PDA

View Full Version : ***** WHEEL FFB SETTINGS AND GENERAL SETTINGS *****

CRi RE3iD CRG26
27-09-2017, 12:40
Hey guys got some new improved FFB settings for most wheels, now these settings are very smooth doesnt clip and eliminated alot of the Centre wheel wobble problem everyone seems to be having.

Input the following.

Make sure you have calibrated you're wheel and have it set to its maximum rotation angle (for example 900 of rotation)

Depending on Personal prefrence
Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 0

FFB SETTINGS
Flavour informative
Gain 25
Volume 50
Tone 25
FX 25
Menu spring strength 0.00

If the wheel feels to light, increase the Gain but you may want to decrease the FX slightly as that is the culprit for wheel wobble.

Alternatively you can increase the damping setting to add wheel weight.

Apply the above and hopefully it'll resolve you're wheel problems.

Feedback more than welcome :)

transfix
27-09-2017, 12:56
Which wheel are you using CRi? The Gain should really be left at or close to 100 for Any Fanatec wheels and also Thrustmaster T300's. Gain at 25 removes a lot of the FFB. Use Volume to reduce clipping.

Dynomight Motorsports
27-09-2017, 13:04
True I think this is very Wheel dependent. Huge differences between the way Logitec reacts vs Thrustmaster. Look up FoolsJester's settings his are pretty good for the TX.

CRi RE3iD CRG26
27-09-2017, 13:08
Which wheel are you using CRi? The Gain should really be left at or close to 100 for Any Fanatec wheels and also Thrustmaster T300's. Gain at 25 removes a lot of the FFB. Use Volume to reduce clipping.

This on a G920 however ive had friends try it on a tx and fanatec csw and they've said its better, but you can add damping to add wheel wieght anyway dude :)

Foolsjester
27-09-2017, 13:20
True I think this is very Wheel dependent. Huge differences between the way Logitec reacts vs Thrustmaster. Look up FoolsJester's settings his are pretty good for the TX.

RAW

I only really tweek 49 for FFB strength and 45 for road/curb feel/vibration

Canadian_2Four
27-09-2017, 14:06
RAW

I only really tweek 49 for FFB strength and 45 for road/curb feel/vibration

I have used these settings with my thrustmaster italia 458 wheel feels pretty good , went and tried them on Le Mans with the Porsche GT3 24HR with no AI wheel is fine on the straights but when I try to do a multi class race as soon as you get onto the long straights the wheel ever so lightly goes left to right and wants to make the car fish tail...... is this a bug or is my wheel dinked? This is on Xbox

MXR SMILER
27-09-2017, 17:16
A few of us (teammates) have been trying different FFB settings and, as in the above post have found that the FX is the one that has the most effect at reducing the rattle or wobble we were experiencing. Contrary to some suggestions we have found that 'Raw' with 0 FX is most effective. I have ended up with some settings that work for me.

For G920

Dead zone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 65
Throttle dead zone - 2 ( rest my foot on pedal )
Throttle Sensitivity - 50
Brake dead zone - 2 ( as above )
Brake Sensitivity - 65
Clutch DZ - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 50
Speed Sensitivity - 50
Damper saturation - 20

RAW
Gain - 50
Volume - 75
Tone 95
FX - 0
Menu Spring Strength is the STRENGTH of the SPRING in the MENU. Leave it at 0.05

All of the shared settings are personal preferences and may not suit everyone , these are mine and I hope they work for you.

To save hud use 'd' pad to highlight SAVE and press A.

CXR PhilGDUK
27-09-2017, 17:38
FX on Zero means you're removing a whole load of the feedback though.

Gain should be 100 on the TX wheel (I'm on a TX)

Speed Sensitivity - 0
Damper Saturation - 25

RAW Flavour
Gain - 100
Volume - 50 (If you can assign two buttons for increasing and decreasing this from the controller assignments as this is the over all weight and feel of the FFB)
Tone - 22
FX - 45

This is the closest I have it to feeling like the PC version so far and im pretty happy with it. The PC version im running the Jack Spade files as well. (Thanks Jack ;) )

MXR SMILER
27-09-2017, 17:59
Nothing to be lost from trying out whatever takes your fancy my good man, just thankful we can get a good experience using these tweaked settings... You Gents on PC are not affected by the issues on Xbox 1 affecting steering wheels of various types and to differing degrees as far as I can see from the forum, so, unfortunate as it may be to lose that degree of FFB, it is necessary to negate the aforementioned issue, with the G920. When the patch drops it'll be fixed and the FX slider will be back where it's supposed to be and we will all be very happy bunnies. Cheers Phil

CXR PhilGDUK
28-09-2017, 09:34
Nothing to be lost from trying out whatever takes your fancy my good man, just thankful we can get a good experience using these tweaked settings... You Gents on PC are not affected by the issues on Xbox 1 affecting steering wheels of various types and to differing degrees as far as I can see from the forum, so, unfortunate as it may be to lose that degree of FFB, it is necessary to negate the aforementioned issue, with the G920. When the patch drops it'll be fixed and the FX slider will be back where it's supposed to be and we will all be very happy bunnies. Cheers Phil

My bad, i should have said these are my settings for the Xbox One version which now feels more like the PC, (i'll have to update my profile) I have it on both. :)

As you say though MXR SMILER, its down to whatever takes your fancy, I guess im going for the iRacing type of feel, which I seem to have found (ish). Good Luck everyone!

Koza_Nostra
28-09-2017, 11:32
FX on Zero means you're removing a whole load of the feedback though.

Gain should be 100 on the TX wheel (I'm on a TX)

Speed Sensitivity - 0
Damper Saturation - 25

RAW Flavour
Gain - 100
Volume - 50 (If you can assign two buttons for increasing and decreasing this from the controller assignments as this is the over all weight and feel of the FFB)
Tone - 22
FX - 45

This is the closest I have it to feeling like the PC version so far and im pretty happy with it. The PC version im running the Jack Spade files as well. (Thanks Jack ;) )

Agree with these settings man. I'm on Xbox as well with TX and I find that keeping Gain at 100 is much better and is recommended by Jack Spade and bmanic, even though they are on PC, I think this also translates to consoles. Then Volume should be adjusted per car, but I find anything between 35-55 feels good. Personally I like higher Tone, I'm running around 65-70 and this gives me more center feel, as anything lower than 50 just feels too light around the center for my personal taste. Regarding the FX haven't decided if I like a bit lower or higher value, still to be explored :)

Chokofanten
07-10-2017, 09:11
The same for me.
I Think ITS a bug. Hope they fix it.

HighsiderBE
07-10-2017, 12:16
I drive TMX:

Flavour: informative
Gain: 90
Volume: 50
Tone: 65
FX: 75

Speed sensitivity is set to 15, I feel this helps me not to spin out so fast in fast corners....
But I still struggle with the feel for the back-end.. Don't really feel when it starts to step out...
Any tips on that? I mostly drive GT3 and Clio cup cars...

The_Senser
09-10-2017, 06:39
A new firmware update is available now for Thrustmaster Wheels at https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/. It doesn't specifically mention Project Cars 2, it appears to be a fix for Forza 7 but it is the lastest firmware if anyone is interested. I have updated my wheel but have not yet tried it with either PC2 or Forza 7.

Disease
09-10-2017, 07:04
question for all you xbox wheel users, when you start up the console each time do you leave the wheel connected or reconnect each time?
way back I remember seeing someone say they found the feedback to be a bit funky if they left the wheel connected from last session when they power up..

HighsiderBE
09-10-2017, 08:23
Mine is always disconnected,
but yesterday I drove the ovals with the Chevy indycar oval version and the feedback was so low....
With my gt3's on the same Indianapolis oval track it was way stronger... Weird.
Changing the setting to raw made it a bit better... Still don't feel the back step out...
I've also experienced a total loss of feedback after 1h of driving the game...