22:09
What would be handy in this regard, especially for league racing, would being allowed to have a set multiple number of paint schemes per car, say enough for half the lobby at least, numbered custom 1-16. Ideally, 32 livery slots would be good for a full lobby.

Then a league group could make a bunch of liveries that all could share into the same folder on their own PC, and when racing, everyone would see the custom liveries.

Surely this would be an easy patch, to increase the number of custom liveries stored and usable in the game?

BrunoB
13-10-2017, 16:09
Then a league group could make a bunch of liveries that all could share into the same folder on their own PC, and when racing, everyone would see the custom liveries.
Surely this would be an easy patch, to increase the number of custom liveries stored and usable in the game?
It was something like this that was included in good old NR2003(pre iRacing mod).
So if you were member of as example a league then all the members just installed the same car "roster" (all the other drivers car paints) in their local paints folder.
If it should work in pCars 2 then the game should be able to associate the different paints to the right multiplayer (or AI) cars.

Adrianblasco
13-10-2017, 21:41
What would be handy in this regard, especially for league racing, would being allowed to have a set multiple number of paint schemes per car, say enough for half the lobby at least, numbered custom 1-16. Ideally, 32 livery slots would be good for a full lobby.

Esto sería la mejor opción..por favor más librerias para cada coche..mínimo 15 para poder meter más skins y organizar ligas y torneos..sino al final a la gente le aburrirá y lo que más atrae a la gente es el tema de meter equipos con sus skins.

Spiderx
13-10-2017, 22:12
well custom liveries could have the already existent name concatenated with the guid, it would ofc imply that SMS would have to load the correct skin online and also probably some more info on the online messages if the guid isnt there already, doesnt seem absurdly complex to implement unless theres some huge catch im not seeing :) and every one would be allowed one skin per car....

BrunoB
14-10-2017, 18:52
When people drive online against each other there must be some algoritm deciding which paint to launch for each opponents car.
If this decision is just random then there is not anything to do or to intercept.
But if this decision are following some not-random law then it should be possible (at least theoretically) to intercept the selection and insert some custom paint instead.

satco1066
17-10-2017, 00:46
if checked in in Steam Workshop, every livery would have a defined ID.
Unfortunately that system was not implemented.
Maybe we'll have to wait for pCARS3 ;)

Adrianblasco
20-10-2017, 11:48
Se necesita que metan ya más librerias para meter más skins por coche...están limitando muchos campeonatos por no poder meter skins en los coches...de que me sirve tener solo una librería para verla yo y que los demás me vean en blanco..no tiene lógica..por favor alguna ayuda o forma de como meter skins y que la gente en un campeonato vaya con su skin aunque sea el mismo coche. O el mismo coche pero diferente color para diferenciarlo.