PDA

View Full Version : In Quick race all cars feel totally different to testing?

TS040 Sparky
27-09-2017, 19:20
Is it me or do the cars in Quick race feel completely lethargic than say testing or career mode? PCARS 1 was the same also, like the cars are completely different to what they are online or just testing by yourself? Iím on Xbox One S unsure if anyone else has the same issue or just me? (I know a friend has said the same thing).

Iíve tried both pad and wheel, both feel different when in Quick race both feel sluggish.

Alan Dallas
27-09-2017, 19:25
No noticeable difference to me. Especially when I tweak and tune my setups(both a Qual and Race setup) in Private practice and use them in Quick Race sessions. I always disable practice sessions in quick races.

TS040 Sparky
27-09-2017, 20:03
No noticeable difference to me. Especially when I tweak and tune my setups(both a Qual and Race setup) in Private practice and use them in Quick Race sessions. I always disable practice sessions in quick races.

Thatís odd. But on both PCARS & PCARS 2 the Cars feel so different in quick race compared to other modes.

IJOJOI
27-09-2017, 20:07
Well because you have warm tires and a rubbed in racetrack in quickrace ;)

TS040 Sparky
27-09-2017, 20:28

Yeah no....doesn’t feel like that. I know what am saying, the cars in quick race feel sluggish and am not the only who has said that on XBOX. Unsure about PC or PS4.

PeteUplink
27-09-2017, 20:41

Do we have a rubbered in track in a quick race? Doesn't feel like that to me. At Silverstone, for example, the AI are way quicker and have more grip than me in a 1 hour endurance race setup by the quick race menu. Takes a good 20 minutes before I've got enough grip to give me the confidence to push in the fast bends. Once past the 30 minutes mark I'm normally faster than the AI. But until then it's sliding around and understeer city.

JDFSSS
27-09-2017, 20:55
Check the weather (not just clear/overcast/rain, but air temp and track temp as well) when comparing career mode to your quick race, it can make a big difference.

TS040 Sparky
27-09-2017, 21:07
Do we have a rubbered in track in a quick race? Doesn't feel like that to me. At Silverstone, for example, the AI are way quicker and have more grip than me in a 1 hour endurance race setup by the quick race menu. Takes a good 20 minutes before I've got enough grip to give me the confidence to push in the fast bends. Once past the 30 minutes mark I'm normally faster than the AI. But until then it's sliding around and understeer city.

Finally someone else with my sort of issue (within QUICK race only lol)

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 21:21
Do we have a rubbered in track in a quick race?

IIRC, and Casey or Jussi may drop into to correct me, Quick Race does have rubber on the track, but not a the level of Time Trial. So more than Private Practice but less than Time Trial. Keep in mind, time of day, day of year, etc all play a role in how the track feels.

DECATUR PLAYA
27-09-2017, 21:28
Is it me or do the cars in Quick race feel completely lethargic than say testing or career mode? PCARS 1 was the same also, like the cars are completely different to what they are online or just testing by yourself? Iím on Xbox One S unsure if anyone else has the same issue or just me? (I know a friend has said the same thing).

Iíve tried both pad and wheel, both feel different when in Quick race both feel sluggish.

Check your fuel. May be a glitch but online after qualifying the fuel goes back to a full tank. If your running low fuel all that extra fuel will make the car feel sluggish.

TS040 Sparky
27-09-2017, 21:29
Check your fuel. May be a glitch but online after qualifying the fuel goes back to a full tank. If your running low fuel all that extra fuel will make the car feel sluggish.

always start light 30L.

koly
27-09-2017, 21:51
i play only quick race, so i don't know, but it's awesome !!! i love road cars !

PeteUplink
27-09-2017, 22:20
IIRC, and Casey or Jussi may drop into to correct me, Quick Race does have rubber on the track, but not a the level of Time Trial. So more than Private Practice but less than Time Trial. Keep in mind, time of day, day of year, etc all play a role in how the track feels.

So far I've always raced in summer conditions at 13:00. Aside from two races where I went from wet to dry and dry to wet.

DECATUR PLAYA
28-09-2017, 00:33
always start light 30L.

Like I said this for online but check it right before you start your race. I run 15L for qualifying but after qualifying the fuel changes back to 60L on its on. It's only the fuel that changes in the setup.

pbsmgm
30-09-2017, 23:59
Is it me or do the cars in Quick race feel completely lethargic than say testing or career mode? PCARS 1 was the same also, like the cars are completely different to what they are online or just testing by yourself? I’m on Xbox One S unsure if anyone else has the same issue or just me? (I know a friend has said the same thing).

I’ve tried both pad and wheel, both feel different when in Quick race both feel sluggish.

Absolutely, I feel the sluggishness too on an awesome PC using the Win10 version of PCars2. It's really weird because I drove the Porsche GT3 R around Long Beach for 30 laps and didn't feel it at all. Then I got into the C7R at Watkins Glen and totally feel this weird sluggishness. So I got back into the Porsche at Watkins Glen and felt it with the Porsche too. There is clearly something wrong because the car is clearly not even revving to the red line. There is absolutely an issue here.

Mad Al
01-10-2017, 00:11
Pull up the telemetry and see how much power you are losing due to elevation...

Jezza819
01-10-2017, 01:33

I think I've felt the same thing. I first tried Formula Renault at Catalyuna GP in a quick race strictly on defaults and the car didn't seem to want to turn. My lap times were in the mid 1:50's. Went into testing, changed the steering ratio down and ran in the 1:30's, car felt much tighter. Went back into quick race again and it was like nothing changed. Still didn't want to turn and I think my fastest lap was 1:50 or 1:51. But I checked the setup before I started and my changes were there so I don't know why the car is still that bad.

TS040 Sparky
01-10-2017, 02:03
I think I've felt the same thing. I first tried Formula Renault at Catalyuna GP in a quick race strictly on defaults and the car didn't seem to want to turn. My lap times were in the mid 1:50's. Went into testing, changed the steering ratio down and ran in the 1:30's, car felt much tighter. Went back into quick race again and it was like nothing changed. Still didn't want to turn and I think my fastest lap was 1:50 or 1:51. But I checked the setup before I started and my changes were there so I don't know why the car is still that bad.

Glad it’s not just me then!

pbsmgm
01-10-2017, 02:34
There is clearly sluggishness because even when I start the race well and get in the lead and run very consistent laps without errors, all of sudden a few laps in I feel the sluggishness and see the AI cars behind me creeping up faster and faster to then blow by me because there is just no power. I thought maybe it was because I had full mechanical damage on and maybe I was red lining too much and was hurting the engine or something. But then I turned it down a notch and still experience the same thing while being very cognizant of my red line to make certain no engine damage is causing the issue. It's not the amount of fuel either. I am always down around 20L to keep the weight down and still have the issue. I'm on an awesome PC using the Win10 ver of PCars2.

TooMuchCyanide
01-10-2017, 05:29
On Xbox One, I don't have these problems racing with a smaller grid of AI (say 10 AI). Perhaps the console is struggling to run with a full grid?

Jezza819
01-10-2017, 06:39
On Xbox One, I don't have these problems racing with a smaller grid of AI (say 10 AI). Perhaps the console is struggling to run with a full grid?

I'm not running a full grid. I only run 23 opponents.

Peally
06-10-2017, 13:05
Was going to post a thread on this as well. I also noticed that while the cars drove beautifully in testing and time trials in a quick race it was literally like driving in Matrix bullet time. Unfortunately I also found that this is related to a large-ish grid size as races against 5 opponents last night worked just fine without the bizarre sluggish handling and overheating issues. It's like the game goes to slow motion but certain things keep running near normal speed (your steering wheel will turn normally but clearly the tires are turning in slow motion). It makes it pretty hard to tell when it's the game or car setup causing issues.

It's quite a bizarre approach to what I'm assuming is throttling so the game runs smoothly. My frame rate is still near 60 in any situation, and frankly if the game can't run what I have set I'd rather the frame rate plummet so I can tell if there's an issue in the first place and adjust settings accordingly.

If anyone thinks of a solution I'm all ears, despite many odd issues the game is otherwise extremely entertaining.

moustace
06-10-2017, 13:33
Reduce the number of opponents. If five feels fine but 23 feels sluggish, then that's the problem.

Peally
06-10-2017, 14:17
Logically, yes. Practically, that's probably a temporary solution as the game is still running along butter smooth which indicates it may not be hardware related.

justonce68
06-10-2017, 14:25
If you run a grid over around 16, its noticeable and everything slows down, this i would imagine is to do with the capabilities of the xbox, i have this issue also.
A totally seperate issue where the car feels good in free practice, but the FFB is terrible in races, is a down to a wheel bug i believe, i cant comment for controller though.

Jezza819
06-10-2017, 15:56
If you run a grid over around 16, its noticeable and everything slows down, this i would imagine is to do with the capabilities of the xbox, i have this issue also.
A totally seperate issue where the car feels good in free practice, but the FFB is terrible in races, is a down to a wheel bug i believe, i cant comment for controller though.

I'm going to try the smaller grid and see what happens. If it makes that Nissan GTR GT3 suddenly driveable then I think you are correct. I can't try it until Sunday evening after I get back from Road Atlanta. I also went ahead and preordered the Xbox One X because I kind of also think the game is struggling on the current Xbox One.

pbsmgm
07-10-2017, 15:13
It's not just an xbox issue. I have an i7-6850/32GB RAM/GTX1080/M.2 c drive and even with 8 opponents, there is a sluggish problem. I don't feel it at Long Beach in the C7R. But if I go to Spa or Watkins Glen with the same setup and C7R, I get a lot of sluggishness.

Jezza819
09-10-2017, 00:43

Thanks for this suggestion. Today for the first time I ran a 15 car AI field and while I can still feel it, it's toned down a lot and at least the cars I was having trouble with I can now drive. Hopefully when the Xbox One X comes out we can go back to a higher grid count and these types of problems will go away.

justonce68
09-10-2017, 15:39
Thanks for this suggestion. Today for the first time I ran a 15 car AI field and while I can still feel it, it's toned down a lot and at least the cars I was having trouble with I can now drive. Hopefully when the Xbox One X comes out we can go back to a higher grid count and these types of problems will go away.

Preordered mine too, i personally think the current xbox will never be capable of running this game smoothly.

kevin kirk
09-10-2017, 18:53
there is a issue on controller that a any grid over 16 cars the car become unable to drive in a straight line. There is a thread about it over on the xbox side of the forum. I have tested this every which way and once over 16 cars the handling changes during straight aways and the car will jerk left and right one the straight aways. Some cars that jerk is more than others and some just wonder let and right and some gets worse as the tires get wear and full load drops. It incredibly frustrating and I cant wait until they fix it. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51707-Can-t-get-the-car-to-stay-straight-(controller)

Jezza819
09-10-2017, 21:21
there is a issue on controller that a any grid over 16 cars the car become unable to drive in a straight line. There is a thread about it over on the xbox side of the forum. I have tested this every which way and once over 16 cars the handling changes during straight aways and the car will jerk left and right one the straight aways. Some cars that jerk is more than others and some just wonder let and right and some gets worse as the tires get wear and full load drops. It incredibly frustrating and I cant wait until they fix it. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51707-Can-t-get-the-car-to-stay-straight-(controller)

Ah ok, so that's the wandering issue thing too. I tested a car at Bathurst and going up the Mountain Straight it tracked fine. In the race it wanted to move back and forth on the same part of the track.

dault3883
09-10-2017, 21:32
Ah ok, so that's the wandering issue thing too. I tested a car at Bathurst and going up the Mountain Straight it tracked fine. In the race it wanted to move back and forth on the same part of the track.

is this a problem with just controler or wheel too because iv not been having this problem

Jezza819
10-10-2017, 02:56
is this a problem with just controler or wheel too because iv not been having this problem

I've got a wheel and I've got it. Now you're on PC so it could be just another Xbox problem. Like I said I noticed it when I tried to race the Ferrari 488 GT3 in a 23 car field at Bathurst. Going up the Mountain Straight the front end just wanted to move from side to side a little. Going back and testing the car by itself on that track and it didn't do that.

justonce68
10-10-2017, 10:15
Most of the GT3 Cars are, not exactly undriveable, but very close to uncontrollable in a larger field with any track combination, either on wheel or controller , the Ferrari 488 seems to handle this the best, currently.
And that is why most multi player races contain a large proportion of 488's.

Peally
12-10-2017, 03:01
It may have been the recent patch, but in addition to sluggish gameplay I'm now noticing you get a random massive fast forward speed boost when... maybe the CPU catches up or something? Tried 16 GTE cars on Long Beach and Spa and had it happen in both races where before it was just slow. You're just driving along in a suspiciously slow motion car, and all of a sudden for a half second the game snaps to warp speed (or at least it feels like it after the driving in molasses mode for a sector) which typically results in an oh crap moment as you correct for it. All at 60 frames.

With that random uncertainty of handling the game is physically impossible to play outside of time trials, so I guess it's time to bench it on the shelf until a couple months of patches go through. Back to nursing my sad HAAS in F1 for now!

dault3883
12-10-2017, 03:15
It may have been the recent patch, but in addition to sluggish gameplay I'm now noticing you get a random massive fast forward speed boost when... maybe the CPU catches up or something? Tried 16 GTE cars on Long Beach and Spa and had it happen in both races where before it was just slow. You're just driving along in a suspiciously slow motion car, and all of a sudden for a half second the game snaps to warp speed (or at least it feels like it after the driving in molasses mode for a sector) which typically results in an oh crap moment as you correct for it. All at 60 frames.

With that random uncertainty of handling the game is physically impossible to play outside of time trials, so I guess it's time to bench it on the shelf until a couple months of patches go through. Back to nursing my sad HAAS in F1 for now!

i had this happen too and it messed up the indy oval cars

Tonymeister
12-10-2017, 09:35
I've definitely felt the difference between private testing and racing, but as many have said, that could be due to any number of different circumstances; fuel load, altitude, rubber on track, temperatures and so on.

What's a bigger worry for me is that I can feel a HUGE difference in the car between qualifying and the race in almost every race mode (online, career or quick race). I tend to do full practice and qualifying sessions, so I have a lot of confidence going into the race, and then the car feels like it's driving on knackered tyres in the race - understeer, oversteer, locking up all over the place.

I understand that fuel loads vary and that could account for understeer or locking up, but surely not oversteer - the car is physically heavier, so it should be easier on traction, not harder.

Peally
12-10-2017, 12:59
At first I thought so too but with the warping it's definitely a comical bug, it happens even with extremely similar car setups and track conditions across the board. The game simply randomly massively slogs down.

ETA: Just another note that on my end I now notice this even with 2 other AI on the track, in case anyone is curious for whatever reason. Still seems to be a game thing vs performance thing.