PDA

View Full Version : Dolby Digital 5.1 - not getting sound out of my center channel?

Unclehubb
27-09-2017, 19:32
I'm not getting 5.1 sound from PC2 ... nothing out of the center channel - and help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Logsi
28-09-2017, 09:47
The entire 5.1 mix for me is dreadful.

Everything is very quiet in general and the mix is all over the place.

Have you tried a Radical? Impossible to drive with as your own engine is silent compared to everything else. Compare that to the Cayman GT4 and it's totally different with sound from the engine being very prominent.

They have pushed rear engined cars to your surround speakers hard but in my opinion it just doesn't work as intended.

Start up Project Cars 1 and it's a night and day difference.

I'm playing in cockpit view so you should be getting a much more balanced sound.

Erwin Berkers
28-09-2017, 18:09
I'm not getting 5.1 sound from PC2 ... nothing out of the center channel - and help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Do have your 5.1-set directly connected to the optical out of the PS4 or routed via your TV/monitor?

Stevefoz
29-09-2017, 01:27
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but Does anyone know how to get the crew chief’s voice when using a wireless headset on PS4, my set up is : steelseries p800 using optical and sound set to chat in ps4 device menu.
Im playing with a T300 and I have the DS4 switched off .
It’s not a problem I get with and other game including dirt series which use a co driver.
Thanks for any help.

Logsi
29-09-2017, 09:19
Do have your 5.1-set directly connected to the optical out of the PS4 or routed via your TV/monitor?

I can't speak for Unclehubb but I'm going into a AV Receiver from the PS4 Pro via HDMI. Linear PCM.

Unclehubb
29-09-2017, 15:26
Update: I'm running my PS4 Linear PCM to my Pioneer Elite reciever - I am getting sound from the center channel only if I use the chase cam. I prefer the bumper cam - which unfortunately in my car of choice (Audi R8 LMS GT3) puts the engine sounds in the rear surround channels.

I don't like this - I want to hear the engine!

Unclehubb
29-09-2017, 15:28
I'm also using a T300RS - if I plug my earpiece into the dualshock controller I get the crew chief there instead of coming out of the small speaker in the controller. Problem is my dualshock shuts down after 10 minutes unless I het a button on there.

Stevefoz
29-09-2017, 16:00
I think In your case you can go into the power saving settings in the PS4 and change the length of Time which you would like the DS4 to switch off, what I need is when the DS4 is not being used is to get the crew chief and game audio in my headset by default like every other game on PS4 !. I seem to remember having the same problem in project cars 1.
I remember GTA 5 when the phone rang it came through the DS4 speaker but that game had an option in the menu to turn it off and have it in the headset but I can’t find it in PC2.

chops13
30-09-2017, 04:14
The sound mixing in this game is a real disaster in general. Levels too low, fidelity low, mixing terrible. Nothing in the bass below 120hz.

Erwin Berkers
30-09-2017, 08:04
I prefer the bumper cam - which unfortunately in my car of choice (Audi R8 LMS GT3) puts the engine sounds in the rear surround channels.

I don't like this - I want to hear the engine!

That may be by design of the sound positioning; the mid-engined R8 has the sound origin behind your viewpoint, hence it is rendered behind you.

Erwin Berkers
30-09-2017, 08:13
I can't speak for Unclehubb but I'm going into a AV Receiver from the PS4 Pro via HDMI. Linear PCM.

Have you tried a S/PDIF cable for ruling out problems with HDMI? These optical connection are not so prone to versioning issues as HDMI is (not a problem if all of your equipment is relative new as your PS4 and runs the latest firmware).

My TV gets the sound digitally from PS4 and other devices (Apple TV) via HDMI, and optical out (S/PDIF) fromTV to my 5.1 set. The TV does the sound switching, I remember a weird problem I had with the TV sound configuration that messed op the sound (engine sound in one channel only). But I see you guys have a different problem, sorry I couldn't help more.