PDA

View Full Version : Swapping between Wheel and Control Pad ?

BigDad
27-09-2017, 14:22
I've set up my Fanatec CSWv2 for PC2 and absolutely love it Cheers but sometimes i dont have time to bring my wheel stand out and just want to test with my DS4 but everytime i try to use the DS4 all my CSWv2 settings get overwritten :(
This wasnt the case with PC1 , i could just turn the DS4 on and be good to go , it remembered all my settings for both devices . The next time i put my CSWv2 in it was also good to go !
Is there a way to get this to happen in PC2 also because it is a pain to have to reconfigure all my keyboard and wheel ? DS4 and keyboard everytime i play .

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 14:27
Yes, there is a Manual Way to do this...

Go to MyDocuments\ProjectCars2 somwhere in there (i am at the moment not at my PC), you will find the controllersettings.xml

Copy / Backup / Return -> Now you will have one for the DS4+Keyboard and one for the CSW ;) You just Need to swap them Manually, but it's still faster then reconfigure ;)

BigDad
27-09-2017, 14:30
Great , sounds better than a full reconfigure but i dont get it , lol
Where do i put the back up ?

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 14:35
1. Create 2 Folders (DS4-BackupFolder and CSW-BackupFolder) Outside of MyDocuments/ProjectCars2
2. Go in Game and Configure your DS4 + Keyboard
3. Back out of the Game, search for the File and make a Copy
4. Place the Copy inside DS4-Backup Folder
5. Go again in Game and configure your CSW.
6. Repeat 3 and 4. but place it in the CSW-BackupFolder
7. Now you just Need to take one of those 2 Files according to your Controller and overwrite the on in MyDocuments/ProjectCars2
8. Enjoy...

BigDad
27-09-2017, 23:05
Great Thank You!

BigDad
29-09-2017, 07:15
1. Create 2 Folders (DS4-BackupFolder and CSW-BackupFolder) Outside of MyDocuments/ProjectCars2
2. Go in Game and Configure your DS4 + Keyboard
3. Back out of the Game, search for the File and make a Copy
4. Place the Copy inside DS4-Backup Folder
5. Go again in Game and configure your CSW.
6. Repeat 3 and 4. but place it in the CSW-BackupFolder
7. Now you just Need to take one of those 2 Files according to your Controller and overwrite the on in MyDocuments/ProjectCars2
8. Enjoy...

Im trying to do this but cant find the controller settings. xml. Can you please help to find it?

Edit : got it !

BigDad
03-10-2017, 23:27
I believe this way of swapping between control devices is the reason i keep loosing game progress!
I made a thread about how i lost all game progress, my game showed no affinity or any races complete or hours played but i can load up my career?? So i started again and got another 8 hours in and then swapped my controller from wheel to DS4 using the method suggested in this thread and back to zero again!
My CSWv2 ingame settings stay when using that file swap but my DS4 one reverts back to default and my game resets to default even showing tutorial vids and everything!
Why?