PDA

View Full Version : What's up with multiplayer?

No Name Hero
27-09-2017, 16:09
Hey guys have you guys been having trouble with the multiplayer? Specifically what's been aggravating me the most, is the fact that when you are searching for lobby's to join, the information the game gives you about the lobby is incorrect. I'll find a lobby where I think I'll have fun in, the game tells me they are practicing or in qualifying. Of course as soon as I join, guess what? They are racing and I'm spectating, it makes me so mad that I have to spend more time in the menus then in a actual race. Racing licenses and all these cool features are only good if the game does what it's suppose to. PLEASE FIX this I enjoy the game, I just wanted it to do what they advertised. :mad:

gmspromo
27-09-2017, 16:15
Hey guys have you guys been having trouble with the multiplayer? Specifically what's been aggravating me the most, is the fact that when you are searching for lobby's to join, the information the game gives you about the lobby is incorrect. I'll find a lobby where I think I'll have fun in, the game tells me they are practicing or in qualifying. Of course as soon as I join, guess what? They are racing and I'm spectating, it makes me so mad that I have to spend more time in the menus then in a actual race. Racing licenses and all these cool features are only good if the game does what it's suppose to. PLEASE FIX this I enjoy the game, I just wanted it to do what they advertised. :mad:

I've mentioned this in several places in these forums ... it makes the lobby indicators pointless .. or worse; just plain confusing! Apparently "improvements" are inbound (probably in the next patch), but an improvement does not sound like a fix to me sadly ...

MXR SMILER
27-09-2017, 16:16
See - I keep joining lobbies as an observer - thread a couple down from yours - same problems

No Name Hero
27-09-2017, 16:23
Yeah I should of posted my rant in there. I dint read the thread cause I thought it was a different problem. If the game told us the correct information about the lobby we wouldn't be here.

MXR SMILER
27-09-2017, 18:13
You seem quite annoyed sir, and I too am slightly miffed, but just imagine how annoyed you would be if you were on an XBOX. :D

No Name Hero
27-09-2017, 18:36
I am on a Xbox, I can go on with the list of problems. Everything else don't really bother me to this extent.

MXR SMILER
27-09-2017, 18:44
OOPS:D

Platform indicated as PC

Patch has, according to Siberian Tiger ( mod ) , been passed to Microsucks for approval so hopefully you and I will see a marked improvement when we get it. Which is a whole other topic......

sh33p
10-11-2017, 17:27
Same for me. My additional question is who can you contact to get this fixed? If I had bought anything else for 50quid I could return it as faulty but it seems the norm to get shafted by a software company.

LockeChris
10-11-2017, 17:38
Same for me. My additional question is who can you contact to get this fixed? If I had bought anything else for 50quid I could return it as faulty but it seems the norm to get shafted by a software company.

You have hereby contacted the people in question. As far as we know they notice all the issues being posted here, according to the mods. And they are at work fixing many things, so improvements will be made!

Trabbant
10-11-2017, 17:48
New stuff happening here, setup an online race and the start date and time are all kinds of mad, midnight in the year 2099, or sometimes 1970...

sh33p
10-11-2017, 17:48
Sounds promising LockeChris thanks for the ray of hope

GRTfast
10-11-2017, 18:35
New stuff happening here, setup an online race and the start date and time are all kinds of mad, midnight in the year 2099, or sometimes 1970...

Are you racing in a DeLorean? ;)

RomKnight
10-11-2017, 18:43
Car request? :D

Rockefelluh
10-11-2017, 18:46
You have hereby contacted the people in question. As far as we know they notice all the issues being posted here, according to the mods. And they are at work fixing many things, so improvements will be made!

This has been brought up frequently but I have seen no acknowledgement of lobby information issue or multiplayer disconnect issues from mods or staff. Not to say they aren't being worked on.

We will just have to see with Patch 3.0.

Also, do we seriously need the CAP's in the thread title???
Edit: Thank you.

Sgt Formula 1
10-11-2017, 21:52
It's probably doing this to us because I had 1 good night with no connection problems whatsoever a day or 2 after the XB1X came out and also had to brag about it on here. Sorry guys, my bad.
It's back to normal for me as of last night :(

Rockefelluh
10-11-2017, 22:40
It's probably doing this to us because I had 1 good night with no connection problems whatsoever a day or 2 after the XB1X came out and also had to brag about it on here. Sorry guys, my bad.
It's back to normal for me as of last night :(

Yup, figured as much. No real reason to think upgraded hardware would help...although I hoped by some miracle it would.

spudman_2000
13-11-2017, 14:00
When online works, it's great but damn there's some annoying bugs too.

Once race in Barcelona I had to take evasive action to avoid a schmozzle in front of me and I got a drive through penalty for not giving the position back to a guy that was likely still stuck in the gravel trap.

When I pitted for the drive through, there was no auto pit limiter and I got disqualified for speeding in the pit lane.

Had another race in Monza, qualified 3rd. In the race, gears were suddenly set back to manual for some reason, and I spun out trying to manually shift.

Interceptor G
13-11-2017, 14:31
last night i spend 1 hour trying to join any game, with people racing , game freezing, lobby disconnects, loading to waithing screen after 1 hour i managed only 2 laps in qualy that got me disconnected, I just stooped...Im taking notes on how my game time looks like and im gonna post some kind of multiplayer diary soon so hopefully some staff will see that and ask them self what is going on with this...Dont get me wrong i love the game and will continue to play it but so many little thing are getting me pissed sometimes

Rockefelluh
13-11-2017, 15:30
last night i spend 1 hour trying to join any game, with people racing , game freezing, lobby disconnects, loading to waithing screen after 1 hour i managed only 2 laps in qualy that got me disconnected, I just stooped...Im taking notes on how my game time looks like and im gonna post some kind of multiplayer diary soon so hopefully some staff will see that and ask them self what is going on with this...Dont get me wrong i love the game and will continue to play it but so many little thing are getting me pissed sometimes

If you track the issues we would all be appreciative of that work. I am frustrated and have not played multiplayer since September I think because of these issues.

GRTfast
14-11-2017, 11:57
Couple points

1. Tried to play online last night for two hours. 75% of the time i couldn’t load into the lobby. When I did, it was to spectate.

2. There were maybe 20 total people playing online. You have an awesome sim, and no one is playing online because of the issues with multiplayer. That’s really disappointing.

Dynomight Motorsports
14-11-2017, 12:23
The Worst thing about this is the LAG you create for the people racing in the lobby. No one has mentioned that. For the poor souls racing and seeing the same "Gamertag" pop in and out of your Lobby multiple times while you are trying to race is Frustrating as it Lags sooo bad. I once Wrecked my car at Indy RC because of Lag and lost a 25 second advantage. Lag has also ruined a Qualification lap at Bathurst as I was in the Esses, leaving me Cursing the "SOB" that tried to join for the 3rd time. And these are just the two examples of when I ACCIDENTALLY created a Public Lobby.

Gix916
14-11-2017, 12:58
don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but why do we need to see a project cars logo next to every gamertag online? (we all know we are playing project cars2). Also the Ping thing, probably great when the game was being tested but not really necessary for players to see it as there's not much we can do about it if somebody has a high ping. An option to turn that off and just have the gamertag showing would be nice, at the mo it's all or nothing.

Fyren
14-11-2017, 14:52
Hey guys, i have a question. There are just a few lobbys every day. Never a gt4 lobby and max 8 gt3 lobbys. This cant be everything. Just a few lobbys for whole europe?
And i have sometimes problems to join.

In the networks seetings it is everything ok. So whats wrong with multiplayer?

RookieRaceline
14-11-2017, 15:07
Hey guys, i have a question. There are just a few lobbys every day. Never a gt4 lobby and max 8 gt3 lobbys. This cant be everything. Just a few lobbys for whole europe?

It seems to be more or less dead...
For me, there is more activity at evening times but before 4pm there are mostly none.
Also, people don't want to try out new classes (have set up a few with GT5 and GrA) but nobody joined and the ones who did, left before the race. Maybe they are afraid of the consequences to their driving license?

I would be forced to drive the Ferrari GT3 to regain any of my lost points, but just to be different i stick to the BMW M6 and often lose more than i win, but i just don't want this game to only be Ferrari 488 GT3 at Monza... There is much more once it is more stable online...

bradleyland
14-11-2017, 15:26
The Worst thing about this is the LAG you create for the people racing in the lobby. No one has mentioned that. For the poor souls racing and seeing the same "Gamertag" pop in and out of your Lobby multiple times while you are trying to race is Frustrating as it Lags sooo bad. I once Wrecked my car at Indy RC because of Lag and lost a 25 second advantage. Lag has also ruined a Qualification lap at Bathurst as I was in the Esses, leaving me Cursing the "SOB" that tried to join for the 3rd time. And these are just the two examples of when I ACCIDENTALLY created a Public Lobby.

The next patch is supposed to include some optimizations that should reduce the lag when players join. It can't be eliminated completely (for technical reasons, apparently), but they came up with some ideas about how to reduce it.

GRTfast
14-11-2017, 15:40

I think the issues with it are turning people off from playing. It blows my mind that a game this awesome would only have 20-30 xbox owners playing at one time. I think the game is the most incredible simulator I've every driven, but if they don't get it right, tons and tons of people jump ship before it's optimized. I'd guess that a lot of those people won't come back either, because of the bad taste it left, and because they become invested in other racing games that are more stable, even if they aren't nearly as accurate of a simulator. This bums me out. :(

RookieRaceline
14-11-2017, 15:48
The next patch is supposed to include some optimizations that should reduce the lag when players join. It can't be eliminated completely (for technical reasons, apparently), but they came up with some ideas about how to reduce it.

Wasn't patch 2 also expected to do this?

spudman_2000
14-11-2017, 16:28
At the very least, spectator mode should be disabled completely. In fairness, the vast majority of people want to join a lobby to race, not watch others racing.

RomKnight
14-11-2017, 16:49
But it's needed for esports as well because broadcasters won't occupy a slot in the grid this way which is also particularly important in consoles where the number of participants in lower

RookieRaceline
14-11-2017, 16:54
At the very least, spectator mode should be disabled completely. In fairness, the vast majority of people want to join a lobby to race, not watch others racing.

No no no... Keep it!
But make the lobby list update with the statuses so that they are correct and let us filter by multiple statuses, classes, safety ratings etc..

Benkid
14-11-2017, 19:04
I think the issues with it are turning people off from playing. It blows my mind that a game this awesome would only have 20-30 xbox owners playing at one time. I think the game is the most incredible simulator I've every driven, but if they don't get it right, tons and tons of people jump ship before it's optimized. I'd guess that a lot of those people won't come back either, because of the bad taste it left, and because they become invested in other racing games that are more stable, even if they aren't nearly as accurate of a simulator. This bums me out. :(

I'm guilty of exactly this. I loved the game but couldn't find a match online. Literally finding nobody online. Best I ever had was one lobby. I decided to wait for a patch and try online campaign. For some reason it kept signing me out and kicking me to dashboard in single player. I put the game away and decided to wait for a patch but since then have lost interest in it. I'll probably try get back into it after Christmas.

RookieRaceline
14-11-2017, 20:19
I just spent the evening giving Project Cars a try again, and although i've had a couple of alright races, most of the time i've spent picking and backing off lobbies.

We're basically playing Minesweeper, picking lobbies that are in "Q" and have 10 mins remaining, but once you pick them, they are half way through their 10 lap race. Or the game freezes and loads you back to the home screen.

Just finding a lobby that is actually joinable is a drag, let alone finding one with the right safety rating or with enough drivers to at least have a chance to race with somebody at about your own level.

Rockefelluh
14-11-2017, 23:42
I just spent the evening giving Project Cars a try again, and although i've had a couple of alright races, most of the time i've spent picking and backing off lobbies.

We're basically playing Minesweeper, picking lobbies that are in "Q" and have 10 mins remaining, but once you pick them, they are half way through their 10 lap race. Or the game freezes and loads you back to the home screen.

Just finding a lobby that is actually joinable is a drag, let alone finding one with the right safety rating or with enough drivers to at least have a chance to race with somebody at about your own level.

That's literally been my experience every session since launch.

Interceptor G
15-11-2017, 10:48
Hello, I have made new tread in multiplayer subforum where i will share my xbox online experiences, i figured more people will see it there then here, if someone whats to add some stuff feel free to do so.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57392-My-Online-diary-XBOX-One&p=1422803#post1422803

Memaxndapickel
15-11-2017, 18:11
I thought it was a networking issue, that was only showing a couple lobbies.....please tell me that's not because they are seriously the only ppl on :(

Trabbant
15-11-2017, 21:38
The disconnects are getting worse, how does the technology work? I understand it's P2P but there must be some underlying infrastructure?

Fibre channel broadband and never had so many problems.

GRTfast
15-11-2017, 22:06
I thought it was a networking issue, that was only showing a couple lobbies.....please tell me that's not because they are seriously the only ppl on :(

Sadly, I think the issue is that there are only a handful of people on.

Memaxndapickel
16-11-2017, 13:41
Sadly, I think the issue is that there are only a handful of people on.

Yikes. If that's indeed the case, that's really sad. The games gonna be dead before it ever had a chance. I enjoy the game but I also have taken a lot of upper management courses that taught me a great deal of patience.

I would enjoy the game 99% more with a lot of lobbies to choose from. It needs to be like Forza in that sense, where you can hop on and play any class and have a full game.

BigFred
16-11-2017, 13:52
Yikes. If that's indeed the case, that's really sad. The games gonna be dead before it ever had a chance. I enjoy the game but I also have taken a lot of upper management courses that taught me a great deal of patience.

I would enjoy the game 99% more with a lot of lobbies to choose from. It needs to be like Forza in that sense, where you can hop on and play any class and have a full game.

I think the sales of this game have been poor relative to the previous game. It's always hard to come up with a figure unless the horses mouth wants to speak, but I would guess they are running at 50% of PCars 1 from the public chart data I have seen.

At the current rate I think we will be lucky to get a PCars 3, let alone stuff like rally that people are asking for.

V3nom
16-11-2017, 14:04
Maybe the shouldn't have rushed this game.

goonerjon777
16-11-2017, 14:18

Lag can't be eliminated for technical reasons? Its all technical, but I'd like to know if Forza, GTsports, AC etc suffer from same lag? and if not why not?
A mod said in one of my threads it will be improved not eliminated. Disappointing but even if they cut the lag caused by people leaving the lobby that would be something.

Trabbant
16-11-2017, 15:12
Games like Forza have dedicated server infrastructure. Can't remember the game but Microsoft were quoted as saying they had allocated 10,000 servers just for that one particular game.

300,000 servers in total to support XBOX Live.

Cloud ain't cheap, Amazon Web Services costs a pretty penny but at the end of the day it's what people have come to expect from multiplayer. A seamless experience.

Trabbant
16-11-2017, 15:32
I was watching a youtube video by a committed sim fan, he was saying that if only multiplayer could be fixed he would pay 5 or 10 a month...

That is getting into dangerous territory, we already pay for XBOX Live, if server costs are say, 50k a year, ongoing, then that has to be absorbed by the publisher. Especially for a AAA title.

I hate to say it but I think SMS tried to cut costs in this area by implementing the player hosting model.

Rockefelluh
16-11-2017, 15:45
I think F1 series uses public live servers? I don't think they have dedicated servers.

Trabbant
16-11-2017, 15:51
Whether it's dedicated servers or hosting they will be paying a lot of money to ensure they have what the game needs.

A lot of games are harnessing the power of the cloud, Titanfall sucks up 200mb/hour but a lot of AI computation is done at the server end with the 'results' sent back to the game engine on the box.

BigFred
16-11-2017, 16:06
Maybe the shouldn't have rushed this game.

Although the state (not saying good or bad) of PC2 is going to have an effect on sales, I think the largest effect is actually what happened with PC1. If you are going to use mass market (console sales) to drive development of a sim, you need a mass market layer on top of that sim, and to me that wasn't there in PC1. A lot of people who dipped into PC1 to see what it was about therefore have not gone forward and bought PC2. That's my opinion, I don't know whether this is what actually is happening. I think it is also worth remembering that almost whatever happens with PC2, PC1+PC2 (as a franchise) has been extremely successful for a sim based racer.

Trabbant
16-11-2017, 16:18
Yes, and that requires vision, that even console owners want a proper sim.

Ten years ago sim racing was only for the purists, and required investment.

Now we have a sim on a console...

Moore's Law helps us here. In ten years time things will be so different that we will look back on this with nostalgia and yearn for the days when you had to adapt to technical limitations.

rtazz17
17-11-2017, 03:16
Although the state (not saying good or bad) of PC2 is going to have an effect on sales, I think the largest effect is actually what happened with PC1. If you are going to use mass market (console sales) to drive development of a sim, you need a mass market layer on top of that sim, and to me that wasn't there in PC1. A lot of people who dipped into PC1 to see what it was about therefore have not gone forward and bought PC2. That's my opinion, I don't know whether this is what actually is happening. I think it is also worth remembering that almost whatever happens with PC2, PC1+PC2 (as a franchise) has been extremely successful for a sim based racer.
With all the problems of pc1 and the 30 patches it had in 1.5 yrs and now pc2 with same issues different title I dont see this game ever taking off greatly. So many of the same problems of last game still in this one. Users are not rebuying the same garbage over again. Each new game that they release will mostly be 1st timers buying. There wont be a fan base like forza ever because the game is riddled with bugs since first release and right up to now.

GRTfast
17-11-2017, 12:26
With all the problems of pc1 and the 30 patches it had in 1.5 yrs and now pc2 with same issues different title I dont see this game ever taking off greatly. So many of the same problems of last game still in this one. Users are not rebuying the same garbage over again. Each new game that they release will mostly be 1st timers buying. There wont be a fan base like forza ever because the game is riddled with bugs since first release and right up to now.

Sadly, I tend to agree. The proof is in the pudding as they say. I went online around 7pm eastern time last night and there were less than 20 people playing online...worldwide.

This is a real shame, because the driving experience in the game is mind blowing. If this game would work reliably and correctly, there would be a ton more people playing. The developers nailed to physics and feel of the game, and totally blew the execution of multiplayer. I enjoy the career races, but racing other people is 90% of the reason I have the game. Bummed.

ironik
17-11-2017, 12:39

Online experience was awfull in Forza 3 (or 4, I don't remember. Maybe both), much worse than what we have now in pCARS 2.
Especially with full private lobbies, the one we used for leagues racing.

Froggystomper
17-11-2017, 13:32
Online experience was awfull in Forza 3 (or 4, I don't remember. Maybe both), much worse than what we have now in pCARS 2.
Especially with full private lobbies, the one we used for leagues racing.

It definitely wasn't Forza 4, me and my mates hammered that game for 2 years and never had any issues. Shame Forza's went to hell since then.

Ixoye56
17-11-2017, 15:01
It definitely wasn't Forza 4, me and my mates hammered that game for 2 years and never had any issues. Shame Forza's went to hell since then.

It wasn't Forza 4 for sure, the best experience I ever had online was with that game, yeah it's a shame Forza went to hell after F4.

Rockefelluh
17-11-2017, 15:22
For me, PC1was frustrating not because I couldn't start races, but because disconnects wouldnt let me finish about 10% of them. PC2 is worse because the search for a lobby and to just in to practice or qually is time consuming. And if you do find one, often you are disconnected.

Trabbant
17-11-2017, 17:06
Bell was talking about Papyrus and their netcode, and about their 'Special Sauce'. Grand Prix Legends was indeed a great multiplayer experience, but that was nearly 20 years ago. Before modern game development platforms existed.

As a programmer myself, in the real-time world where there is no room for error, and C++/C#, where testing now consists of using software to test the software and continuous integration people have forgotten the basics.

Testing software is an art, and comes down to basics, boundary analysis, etc.

It needs a cool head to be able to walk in and test the shit out of it and report the problems.

Rockefelluh
17-11-2017, 19:19
Bell was talking about Papyrus and their netcode, and about their 'Special Sauce'. Grand Prix Legends was indeed a great multiplayer experience, but that was nearly 20 years ago. Before modern game development platforms existed.

As a programmer myself, in the real-time world where there is no room for error, and C++/C#, where testing now consists of using software to test the software and continuous integration people have forgotten the basics.

Testing software is an art, and comes down to basics, boundary analysis, etc.

It needs a cool head to be able to walk in and test the shit out of it and report the problems.

That seems contradictory.

Trabbant
17-11-2017, 19:51
Not so, I've worked on loads of testing projects you need to be savvy enough to understand the code and if necessary burrow down and find the bug.

Trabbant
17-11-2017, 21:23
Pay for doing that is 1000 a week.

Roger Prynne
17-11-2017, 21:24
^ How do you know I get paid that amount? ;)

Rockefelluh
19-11-2017, 22:14
Anyone played this weekend and seen an improvement or not?

ChristsChinHair
19-11-2017, 22:39
Yes, no improvement.

RobPhoboS
22-11-2017, 17:24
PC2 is worse because the search for a lobby and to just in to practice or qually is time consuming.

Yep this is possibly one of the main frustrations I have with the game.
But the annoyance of being kicked out into the main menu, then going back in, hitting refresh (doesn't seem to do it straight away), waiting and seeing if anything different crops up.
I played a lot of FM6 online, and that was also equally irritating to join a game, so it's not PC2 specific in that sense.

I love that we can use the right bumper button now to give us a quick overview without joining in.
It's being improved each patch, so that's certainly positive!

bindschadler
23-11-2017, 01:37
I have yet to succeed at getting beyond the second corner of online multiplayer before being disconnected. I can change back to pcars1 and race online for an hour straight with no interruptions. Are connection requirements more stringent for the newer game?

GRTfast
23-11-2017, 03:39
I’ve now done two 30+ lap races in the league I’m in with no issues. Still, public lobbies are problematic.

Gav88888
23-11-2017, 07:57
We tried league racing last night, 14 drivers and spent over 2hrs trying to do a single race when we had 5 planned. We tried private lobbies, public lobbies with a password and open public lobbies and the issue remained the same no matter what we tried. We have had to cancel so many races its beyond a joke now. The guys are spending more time on PC1, AC and F1 now, hardly any races are being setup for PC2 because online is so unstable. If only 2 or 3 people go into a private lobby it works fine, I have spent hours playing online by myself in a private lobby just to test it. Hopefully Patch 3.0 will fix this.

Youngbumpy
02-12-2017, 20:26
My search for help with joining vs spectating lobbies led me here. I didn't think it was a bug, I thought I was misunderstanding the lobby UI.

Game is still amazing, just waiting on the patch for online play

DECATUR PLAYA
03-12-2017, 01:43
We tried league racing last night, 14 drivers and spent over 2hrs trying to do a single race when we had 5 planned. We tried private lobbies, public lobbies with a password and open public lobbies and the issue remained the same no matter what we tried. We have had to cancel so many races its beyond a joke now. The guys are spending more time on PC1, AC and F1 now, hardly any races are being setup for PC2 because online is so unstable. If only 2 or 3 people go into a private lobby it works fine, I have spent hours playing online by myself in a private lobby just to test it. Hopefully Patch 3.0 will fix this.

It is really unstable right now. I'm confident it will get better after the patch. I think it was better before the last patch released.

CourtStreetRecording
03-12-2017, 02:09
Clear simple and plain for the devs - The Lobby status/info does not accurately reflect the racing situation/conditions you are about to enter. I right bumper every race I'm interested in entering only to find a whole different situation once I join. It just feels broken.

Rockefelluh
09-12-2017, 05:04
Patch 3.0 try.

4 events:
1. Joined a qaully, gained 2nd position. Once everyone finished, game was stuck on post quallification screen. Had to return to race central.
2. host migration error kicks all but 1.
3. Tried another qualifying, this time worked. Just 2 people in the race (only 2 in lobby). Their car was stuttering forward and backward.
4. Jumped in to lobby and joined practice or qualifying (can't remember). Game crashed.

Small sample size but not much has changed since months ago.247114

Ian Bell
09-12-2017, 05:53
There'll be some issues until everyone is on the same patch. This should resolve itself quickly.

RookieRaceline
09-12-2017, 06:04
I really think that the public lobbies were messed yesterday...

I spent the most of the evening trying to get into a lobby, but i either couldn't connect to the server, the session was stuck on a result screen or the game would crash while loading the session (besides not being able to see what lobbies were actually joinable)

There is a new rule in patch 3 that you can't join a lobby during the last 3 or 5 minutes of the qualifying, but i think the list of lobbies does not filter those out, so although its a great idea, the over all experience of using the lobbies interface has gotten worse.

EDIT: I should stop opening threads in new tabs and replying before i update.... Thanks for the update Ian!

Rockefelluh
09-12-2017, 06:27
There'll be some issues until everyone is on the same patch. This should resolve itself quickly.

Isn't it the case everyone needs to update to latest patch before going online?

Ian Bell
09-12-2017, 06:53
Isn't it the case everyone needs to update to latest patch before going online?

No, although I think we should mandate that in future.

It's not so easy though. We legally can't deny those with limited access to a network, game functionality. That includes online...

Rockefelluh
09-12-2017, 13:59

It's not so easy though. We legally can't deny those with limited access to a network, game functionality. That includes online...

On Xbox the system prompts you to update when you start a game, and it will say the "You can play the game without the update, but it must be offline" or something to that effect. I've never been able to play a game online without updating first.

Sgt Formula 1
09-12-2017, 22:15
You could always try joining my thing: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57093-BabyFormula-Fall-Championship-NEXT-ROUND-5

That way you know exactly what's it's going to be. There are only 2 rounds left but I'm definitely going to make another open wheel season of some sort after this. We have a great group of racers so far and I'm learning a lot from them!

HenTheKing
09-12-2017, 22:57
Eurgh, this game.

You were disconnected from the multiplayer session. Exiting session.

That and when can I join a lobby that’s not already racing????

The basic crap in this game is brilliant, but the basic game is crap. Ban me if you want, but joining a single lobby should not take the best part of an hour. The lobby system on Xbox is unusable, like totally. Use it yourselves!!!!

I love the game and have less and less faith.

Please. Make it playable and easy to race. If it’s not then it’s as good as dead. I’m already seeing the same old same old in the same fucking lobby’s that I can’t join.

Same in Pcars1 and it seems it’s the same with this one.

Oh, fuck Forza.

Schadows
10-12-2017, 00:13

It's not so easy though. We legally can't deny those with limited access to a network, game functionality. That includes online...I always found "funny" the fact that if you don't update your console, you could loose some functionalities, especially online.
Glad to see pcars don't force you to be up to date (especially since some patches are very large and might require several hours of download depending on some connection which is always a shame when you want to play now), but indeed, the game should probably restrict you to see sessions running the same patch version, with maybe a reminder on top of the list if you're not running with the latest version.

Rockefelluh
10-12-2017, 00:23
I always found "funny" the fact that if you don't update your console, you could loose some functionalities, especially online.
Glad to see pcars don't force you to be up to date (especially since some patches are very large and might require several hours of download depending on some connection which is always a shame when you want to play now), but indeed, the game should probably restrict you to see sessions running the same patch version, with maybe a reminder on top of the list if you're not running with the latest version.

PCARS doesn't. Microsoft does. And why is it funny? Many updates involve car tweaking so it would be understandable yo make sure everyone is on the software racing online?

Schadows
11-12-2017, 16:21
You missed my point, I was complaining about console manufacturer forcing you to upgrade unless you cant to give up some functionalities, not about pcars not forcing the players.
I

Werdpc
12-12-2017, 08:25
I've got an idea! Let's make a racing game with great physics, an awesome night and day cycle, the best weather system, the most real world tracks, lots of really cool racing cars new and classic. Then we will develop a hardcore following of racing game fans that like to race clean and truly enjoy and appreciate all the realism and detail that we put in this game. They would probably like to race against each other...so we will come with a good licence system that encourages players to race clean and considerate. That way there won't be a bunch of assholes ramming other players and ruining there online experience. Just pure racing goodness. Brilliant!
But our multiplayer won't actually work! We will make it so they will only be able to join maybe half of the lobbies. Of those half we will make sure all the info about the status of the lobby is wrong. So, they will wither back out and attempt to join other lobbies or wait until the race is over so they can get in the next race. But thats not all! Our players will probably want to practice or qualify so let's give them about a 50/50 chance of making it through without disconnection. Of the other 50% they will qualify, on podium, maybe even 1st! The race will start and the player will get a great launch and be 10 car lengths ahead by the second corner. All he has to do is race clean and he will get the win for sure....! Then...BAM! Disconnected! To top it off, we will take away a bunch of there skill points! Now we have completely wasted at least a hour of someone's life! Then the process will start all over again. It will be the prank of the century!!! Brilliant!

Sorry but that's how I feel right now. 8 hrs of trying to play my "favorite" racing game online, maybe 3 races completed. I have good Internet, xbox is hard wired. So dissappointed. I really don't want to go back to forza but I don't know if I have much choice at this point. Please get your multiplayer together sms. I'm losing all hope...

RobPhoboS
12-12-2017, 11:50
Just create a lobby if you're struggling and ensure you increase the minimum racing licence to avoid dummies.
Up the practice time a bit and just launch it.

The only thing I'm finding a bit annoying is that the status of the race being played is 50-50 right or wrong.
Apologies if I've missed why that is still happening but I've not experienced that with any other game before.

The updates the guys have made are really helpful now, and for me at least the last part to sort out is just the correct status of the lobby.

CRace44
13-12-2017, 03:27
Absolutely love Pcars 2, but the online portion has been very hit or miss the past two nights. Taking forever to load, timing out, or dropping games. The other issue I had tonight was no license points counting. Had a decent race and finished 2nd, no contact, beating drivers with higher ranks than mine, but no points whatsoever. I have good internet and a wired connection, too.

Rockefelluh
13-12-2017, 07:12
Just create a lobby if you're struggling and ensure you increase the minimum racing licence to avoid dummies.
Up the practice time a bit and just launch it.

The only thing I'm finding a bit annoying is that the status of the race being played is 50-50 right or wrong.
Apologies if I've missed why that is still happening but I've not experienced that with any other game before.

The updates the guys have made are really helpful now, and for me at least the last part to sort out is just the correct status of the lobby.

What issue are you trying to solve? I don't know what that solution is trying to remedy.

Your second issue you mentioned I have not seen any explanation or update from anyone.

AnThMaN
14-12-2017, 18:09
I've had this game since launch and never been in an online race yet... always get kicked lol wtf?

Rockefelluh
21-12-2017, 23:14
Haven't had a chance to play since the day after Patch 3.0 launched. Anyone seen an improvement in online connection? It was suggested that the disconnect issues would get better as the patch roles to more people. However, I don't think anyone can play online without the latest patch on Xbox, so I suspect connection issues will persist.

Dynomight Motorsports
22-12-2017, 00:41
Tried to run an ONLINE CHAMPIONSHIP last night and we could literally not get more than 10 people in the lobby. We had 12 show up and each time we tried to progress to the Session, two people would be Disconnected. There were multiple instances where the people that were invited could not get the car that they were designated.
Its not an Xbox Live thing... there are plenty of games where I can max out the Multiplayer lobby and have no issues. This game is so unstable its just not fun to play anymore. I'm about to just bin it and never come back to the game. I was hoping things would change after the patch but it almost seems worse. I think its a joke to offer DLC's for a game that doesn't even function properly, and I won't drop another dime until it works. PCars 1 worked better than this game.. I just don't get it...

Rockefelluh
22-12-2017, 05:03
Tried to run an ONLINE CHAMPIONSHIP last night and we could literally not get more than 10 people in the lobby. We had 12 show up and each time we tried to progress to the Session, two people would be Disconnected. There were multiple instances where the people that were invited could not get the car that they were designated.
Its not an Xbox Live thing... there are plenty of games where I can max out the Multiplayer lobby and have no issues. This game is so unstable its just not fun to play anymore. I'm about to just bin it and never come back to the game. I was hoping things would change after the patch but it almost seems worse. I think its a joke to offer DLC's for a game that doesn't even function properly, and I won't drop another dime until it works. PCars 1 worked better than this game.. I just don't get it...

I figured you'd be a good barometer for this issue. Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your championship. A bummer to plan things, only to not be able to run it.

Dynomight Motorsports
23-12-2017, 19:45
Yeah we have to split the room into two classes AM and PRO and that kind of stinks because we only have 4-5 Pro Drivers actually show up because so many people are just sick of trying to connect with this game and its bugs. Running 90 minute races you almost always have to change tires as we run 2017 summer dates and many are still getting Tire Pressure Bugs when they change tires, provided they can even get into the session with the correct car. It's absolutely MADDENING How frustrating Multiplayer is. And yet it seems there is a very nonchalant approach or lack of acknowledgement that there is even an issue with Multiplayer from the developers.

Its so very easy to deflect the issue to Xbox Live, but the funny thing is there isn't even this many issues with Project Cars 1, much less any other game out there, and I'm pretty sure we're not the only platform to have issues with multiplayer.

RobPhoboS
05-01-2018, 12:28
What issue are you trying to solve? I don't know what that solution is trying to remedy.

Sorry man, it was in response to the post by Werdpc above my one.

Just coming back to this thread rather than starting anything new.
Is there any word at all on having the correct information stated in lobbies ?

It's almost like the persons xbox hosting a race isn't updating the PC2 network or something like that.

I know I'm stating the obvious here but at the moment it's a complete lottery whether the information is correct, or utterly different to what I thought I was joining before the odd network problems (being kicked/hanging).
Then once getting into the lobby a lot of the time the information is still wrong or it loads immediately into qualifying and it's not the class or track it said it was.
I presume when quitting from that my points take a hit ?

As I said previously, I like that they are making improvements to the multiplayer which is massively appreciated, just that these seem to be the main 2 problems now that's the first point of contact before getting into the actual game/race itself. I'm praying it's being looked at :eagerness:.

It's weird as multiplayer itself can be the absolute best or worst of experiences depending on the drivers there, or how badly I drive :D

Dynomight Motorsports
06-01-2018, 01:27
The Powers that be, haven't addressed or acknowledged any issues with Multiplayer. Perhaps they don't exist. Instead they want to focus on Track Limits and such.

Every company has their thing.. NASCAR Heat may be Simpleton's version of a Racing game, but its fun. The the Dev's ( 704Games ) are always quick to acknowledge issues and tell the community they are working on fixes. I still have high hopes for this game I think it has the potential to be brilliant if Multiplayer and a few little quirky bugs can be worked out.

mulch
06-01-2018, 02:18
I have had P2 for almost a month now and having sorted most everything out and able to turn safe laps I tried to venture online last night for the first time.
I selected a race with 11/16 drivers that was in the "L" state (I think Lobby). When I joined it started to connect, then dropped me. I forget the error but it had to do with not being authorized or invalid... I was going to try again but that race had disappeared from the list which I found odd. Maybe the race had already completed but it was still listed for me?? Not sure. Just reporting what happened. Cheers,

msmith792
06-01-2018, 04:12
Did my first race in a long time today online. Besides tire smoke bug and flickering shadows in vr I started the race with a 15 second penalty on the formation lap because the two guys in front of me dropped but the game couldn’t figure that out. After the race started I got dq’d when the guy in front of me spun and I went wide to avoid hitting him. I was told to give back the spot but he crashed out so I was dq’d.

Let’s just say not the best experience I’ve had. Hopefully these things are all addressed soon. This sim has incredible potential.

Rockefelluh
06-01-2018, 16:28
Did my first race in a long time today online. Besides tire smoke bug and flickering shadows in vr I started the race with a 15 second penalty on the formation lap because the two guys in front of me dropped but the game couldn’t figure that out. After the race started I got dq’d when the guy in front of me spun and I went wide to avoid hitting him. I was told to give back the spot but he crashed out so I was dq’d.

Let’s just say not the best experience I’ve had. Hopefully these things are all addressed soon. This sim has incredible potential.

Sounds and looks like you're on PC? You're posting in the Xbox section.

Dynomight Motorsports
09-01-2018, 02:40
besides the PC thing.. I guess we aren't the only ones experiencing problems... We know the Devs read this crap, and yet we can't get a message saying "Hey guys we know there is an issue and we are working on it :surprise:" At least when I see the Wookie, I feel more like a valued customer. :p

CRace44
10-01-2018, 02:04
Multiplayer, or the lack thereof, has been reallllly bad lately. Internet is running like a champ; It's the game. Lobbies don't refresh and show what actual series, laps, current session, car class, track, you name it, entering a lobby is like entering a blind lottery, you don't know what you're going to get. The other thing as just getting into races. I spent an hour getting no further than loading screens tonight. This is getting very, very old. What's a shame about it is that the game is very good. If it sucked, I'd just say enough is enough and move on. Bottom line is that it has got to be addressed before too many people lose faith and jump ship.

bico7
11-01-2018, 07:45
horrible multiplayer: impossible enter a room
terrible career mode: win all the races then tells you have lost...
awful: drop of frame rate

We all have to move to another sim race, bye bye SlightyMad

nissan4ever
11-01-2018, 08:05
horrible multiplayer: impossible enter a room
terrible career mode: win all the races then tells you have lost...
awful: drop of frame rate

We all have to move to another sim race, bye bye SlightyMad

Unfortunately, you haven't experienced this game on a Xbox One X. If you played this on the X. The framerate doesn't drop.

Lakiboom
11-01-2018, 08:45
Any information when will be the next patch available? When will we can get full lobby with 16 players?