PDA

View Full Version : Please give Total Times Set or % in Time trials leaderboards

Gabe777
27-09-2017, 14:19
What's the point of doing time trials if you have no idea of where you stand in the world ?

Not duggesting you do the leaderboards as brilliantly as Forza do, but give us something please.

An absolute ranking is of little use unless you are on the top 10.....even then its of limited value if there are 11 posted. Also, why aren't car/track combos shown as seperate boards?

If i am ranked 200 from 201...... then doh ! But 200 from 200,000 would put me in top 0.1 percent, and i could attempt to improve.

The leaderboards don't give any information at all. No total times posted, whether aids were used....etc.

Very sloppy and spoils the game for me.

I don't play online as I'm a pussy, so i only have time trials left.

I mean how can I compete on track A in car b..... if there is only 1 board for each track ?

Haekr
27-09-2017, 15:38
I totally agree with you, I don't see any reason PC2 shouldn't display total times set and % you're in. Also a little lifelong dream of mine is a time board for every car and track combo. I would really love to compare records on all the different gt3 class cars on nurburgring for example. When I was younger I was actually keeping a notebook for that purpose in GT4. In 2017, it shouldn't be too hard to have such a feature already implemented in the game!

JakeDiggitty
27-09-2017, 15:57
There is not just 1 board for each track, you can filter it to only show 1 car to compare everybody on same car basis if that is what you mean.

I do agree need to show total times posted and % though... at the bottom they could simply list the total number of pages at least which you could do the math... for example, "page 1 of 20" And if there are 10 people per page then you know there are about 200 people if 20 pages.... also also let us jump to a page... be able to type page 15 to go directly to page 15 rather than scrolling through.... I would like to jump to middle pages to grab ghosts from people with similar Lap times as mine.. world record time ghosts may be way too fast and useless for average person... average person would like to grab a ghost of someone similar or slightly faster lap times .

Gabe777
27-09-2017, 16:29
There is not just 1 board for each track, you can filter it to only show 1 car to compare everybody on same car basis if that is what you mean.

I do agree need to show total times posted and % though... at the bottom they could simply list the total number of pages at least which you could do the math... for example, "page 1 of 20" And if there are 10 people per page then you know there are about 200 people if 20 pages.... also also let us jump to a page... be able to type page 15 to go directly to page 15 rather than scrolling through.... I would like to jump to middle pages to grab ghosts from people with similar Lap times as mine.. world record time ghosts may be way too fast and useless for average person... average person would like to grab a ghost of someone similar or slightly faster lap times .

Yup....just found out that car and track board is there.....you have to toggle the icon, but we need number of pages, or total times set, or as Forza do it.... percentile you're in.

I'm rubbish so don't compete in races, but such a simple addition, would make time trialing a lot more interesting for me, and keep my interest.

Haekr
27-09-2017, 18:44

I can't find the button to filter times by car, are you talking about time trial of private testing?

blinkngone
27-09-2017, 19:36
Time Trial you can filter by class or vehicle, there are still only a few tracks with multiple pages in "class" and even fewer with "Vehicle".

Leper Messiah
27-09-2017, 19:38
Yeah back in the day I was rather chuffed when I got in the top 5% of 2 million times in Forza 3....I was still a ridiculously high number from 1, but that 5% put a smile on my face! It would be nice I agree.

Haekr
27-09-2017, 19:39
Time Trial you can filter by class or vehicle, there are still only a few tracks with multiple pages in "class" and even fewer with "Vehicle".

I'm absolutely not finding it... The only filtering option I have is world times/friends list times. Maybe it's a PC exclusive feature, in which case it would be utterly disappointing.

blinkngone
28-09-2017, 08:49
Sorry Haekr, I thought that the leaderboards would be made similar across the platforms with the new game. PC looks like this.

Boskapongen
28-09-2017, 08:55
Leaderboards are uselsess, same problem as in PC1. I want to be able to filter only GT3 or Gr 5 etc... How hard can this be to fix. Just get it done.

breyzipp
28-09-2017, 09:09
On consoles it’s pretty dissatisfying. The leaderboards mean absolutely nothing. Here I am in my beloved Toyota 86 on a certain track and the only things I see on the leaderboards are hypercars.

Frankly I don’t even care about online comparisons that much. If I drove the same tack yesterday in the Honda Civic Type-R I want to compare my time in the Toyota with that one!

I know consoles have limits and it can’t be done, but there is UDP. Or SMS could create something like Racenet from Codemasters where people create accounts and all in-game post-race stats are sent to it and can be compared / filtered and whatnot.

I think we really need something like Racenet.

cpcdem
28-09-2017, 11:18
Leaderboards are uselsess, same problem as in PC1. I want to be able to filter only GT3 or Gr 5 etc... How hard can this be to fix. Just get it done.

For the PC they are not useless at all, since you can filter by specific car, too. But indeed the way filter by class works now, it is not really helpful.
In case for some reason it cannot be implemented per specific class (in the PC), I think it would be better to completely remove that generalized class option, or at least make the filter by car option the default one.

Haekr
28-09-2017, 17:57
Sorry Haekr, I thought that the leaderboards would be made similar across the platforms with the new game. PC looks like this.

So yeah... under the global/ friends button, there is nothing on xbox1. This is just so depressing, why the hell isn't this featured on consoles. This simple goddamn switch would add actual months to my interest in the game, comparing all the cars like this would be a dream. Is it really too much for consoles to handle a couple more lines of text?? It doesnt even have to be online, a local list would do. Am I really the only one with this wish?

DV8ing1
28-09-2017, 18:20
Sounds like something a patch might fix? Really weird oversight and as you said, I can't see this being a performance problem or something not allowed by the console companies. Sorry you got the short end of the stick. I was actually super happy the 'per car' setting was available on pc. Then you can really dial in your favorite car and see how you actually compare while learning how to improve.

RacingAtHome
28-09-2017, 18:51
Sounds like something a patch might fix? Really weird oversight and as you said, I can't see this being a performance problem or something not allowed by the console companies. Sorry you got the short end of the stick. I was actually super happy the 'per car' setting was available on pc. Then you can really dial in your favorite car and see how you actually compare while learning how to improve.

No. They can do it on PC. It's just console limitations preventing it from happening. I'm sure it could be easily done but Microsoft/Sony aren't letting them.

Gobby
28-09-2017, 20:17
The class filters are broken when viewing time trial leaderboards. Attempting to view GT3 times will show other cars (F50?).

Also If I have the world record in car A, and the fastest time in car B of the same class. My time in car B is not shown in the leaderboard. If I have the fastest 5 times in 5 different GT3 cars for a particular track, I should fill the top 5 places for the GT3 leaderboard.

Gabe777
29-09-2017, 08:58

Yes, good point.

GT is a massive Class, from the Ferrari on the top at present, to the Ginetta Juniors.

They could be vastly improved.

breyzipp
29-09-2017, 09:01
No. They can do it on PC. It's just console limitations preventing it from happening. I'm sure it could be easily done but Microsoft/Sony aren't letting them.

Can be done even for consoles if they create a dedicated system for it similar to Codemasters’ Racenet

R74NN
29-09-2017, 16:29
Problems I currently have with leaderboards:

- Not being able to easily tell number of participants (please, show number and percentile based on my position)
- Changing leaderboard filter from "class" to "vehicle" doesn't update your position and time in the "personal best" box at the top
- Sometimes changing a car (in the same class) doesn't update info in the "personal best" box at the top
- When loading a track with Ferrari 488 GT3, the loading screens often shows record I have done with Audi R8 LMS GT3
- Also, if I'm loading a track with Ferrari 488 GT3, I don't care about track record for Toyota GT-one
- The same applies for on-track lap info panel, world record is displayed for class not the vehicle and personal best is not for actual vehicle either (but rather my personal best in the class)
- Not being able to switch delta-bar to my personal best time (only session best works)
- Not being able to easily scroll down to my position
- Not being able to easily set a ghost x-places above me (if I'm 5 sec off the pace, I really don't care about world's best ghost)
- Multiple in-game car classes mixed into one class leaderboard

Serious work is needed here.

Gabe777
30-09-2017, 09:23

- Not being able to easily tell number of participants (please, show number and percentile based on my position)
- Changing leaderboard filter from "class" to "vehicle" doesn't update your position and time in the "personal best" box at the top
- Sometimes changing a car (in the same class) doesn't update info in the "personal best" box at the top
- When loading a track with Ferrari 488 GT3, the loading screens often shows record I have done with Audi R8 LMS GT3
- Also, if I'm loading a track with Ferrari 488 GT3, I don't care about track record for Toyota GT-one
- The same applies for on-track lap info panel, world record is displayed for class not the vehicle and personal best is not for actual vehicle either (but rather my personal best in the class)
- Not being able to switch delta-bar to my personal best time (only session best works)
- Not being able to easily set a ghost x-places above me (if I'm 5 sec off the pace, I really don't care about world's best ghost)

Good summary.

Let's hope the devs are reading this. Ignoring Time Trial leaderboard functionality is not fair to many players who value this part of the game. Not everyone drives in online races, for whatever reasons, and it is thus a massive part of longevity for those people.

Forza have had great leaderboards ever since they started, on consoles !

bmanic
01-10-2017, 19:51

Can confirm all of this.

RGnt
01-10-2017, 22:47
Only thing I wish they changed in the TT is that by class would actually filter by class and not by category. So instead of GT1, GT3 and GT4 under same blanket, have them separated by class. Then it's all good.

mattrickl06
02-10-2017, 15:49
I think this is a key improvement which needs to be made - my favourite part of the Forza series was the seamless integration of the leaderboards which updated on time trial mode and during races, I especially like the class based scoring system which, although always had the favourites (Chevrolet Spark springs to mind as the most obvious) it was interesting and challenging to try and get my times in the top say 2% of every track - this is what I spent my most time doing.

This was how I shaved tenths off my lap times and ultimately led to learning to be a faster driver across many cars and many different circuits.

An interactive online platform where you can log in for tracking leaderboards would be great also where % times by car and classes could be shown.

Loving the game in every other respect so far :-)

TylerDurden4321
04-10-2017, 12:35
I think this is a key improvement which needs to be made - my favourite part of the Forza series was the seamless integration of the leaderboards which updated on time trial mode and during races, I especially like the class based scoring system which, although always had the favourites (Chevrolet Spark springs to mind as the most obvious) it was interesting and challenging to try and get my times in the top say 2% of every track - this is what I spent my most time doing.

This was how I shaved tenths off my lap times and ultimately led to learning to be a faster driver across many cars and many different circuits.

An interactive online platform where you can log in for tracking leaderboards would be great also where % times by car and classes could be shown.

Loving the game in every other respect so far :-)

But Forza puts non time trial times on the leaderboards. Yes, most of them are flagged invalid because of contact or drafting during a race, but they are on the leaderboard so a top1% time in a car/track combo featured in the career doesn't mean much.
I still want a percentage for leaderboards in pCARS. I wanted one in Driveclub GTS too. If - at the very least - you could jump to the first top50 and then to the bottom top50 and see the leaderboard position, but no. As it is right now, leaderboards are only fun if you have friend-times to beat, but it's not like in Forza or Driveclub where you can get a notification if someone beat your time and sending a message myself takes the subtlety out of the bragging fun ;D [not that I'm all that fast to begin with, but we all had our moments in Forza at some point I guess]

redwinegulper
06-05-2018, 00:38
has there been any progression in this fault? its ridiculous that Xbox users cannot sort by vehicle class.

ATSS
06-05-2018, 06:28
has there been any progression in this fault? its ridiculous that Xbox users cannot sort by vehicle class.

nope

simsimsheree
06-05-2018, 16:22
Leaderboards that show total participation might not be a good idea for PC2. It might be embarrassing to see how few actually play compared to Forza or GT Sport... :sorrow:

Consoles are even worse. There are ten times more open lobbies in GTS (and that doesn't count those doing the esport section) than there are players playing in PC2's PS4 open lobbies. Average ten a room, that's hundreds of times more players in open rooms (and Sport Mode has seriously scavenged GTS's open lobby system compared to GT6).

If SMS want to seriously get ahead in the racing game world (which is good for all of us if SMS have massively more money to bugfix, make new DLC and release the NEXT game with fewer initial bugs) they need to seriously address the shortcomings in the game related to casual players. Sure, they have got hardcore organized sim leagues covered. But that's a tiny percentage of the total player base (as those numbers show).

Maybe it's time for SMS to go after the majority of racing game players, next time? As long as they don't change the game for the hardcore, adding stuff for the casual players is a win/win.