PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems online?

jakenossiter
27-09-2017, 14:26
In going to go straight to the point. Every time I've been on multiplayer it says I've been disconnected from the session. Mostly this will be after I've qualified so I'm basically wasting my time. Is this happening with anybody else at all?

Mr Shoes
27-09-2017, 14:50
I had it happen to me yesterday on the final lap of a race :(
Went through 10 mins practice, 10 mins qualy and 5 laps to be dc'd right at the end.
I kind of hope this doesn't happen often. I've played 4 races and this was one, so 25% failure rate up to now.

JDFSSS
27-09-2017, 14:52
I don't think I've been disconnected after qualifying yet, but in both races I qualified for there was a big delay between the end of qualifying and when the race started. For my first qualy session I ended up leaving the lobby because I thought something was wrong after waiting a minute or two at the qualifying results screen with nothing happening. In my next lobby I ended up waiting about 5 minutes or longer after qualifying and the race finally started. By that time most of the people had left though and it went from a full lobby to a race with only 3 participants including myself.

ironik
27-09-2017, 14:52
I had one disconnection out of 11 races and it was just before the multiplayer patch.
EDIT: And yeah ,it was during qualifications.

I don't think I've been disconnected after qualifying yet, but in both races I qualified for there was a big delay between the end of qualifying and when the race started. For my first qualy session I ended up leaving the lobby because I thought something was wrong after waiting a minute or two at the qualifying results screen with nothing happening. In my next lobby I ended up waiting about 5 minutes or longer after qualifying and the race finally started. By that time most of the people had left though and it went from a full lobby to a race with only 3 participants including myself.

It's not the game fault though. The game is waiting for the host to click "continue".

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 14:53
I now have played about 10 Online Races with no Problems.

There will never be a 100% Guarantee in Online Races. ProjectCars2 has Host Migration, so if the Host quits, the next one will become Host.
But if during this Process, something happens, then the Session will be ended for all.

JDFSSS
27-09-2017, 15:35
I had one disconnection out of 11 races and it was just before the multiplayer patch.
EDIT: And yeah ,it was during qualifications.

It's not the game fault though. The game is waiting for the host to click "continue".

Thanks, I suspected that might have been the issue, now I know for sure.

solocapers
27-09-2017, 16:29
I now have played about 10 Online Races with no Problems.

There will never be a 100% Guarantee in Online Races. ProjectCars2 has Host Migration, so if the Host quits, the next one will become Host.
But if during this Process, something happens, then the Session will be ended for all.

That might want to be raised as a bug to be honest.

Far too many races quit out with "host migration has failed" to be honest to be outwith connectivity problems. Not that im saying you are blaming it on that but last night 2 races out of a handful quit out after qualifying with that very message.

Its obviously not handshaking/dealing with the handover very well.

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 16:31
It's a lot of Data that has to be synced during a Host Migration. I don't know if there is any thing that can be done. There are many Peoples Online, even with LTE (Mobile) Connections, that aren't as stable as Wired or Home WiFi Connections...

solocapers
27-09-2017, 16:40
I dunno, I think it could be much better if im being honest. Theres always going to be the odd cock up ill give that however most, if not all console games deal with host migration seamlessly in general. This should be no different.

Muz_J
27-09-2017, 22:14
ProjectCars2 has Host Migration, so if the Host quits, the next one will become Host.

Thanks for confirming that. I had a weird experience last night with my instance of the game hanging (I was the host) and then found it weird someone else had taken control of that session. I suspect the root cause was likely my physical location (in New Zealand) vs the other connected players and perhaps some sort of time out etc.
I've just purchased the game last night - so early days yet, but so far I'm impressed compared to other driving / racing sim's I own.

ThatJordGuy
28-09-2017, 04:27
I do get it a few times but not all the time. Either happens when I try to join a lobby, or after loading the race after joining the lobby.
That is on a WiFi connection on PS4 - only have had it happen once or twice while racing in qualifying or practice.

ramm21
28-09-2017, 05:21
The game is waiting for the host to click "continue".

Im getting a little miffed at this. A couple of times today I sat for a few minutes waiting for the host to click continue, but just ended up leaving because I didn't want to waste my time.

This seems to happen in lobbies with a small number of people. Its like the host forgets or goes off to do something else because there is only 4 people in the lobby. So naturally I gravitate towards the GT3 lobbies because they get filled and hosts seem to pay attention a lot more.

I hope we can do away with this feature? Just hit go and roll from practice to qualy to race without the host needing to advance to the next screen.

honespc
28-09-2017, 06:51
In going to go straight to the point. Every time I've been on multiplayer it says I've been disconnected from the session. Mostly this will be after I've qualified so I'm basically wasting my time. Is this happening with anybody else at all?The one when the loading screen after finishing a session, either practice or qualy gets stucked or freezed, which btw made its way all the way through pc1 to now pc2 is way worse. This one you describe is indeed just equally off putting though.

With the one you're describing and that sometimes I get too, well at least the game doesn't freeze. With the other one you must alt+f4 and hard-shutdown the game at all times.