PDA

View Full Version : How to load new paint schemes

Dozer1
27-09-2017, 13:47
Hi, could someone remind me how to load new paint schemes into the game. Thanks in advance.

ctzn
27-09-2017, 14:35
Extract and overwrite files under "[your drive]:\[your system]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Project CARS 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries"

Dozer1
27-09-2017, 15:01
Thank you!

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 15:02
And they will only show up once on Track. The Thumbnail will remain white in the Car Selection Screen ;)

Gethema
27-09-2017, 16:13
And they will only show up once on Track. The Thumbnail will remain white in the Car Selection Screen ;)

They are also visible in the showroom, easily accessible from the livery selection screen :)

SpiffyTheSeal
28-09-2017, 13:21
It would be great if at somepoint, a public livery browser could be implemented for consoles. Not an easy or quick task I know, but it would be fantastic.

frederickalonso
29-09-2017, 00:11
So if I understand we don't need to use the previous extraction methods anymore from Cars1?
Just replace some liveries on the drive.
Nice. Will for sure make new ones for the Audi R8 and Lambo ;-)

I am a website developer and graphic designer myself. Maybe we can start a new website with Cars liveries only?
I know there are websites like customtrades and stuff but for Cars?

Gethema
30-09-2017, 07:08
@frederickalonso:

the way custom liveries work is basically the same as in PCars1, with one custom livery option per car. No need to extract anything from the game, actually I can't even think of what was needed to be extracted from PCars1 in order to make custom liveries work.

As for sharing custom liveries, there is already a dedicated section on this forum where you can upload and share your own created skins as well as download the work done by others: Vehicles Custom Paints Download DB (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?155-Vehicles-Custom-Paints-Download-DB) :)

Alternatively, you might also consider taking a look at the Project Cars 2 Download section at Racedepartment (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/project-cars-2.149/), as some folk are not registered here and tend to upload their work there.

Pizzarelli
02-10-2017, 13:17
it is possible to add more than one custom skin? in pc1 you can add only one custom skin for the starndart white one.

Siberian Tiger
02-10-2017, 13:38
No, only 1 Custom Skin per Car. (At least that's the Case for now)

Henrique Clausing
03-10-2017, 19:40
No, only 1 Custom Skin per Car. (At least that's the Case for now)

Waiting for some good News here... lol

Virtual Apex
07-10-2017, 17:51
I am new to this and this may sound like a dumb question, but how do I create a custom livery?

dault3883
07-10-2017, 18:04
if you save all your saved liveries in a separate folder and then just copy and past that file into the folder you put it in for the game then its pretty easy to change your custom skin with out loosing the original file

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 18:29
He's asking how does he create a custom livery.

You might find the answer here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?154-Car-Painting-amp-Designs) or here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?118-The-Paint-Shop-Car-Painting-amp-Designs)

eric113
08-10-2017, 09:36
Extract and overwrite files under "[your drive]:\[your system]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Project CARS 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries"

This does not work with me I get it in the game not displayed

muzikant
08-10-2017, 15:33

Me the same I can`t see it in game??

ctzn
08-10-2017, 15:35

Me the same I can`t see it in game??

It will replace the white livery in game. You won't see the livery change on the livery selection screen, but you can see it in photo mode or when you load into a race.

muzikant
08-10-2017, 16:45
It will replace the white livery in game. You won't see the livery change on the livery selection screen, but you can see it in photo mode or when you load into a race.

Thanks a lote mate!! :)

What the hell I spend for hours to solved the problem.... :p
Strange that they can fix this by SMS

satco1066
09-10-2017, 15:16
It's nothing to fix. All the car icons are prerendered. There is no realtime renderer for the list.

If you refer to pCARS1,remember there were no prerenderd liveries lists, you had to klick through all liveries step by step.
But you were always in the preview screen, just like the showroom today.

The newsystem is much faster as was in PC1

golden44
14-10-2017, 18:03
OK, I download the car file, I unzip it into custom liveries, I can see that car in one of the boxes, all my other cars are 1024x1024 every car I have tried and added is 4696x4696, I go into my game and look for the car in the group where it should be and click on livery car but nothing, tried looking for it in photo and picked the white livery car hoping when I drive it in a race it would show up, but nothing still white. Is the problem because all my cars in there are 1024x1024 and the ones I download are much higher? I have tried everything that has been posted but still nothing. OK when I go into the downloaded liverys and car I unzip there is like 10.6 mb all the ones that were there are about 672kb what is wrong? I have windows 10, when I add the car file to the location liveries it shows the file there but Never asks me to overwrite? Then it does not show up in the game, Is windows 10 the problem here?

Ands
25-10-2017, 15:57
Hello, are the custom liveries visible from other people online?

ctzn
25-10-2017, 18:13
Hello, are the custom liveries visible from other people online?

No, only you can see your custom liveries. The only other time someone else can see them is if they have the same livery installed as you.

Ands
26-10-2017, 05:34
No, only you can see your custom liveries. The only other time someone else can see them is if they have the same livery installed as you.

This really sucks badly!!!