PDA

View Full Version : Who uses a Fanatec CS V2.5 on Xbox and a PS4 Fanatec licensing question

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 13:40
I have been using a Thrustmaster TX wheel on my Xbox One playing Pcars1 and now Pcars2.

I have been looking to upgrade to a Fanatec Club Sport V2.5 wheel for my Xbox One. My concern is, currently everywhere I read, people say the FFB on PS4 and PC are way better then the Xbox. I will be getting an Xbox One X on release day, but nobody knows if FFB will be improved on the new machine.

I am also a little confused about Fanatecs support for PS4. I keep reading that Sony does not have the licensing for Fanatec but I see people using them with Pcars2?

If they are not supported on PS4, does anyone know if there will be future support? If there will not be, that will make my decision easier and I will just buy it for the Xbox. What I am trying to eliminate is, buying it for the Xbox and its the same FFB on the Xbox One X and would have to buy another wheel for PS4 (if there is support) and the game again.

Also if any of you guys are using the CS V2.5 on Xbox, have you also used the Thrustmaster TX. I am trying to to gauge if the upgrade is going to be worth while.

Sankyo
27-09-2017, 13:45
The only Fanatec wheel base that is supported on PS4 (in pC2) is the CSL Elite PS4, as that is the only licensed PS4 wheel base. All other Fanatec wheels and wheel bases will not work natively with pC2. The only solution for people owning these non-licensed wheels/wheel bases to still be able to play on PS4 is to use a ChronusMax Plus or DriveHUB, which emulates a Logitech wheel.

Sum Dixon-Ear
27-09-2017, 13:47
For Fanatec on the PS4 you will need to buy the CSL Elite PS4 Wheel (the only version now compatible), for Xbox use you would to get a compatible Fanatec rim and then the wheel can be used on all platforms.

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 13:51
The only Fanatec wheel base that is supported on PS4 (in pC2) is the CSL Elite PS4, as that is the only licensed PS4 wheel base. All other Fanatec wheels and wheel bases will not work natively with pC2. The only solution for people owning these non-licensed wheels/wheel bases to still be able to play on PS4 is to use a ChronusMax Plus or DriveHUB, which emulates a Logitech wheel.

For Fanatec on the PS4 you will need to buy the CSL Elite PS4 Wheel (the only version now compatible), for Xbox use you would to get a compatible Fanatec rim and then the wheel can be used on all platforms.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess my next question is. Since the PS4 offers better FFB from what I hear, do I get the CSL Elite for PS4, or go with the Club Sport V2.5 for Xbox? Since the Xbox One X is not out yet, we do not know if Xbox upgraded the FFB with the new units.

It looks like I can get the Xbox Competition Wheel with the V2.5 base for under $700. I just do not know which way is the best route to go.

Sum Dixon-Ear
27-09-2017, 13:54
If you only want one wheelbase, then go Fanatec CSL Elite PS4. It's a very good wheel and can be made compatible to the One X with a simple rim swap.

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 14:02
If you only want one wheelbase, then go Fanatec CSL Elite PS4. It's a very good wheel and can be made compatible to the One X with a simple rim swap.

One wheel base would be optimal. However, since I already have the Thrustmaster TX, would the CSL Elite be worth the upgrade?

If the CS V2.5 is going to be a better upgrade and for Xbox One only, I have no problem with that. I just want to get whichever wheel will feel the best.

Sum Dixon-Ear
27-09-2017, 14:16
The new Elite shares the same motors as the CSW2.5, the only real difference is that the base is plastic as opposed to the metal used for the ClubSport bases. Same connectivity, quick release etc etc.

Sorry, I've not tried a TX, but everyone that I know with an Elite PS4 absolutely loves it... as do I. FFB is excellent, motor is great and the build quality is top notch.

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 14:50
The new Elite shares the same motors as the CSW2.5, the only real difference is that the base is plastic as opposed to the metal used for the ClubSport bases. Same connectivity, quick release etc etc.

Sorry, I've not tried a TX, but everyone that I know with an Elite PS4 absolutely loves it... as do I. FFB is excellent, motor is great and the build quality is top notch.

See that is where I am confused. From the comparison on Fanatecs site, it shows the CSW 2.5 is quite a bit different then the CSL Elite. More TQ, dual belts, metal pullies vs plastic. Dual hall sensors instead of optical, 100hz vs 500hz etc.

Sum Dixon-Ear
27-09-2017, 15:02
That is the spec sheet for the wrong wheel, look at the Elite for PS4. The torque output is different as the new wheel is geared for agility over raw torque output.

pover74
27-09-2017, 15:04
remco I have the csl elite for the ps4 and that is totally broken no feeling in my wheel at all no ffb feels horrible and that's the official wheel for ps4 not good feedback from the wheel tried everything no feeling in the wheel at all

pover74
27-09-2017, 15:06
Dixon is it possible if you no anybody with the settings for the csl elite because mine is horrible and would appreciate any info on settings regards david

pover74
27-09-2017, 15:07
remco is it possible if you no anybody with the settings for the csl elite because mine is horrible and would appreciate any info on settings regards david

Sum Dixon-Ear
27-09-2017, 15:17
Dixon is it possible if you no anybody with the settings for the csl elite because mine is horrible and would appreciate any info on settings regards david

Sure -

In game FFB - Immersive, 100, 50, 50, 50 (I was using 100, 65, 35, 10 which also felt good)

Wheel settings - Sen = Automatic, FFB = 100, Shock = 100, Drift = -5, Force = 120, Spring = Off, Damper = Off, FEI = 07 (might need more)

Drive with the settings for a good while (different car/track combos) and let them bed in. Sometimes the FFB goes very light/heavy for no reason, but in general it feels very good. Hopefully fixed in the upcoming patch.

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 15:20
That is the spec sheet for the wrong wheel, look at the Elite for PS4. The torque output is different as the new wheel is geared for agility over raw torque output.

You are right, I was on the wheel base page and just assumed the wheel base was the same. Thanks for the correction. This is the spec sheet I found. It does indeed use the same motor as the V2.5. There are a few features that are still different with the V2.5. I am just not sure if they make that much of a difference.

remco I have the csl elite for the ps4 and that is totally broken no feeling in my wheel at all no ffb feels horrible and that's the official wheel for ps4 not good feedback from the wheel tried everything no feeling in the wheel at all

remco is it possible if you no anybody with the settings for the csl elite because mine is horrible and would appreciate any info on settings regards david

Hey man, please keep this thread on topic please. You made the same post 3 times for no reason. Your issue is talked about in other threads. Please do not derail my thread. Thanks.

Sum Dixon-Ear
27-09-2017, 15:25
Check some reviews, there are subtle differences for sure... but it's an amazing wheel. More torque from the CSW but faster steering with the CSLEPS4, plus true multiplatform compatibilty and the price difference.

pover74
27-09-2017, 15:27
found it pal and thank you for your reply will let you no how its turned out Dixon regards david

JohnMc
09-10-2017, 23:15
Hi all,

I have come from a T300RS on PS4 (bought only for project cars one) - it was great no denying.

I just bought in anticipation of the new Xbox X, the CSW v2.5 in the form of the competition pack, so CSW v2.5, CSL Elite P1 Wheel & CSL pedals (no load cell yet...)

I have to say it's lost the plug and play experience I enjoyed with the T300rs, and the game (PC2) only shows the thrustmaster as the only available gaming wheel (in game menu) I couldn't get my head around this, thinking it was broke or needed patching (this maybe the case) HOWEVER, I just went with it as the CSW v2.5 let's you completely tune the wheel in game during the race using the digital screen on the top centre strip, so no need to pause, you can just keep going around and around until it feels 'right' which is a game changer... literally.

I've not yet read the instructions on how to fine tune it for the best results, however what little dicking around I have spent has tuned the wheel to surpass anything the T300RS ever did, this might be a combination of a new game & vastly superior wheel, but as a direct comparison to the FFB on Xbox one to PS4 I would say there is absolutely no 'feeling' of it being worse or in anyway a lesser force.

As it stand the wheel feels really good (smooth & progressive torque build up so you can feel the tyres warming up & the sensation of the grip letting go) the FFB if put on 100 will rip the wheel out of your hands no problem what so ever, something the T300rs was never able to achieve (in my opinion) - is it worth the mammoth out lay..... well at the moment, provided you are pretty flush and not forgoing more important things in life, then yes I would say it is worth it, because as far as I can see it's superior now with only 5-6 mins of fiddling, with absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so the future looks good!!

Pedals are ok, but I definitely think the loadcell brake is needed to complete the package as it's a bit 'spongey' but again limited time adjusting to it.

Hope that helps :eagerness:

P.S if anyone has tuning setups for this wheel please post as I'm a complete novice and with what limited time I get to spend on the game I doubt I'll ever get the setup right!

MacLeod
18-10-2017, 00:58
Disregard, posted in the wrong section, and I think I found my answer anyways...grrr...