PDA

View Full Version : Ending a practice or qualifying session early.

Borez
27-09-2017, 15:25
I'm pretty sure the original Pcars suffered from this too but if I end a practice session early ( and I presume qualifying too, I haven't chanced it ) then no matter how fast my time was I always end up last to place and the AI times just get stupid, sometime by 10 seconds a lap.

Anyone else getting this?

DesmoPT
27-09-2017, 15:34
everyone i guess

apexbuddha
27-09-2017, 15:51
Yeah, I've often wondered with practice sessions how many laps I have to do or what exit procedure I need to follow to actually have the times I've logged stay. Every single time it's "Do you want to exit? You'll lose all your progress." Well, yeah, how else do I exit?

AbeWoz
27-09-2017, 15:53
known issue. has been addressed numerous times already. potential fix in in the works. search function works wonders.

Madwak55
27-09-2017, 16:16
Are you sure it's not just the fact that it's a live track and it rubbers in same as in the real life motorsport particularly F1, the person doing the last lap gets the best track conditions? You can just do a few laps on practice to get your eye in then cancel it and go to qualifying :)

It also depends what you are racing, sometimes I can't get anywhere near them ( I need more skill :) ) and then on some events it's neck and neck and separated by very small margins, so either I'm really rubbish at driving certain cars or there's some inconsistency in the AI programming?

Borez
27-09-2017, 17:01
known issue. has been addressed numerous times already. potential fix in in the works. search function works wonders.

I searched my title.

AbeWoz
27-09-2017, 17:04
I searched my title.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51314-KNOWN-ISSUE-Skip-to-end-of-session-crazy-AI-lap-times&highlight=skipping+ahead

KasperVJensen
27-09-2017, 20:47
Are you sure it's not just the fact that it's a live track and it rubbers in same as in the real life motorsport particularly F1, the person doing the last lap gets the best track conditions? You can just do a few laps on practice to get your eye in then cancel it and go to qualifying :)

It also depends what you are racing, sometimes I can't get anywhere near them ( I need more skill :) ) and then on some events it's neck and neck and separated by very small margins, so either I'm really rubbish at driving certain cars or there's some inconsistency in the AI programming?

Not by those margins. I have had it happen at Monza in a GT3 session. I hit a mildly respectable 1.48 (or something like that, not 100% sure), and the AI proceeded to chisel 8 seconds of that. Now, I know my time can be improved, but there is simply no way you could get around Monza 8 seconds quicker in that class. Physically impossible.