PDA

View Full Version : Low frame rate effecting lap times

LukeC1991
27-09-2017, 16:06
I did a search and couldn’t find anything. So as the title says, poor frame rate is making my lap times stupidly slow. I did an Indy Oval race with a full grid of 32 cars, the frame rate was so low it felt horrible. So that’s it’s own issue. I was taking the same lines, driving as I normally would but my lap times were around 10 seconds a lap slower than when I run with a smaller grid. The AI weren’t affected though and just kept breezing past me. I’m playing on the original Xbox One so that’s probably the reason for the poor frame rate. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? The Indy 500 was one the things I was most looking forward to playing, but it’s just not playable with a full grid. Surely something like this should be tested before release? Especially with how much the Indy was bigged up before release.

Edit: It’s not just Indy that’s bad, Watkins Glen with Indy Cars with only 21 cars is just as bad! I did a race at Long Beach and the frame rate there wasn’t too bad.

RobPhoboS
27-09-2017, 22:37
What is the point at which it runs good frame rate, and more importantly that you aren't being overtaken for no fault of your own?
I will try to look tonight.

I can't wait to get the One X but now I'm wondering if I should have gotten it for the PC.

LukeC1991
28-09-2017, 01:24
It runs a bearable frame rate with about 20 cars on track, not perfect though. I probably am being overtaken because of my mistakes due to the low FPS as well yes, but I’m not making 10 seconds a lap worth of mistakes. It only seems to be when running Indycar races I’m getting really poor FPS.

nissan4ever
28-09-2017, 02:23
On Xbox One/S. I recommend keeping the AI grid at no more than 12-15 (depending on weather conditions). This should give you what you want. Now if you are indeed getting a Xbox One X in November. Then you can run a full grid (regardless of the weather conditions) & your fps will be fine :)

Bradcook000
28-09-2017, 03:42
This is something similar to what I was experiencing last night, I was trying to do a Group A race with the R32 GTR at Fuji. In private testing I was able to knock 1:58 minute laps consistently. I then tried to do a race weekend, in the same weather conditions, same setup and I couldn't achieve anything faster than a 2:05 without feeling completely out of control. This was with a 25 car field, I'll give a 12 car field a go and see if it's any better.

APR193
28-09-2017, 06:14
I've got little interest in running races with only up to 15 cars, so hopefully this is something that can be improved, although the xbox is so rubbish I have my doubts with this one