PDA

View Full Version : Screen going into screen saver mode during play

Linx
27-09-2017, 18:35
I know this isn't a Pcars issue as much as it is a Xbox one. During game play, using a wheel, the screen will go into screen saver mode. Meaning the screen gets darker and only goes back to regular if I reach over to the controller and move a stick or press a button. This is a problem when you're in a heated race and reaching to the controller can sometimes throw you off. Does anyone know a way to stop this from happening?

Flanimal
27-09-2017, 22:44
This happens if your controller is on battery power (wireless) and has no input for about 15 minutes. You need to have a USB cable connected to it. This should solve the problem.
Hope this helps n

JasonSandwich
27-09-2017, 22:55
Try turning on the Xbox and starting the game with the wheel. If your profile is assigned to the wheel as a controller first, the wheel will determine when things are inactive.

Linx
28-09-2017, 18:34
This happens if your controller is on battery power (wireless) and has no input for about 15 minutes. You need to have a USB cable connected to it. This should solve the problem.
Hope this helps n
I tried this last night and it didn't work. But I'm wondering if it's because I plugged it in a USB hub since I have the wheel to plug in as well. But thank you

Linx
28-09-2017, 18:40
Try turning on the Xbox and starting the game with the wheel. If your profile is assigned to the wheel as a controller first, the wheel will determine when things are inactive.
I've been running into funny issues with this. When I first got the game I was able to do this. But lately, I can turn on the box by powering the wheel. After that I can't navigate around until I get to the game start screen, at which I press the A button the wheel which puts me in the game. But it then goes to the profile selection and I have to use the controller to select the profile. Once I do then I can use all functions of the wheel from there

Pbucko
28-09-2017, 19:09
as flanimal says, if you got one use a plug and play lead on controller, 100% fix, or get a wireless headset and leave the controller off. Its the inactivity of the controller that causes it.