PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster ferrari 458 wheel problems

FTW Leceur
27-09-2017, 19:28
Ok I am having 2 problems regularly.

1: when exiting some corners the game doesn't register I am full throttle. It just hangs at a certain amount fo revs and all of a sudden kicks in again. Happenes on various tracks and not always.

2: on Brands hatch, when I brake for a certain corner, you can see the tail lights and the car does slow down, but the sound is as if you are still full throttle. Video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuxaPEyz60RXjExaprat4UqgIBcS

FTW Leceur
27-09-2017, 22:06
An other nice example where the game doesn't register the wheel input correctly. Listen good to the clip. I turn the car into a left corner and I am full throttle coming out of it. You will hear the car is half throttle for a second or 2, and then all of a sudden kicks in full throttle!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuxaPEyz60RXjE3HZ7R-stVpBIOz

Mon Pavion
29-09-2017, 16:22
Hmm...thats weird. i have the same wheel (TX version w/Force feedback) and havent run into anything like this.

FTW Leceur
29-09-2017, 16:27
Might have something to do with the preview version on xbox one I am running.....???

Still also,having problems with various cars (like the Clio) where if I let go of the throttle (not even braking) the rear end just slides out and no way to catch it and all sorts of strange sounds glitches.

MXR SMILER
29-09-2017, 16:49
I kinda get what you're saying. I jumped in the Clio and did find it a bit tail happy but not completely different from PC1. Used to RWD I struggle when I drive FWD, but with practice and some toonin it soon falls into place for me. Really quite enjoy the Clio but find it fairly challenging given the change of drive and the need to drive 'differently'. It doesn't feel 'wrong' to me. I have only done a few laps in it and vaguely remember pops and gurgles but that may have been the dog....
Maybe there is a generous contributor out there who can tell us how best to control our rear ends, me and mr FTW....

VelvetTorpedo
29-09-2017, 16:55
Nicolas Hamilton who races in the Clio Cup series gave the OK for this car in game, so you cant get a better recommendation than that.
He states that the first few laps in this car are like driving on ice.

Clio's are skaty, just the nature of the beast. You can stiffen up the deceleration lock on the differential to help hold the rear more in line, but it's definitely a throttle-steer car from my experience.

Froggystomper
03-10-2017, 12:01
I also get the sticking throttle issue intermittently. I'm using a Thrustmaster TX.

aelson.guerra
04-10-2017, 19:39
Ok I am having 2 problems regularly.

1: when exiting some corners the game doesn't register I am full throttle. It just hangs at a certain amount fo revs and all of a sudden kicks in again. Happenes on various tracks and not always.

2: on Brands hatch, when I brake for a certain corner, you can see the tail lights and the car does slow down, but the sound is as if you are still full throttle. Video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuxaPEyz60RXjExaprat4UqgIBcS

I have a Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel and noted some random events where my car just "lose power" even on full throttle, I just thought it is some kind of punishment or even a car malfunction (because of realistic options).
But based on your description, maybe can be a bug.