PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody. My Thoughts, (for what they're worth)

Richie Padalino
27-09-2017, 12:16
Hello, hope you are all well.

I know I'm only one person, and my views probably don't really matter that much to the people who do matter. But I'd say I represent a fair amount of prospective customers and possible future fans, of the franchise. Something which I would say is required to be successful in the future.

I'm a Forza customer, not a hardcore all of the 6 Motorsports etc etc, but still I've done a few laps. I'm certainly no professional, but I enjoy it, and do a play a lot. I'd grown tired of a fair few things to do with Forza, and after a fair amount of research into Project Cars 2 and Forza 7, was well on board for purchasing Project Cars 2.

I'd read about all the issues with the the first release, and thought that was understandable, being crowd funded and a first release, etc, we're all learning all the time aren't we?

I'd also read multiple things about said issues being resolved for the release of Project Cars 2. It is very worrying that after all these reassurances prior to release, the amount of issues it has, a game that is trying to cross the boundary of being more than just a sim racer, a game that costs 42 plus (I know that may not seem like a lot of money to some people, but with a young family it can be), a game that has positioned itself with it's press somewhere near the upper echelons of racing games. These things may not worry all, but I would guess there are a few people who like me were looking at moving across, if you will, (not that I want to make this a PC2 vs Forza thing, because this isn't what this is about).

It's just a matter of trust. Reassurances were given on how the game would be on release, and that just has not happened. Personally I just don't think that is anywhere near good enough, in any arena, any product, any service.

I know you're probably not going to like my post, and probably not care all that much, as I said I'm only one person. The only reason I decided I needed to actually put this down here, is because I was so looking forward to playing Project Cars 2, genuinely excited, and now I feel I can not purchase it

Canadian_2Four
27-09-2017, 15:02
Have you even played this game? Sure it has it's fair share of bugs that can be frustrating but what game comes out these days that doesn't?

Personally being an old Forza fan (die hard) and playing PC1, I will never go back to Forza as the game is so bland and boring these days, nothing to actually get you excited about racing and the AI is complete BS and very stale. (PO) Even with Project Cars bugs, when the game works (which I have had no issues, at least in career mode, Xbox) nothing compares to the feeling you get while racing, weather that's with the AI or in multiplayer. It actually feels like your sitting in the car in an actual race! the beautiful sounds of every car and the handling model is just something Forza has never been able to do.

Career mode (IMO) is the best thing about PC1 and especially PC2, somehow the game makes you feel like your apart of an actual championship something that no other race game that i've played has made me feel before, weather it's qualifying first to snag that crucial 2 points or battling just to get a top 10 finish, this game get you so jacked up! You have to experience it for yourself.

You honestly can't compare Forza with PC2 as there isn't a comparison maybe Assetto Corsa but even that game isn't comparable IMO. Anyways I would say if your hesitant about PC2 just wait a few months for some patches to come out as the Devs are always listening/working on this game. Just don't judge the game by what you've read on the web as you'll be missing out on IMO the best and only sim on console.

Richie Padalino
27-09-2017, 15:18
Are you on a controller or wheel?

Richie Padalino
27-09-2017, 15:28
So it just doesn't bother you one bit that a whole host of things that they said had been sorted, quite clearly have not? Doesn't bother you at all? It's not that there are problems, that's understandable, it's claiming everything's going to be fine prior. Just seems odd to me.

I get the reasons why it's better, hence my genuine excitement about the release. But that's not really the issue I'm bringing up is it?

Eric Everfast
27-09-2017, 16:15
There are many users here wishing SMS would have forewarned their customer base about any mishaps the game might come with; that's not a realistic expectation. I can't see a company putting out a "buyer beware" disclaimer before the release of their product - that will just hamper sales. It seems like you haven't bought the game yet so just wait until patches are released and occupy your free time with something else in the meanwhile.

Canadian_2Four
27-09-2017, 17:14
What list of bugs did they say were going to be fixed that weren't? I'm not sure where your reading this.

With the amount of detail there is in this game and the complexity of the handling model/ tire model/ car models from various manufacturers from almost ever era of course there's going to be issues even if they said it was fixed, things happen. The game in the state it's in right now is very playable, more playable than PC1 ever was when it came out. Just don't judge the game when you haven't even given it a chance no matter what anyone else says because people would still complain if the game was perfect too.

I personally have a steering wheel but when I don't want to pull that out I will use my controller, I haven't had an issue, yes it's harder to use but with a little tweaking a controller works just fine.

Just Another Frog
27-09-2017, 17:34
Hello, <snip>

Hello.

Richie Padalino
28-09-2017, 12:39
What list of bugs did they say were going to be fixed that weren't? I'm not sure where your reading this.

Well, I'd say the issue regarding the game being unplayable with a controller is quite well publicized, and many people connected with the game said it had been sorted. Doesn't look that way from a lot of posts on here.

The issue of frame rates affecting the way the game looks and feels, and even actually effecting lap times. People on this forum confirmed this would be sorted. It doesn't seem that way. Someone on here over the last few days to another poster seemed to suggest the best solution was to get an Xbox One X, interesting point of view to say the least.

Oval Racing. I asked specific questions about specific physics of Oval Racing concerning bump drafting, side drafting, pack racing, etc. On this very forum, I received a reply saying that yes bump drafting, and side drafting, will work. At no stage did anyone point out the fact that they have still not got the physics right in general for Oval Racing.

To be honest, I didn't want to get into a back and forth debate, that's really not why I posted. You're going to have your viewpoint, and there isn't anything I can say to change that, which I totally respect.

All I wanted to do was possibly show what the pitfalls of releasing a game before it is completely ready, and how that may come across to prospective customers, especially now Project Cars is making the leap from crowd funded 'independent' game to really up there competing with the best of the best, when it comes to racing games.

I'm not ignorant or so one eyed to now completely dismiss Project Cars 2, certainly not. So will be keeping a keen eye on progress, but I am now more skeptical than I would have been.

I'd just like to be able to play a nice long race, with the amount of AI in the 20s, with a bog standard controller, on the Xbox One, and for it all to just go smoothly. At this moment in time, from what I have read on here, that just isn't possible, for a number of possible reasons. Which is a shame, because if it was as advertised, it should be.

Thank you for your time and comments, I hope you don't think of me as being ignorant or dismissive based on merely the musings of others. I would just like my investment to be worth it, when I make it.

TenthDan
28-09-2017, 12:50
Something also to be aware of is that with new releases on a dedicated forum it will often look quite negative early on because all the little bugs and annoyances will be voiced while many enjoying themselves won't be on the forum.

It might look like bugs galore but often it is minor things affecting different people different ways, that when viewed all together on the forum seem like they are all happening to everyone ;)

If hesitant give it a go after the first patch and you'll notice most of the noise reduce, apart from the persistent and unlucky ones.

Canadian_2Four
28-09-2017, 15:05
[QUOTE=Richie Padalino;1373135]Well, I'd say the issue regarding the game being unplayable with a controller is quite well publicized, and many people connected with the game said it had been sorted. Doesn't look that way from a lot of posts on here.

The issue of frame rates affecting the way the game looks and feels, and even actually effecting lap times. People on this forum confirmed this would be sorted. It doesn't seem that way. Someone on here over the last few days to another poster seemed to suggest the best solution was to get an Xbox One X, interesting point of view to say the least.

Oval Racing. I asked specific questions about specific physics of Oval Racing concerning bump drafting, side drafting, pack racing, etc. On this very forum, I received a reply saying that yes bump drafting, and side drafting, will work. At no stage did anyone point out the fact that they have still not got the physics right in general for Oval Racing.

It's all good bud, i'm just telling you from my experience with the Xbox one version of the game.

Some people expect the controller to work perfect right out of the box which it does (in some ways) but can be even better with a little tweaking, I've personally haven't had an issue but my controller is brand new, I know if I used my old controller the left analog stick never stays straight and that would be frustrating and would cause an issue for sure.

Frame rate issues I haven't seen yet, I also haven't put the game through a full field with a thunderstorm which I would assume cause the game to slow down. One thing I have noticed is in Chase cam that the game looks to be moving in slow motion but when you put it back into cockpit view it's normal so something is off there but I haven't actually noticed the game drop frame rate in my 10hrs with it.

Oval racing I 100% will tell you is broken which is a shame as so many people were looking forward to this, the drafting system seems to work but the field of cars get so split up even when doing just a 5-10 lap race. Also with using certain cars I've noticed the Pit crew doesn't actually do anything and they just stand there, so this is also broken. lol

Anyways the longer you wait all the patches will be out and the game will be much cheaper lol