PDA

View Full Version : Just Need A Little Help Understanding

Meggido52
27-09-2017, 21:06
Hi, I consider myself a casual motorsports fan so I don't understand all of the rules and regulations. While in career mode i found that some racing types like GT4 don't have actual laps. Instead, you select an amount of time and then race till the clock runs out and then continue to the start/finish line if you're still racing when the time expires. I don't understand what I'm supposed to be racing for. Is it best lap time out of everyone? I'm just really confused as to what I'm trying to beat. I can't find anything on this online so I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

ironik
27-09-2017, 21:18
Hi, I consider myself a casual motorsports fan so I don't understand all of the rules and regulations. While in career mode i found that some racing types like GT4 don't have actual laps. Instead, you select an amount of time and then race till the clock runs out and then continue to the start/finish line if you're still racing when the time expires. I don't understand what I'm supposed to be racing for. Is it best lap time out of everyone? I'm just really confused as to what I'm trying to beat. I can't find anything on this online so I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

If you're talking about practice (always a timer), you just learn the track and make your setup.
If you're talking about qualifications (always a timer), then you try to beat the clock. The faster you'll go the better your place will be on the grid.
If you talk about the race (Lap count or timer), then you try to be first ^^. The race is finished when you cross the finish line after the end of the timer. Basically, you race for position, just like in a race with lap count.

Meggido52
27-09-2017, 21:36
Thanks, yeah it was the race itself that I wasn't sure about but that makes sense now. I appreciate the info!