PDA

View Full Version : Chase camera extremely zommed in

Mario119
27-09-2017, 23:02
Hey all, just download Project CARS 2, and I'm loving it so far. However, there is one pretty big problem that I've ran into. The chase camera is really zoomed in for some reason. The FOV is set to 110 on both games, and I have an ultrawide monitor. However, I've seen gameplay of PCARS 2 on other 21:9 monitors and it looks perfectly normal, so I'm not sure what's going on. It's nigh unplayable since I mostly use the chase cam to race with (used to those Gran Turismo 3 days haha).

Thanks in advance

Killso2
27-09-2017, 23:07
Yes, it's a bug that I've reported before. I hope SMS saw it ( it happens when increasing the FOV ).

Mario119
27-09-2017, 23:15
Yes, it's a bug that I've reported before. I hope SMS saw it ( it happens when increasing the FOV ).

Ah, so it is a bug then? Good to hear it isn't just me, I thought SMS had just changed the camera system or something.

Killso2
27-09-2017, 23:21
I don't know how it looks on your side with a 21/9 screen, but on my 16/9 screen, it obviously looks like a bug to me :/

Mario119
27-09-2017, 23:29
That's pretty much how it looks on my side as well :|

(Don't have enough posts to add a link, so I can't show an image)

Tyl3n0L
28-09-2017, 02:30
Ctrl+K and then use WASD to adjust. It worked for me.

You cannot save it though which is a bummer but at least you can adjust it.

Mario119
29-09-2017, 23:02
That seems to do the trick, albeit temporarily unfortunately. Thanks for the help! Hopefully SMS can fix whatever this is sometime...

MISTER WU
29-09-2017, 23:16
use the [ and ] keys to ajust FOV mate.

drathuu
30-09-2017, 00:44
Yep adjust that cameras field of view.

Mario119
01-10-2017, 04:04
Adjusting the FOV makes the track look quite flat, it looks like the car has no momentum. It works perfectly using the method posted above, but the camera doesn't remember the position it was in.

Ian Bell
01-10-2017, 04:20

It's not a bug, it's a design choice. We can change it of course but let's be careful on what we're labelling bugs please.

Mario119
01-10-2017, 06:27
It's not a bug, it's a design choice. We can change it of course but let's be careful on what we're labelling bugs please.

Is it planned to be changed in the future, perhaps? Or is it something you guys don't want to change? It's fairly annoying to change the camera angle before every race, but then again I've no clue as to the effort it takes to do such a thing, or if it's even anything you and your team wish to do.

Raklodder
01-10-2017, 09:44
I rarely drive with the chase cam (only when playing with my friends using my DS4) but I've to agree, it's a bit too close, but it's obviously not a problem or "bug".

Ian Bell
01-10-2017, 09:52
I rarely drive with the chase cam (only when playing with my friends using my DS4) but I've to agree, it's a bit too close, but it's obviously not a problem or "bug".

I think it's a bit too close also to be fair. It's an easy adjustment. I'll talk to the team.

JohnSchoonsBeard
01-10-2017, 14:33
I like the chase cam close when I use it although mostly I drive in helmet mode. Not so close as in the earlier image though. I do like being able to adjust fov to get as much of the car showing when using chase cam as I can. All of the visible car should be well inside the edge of the screen.

Maybe seat position keys could be used to set chase cam position relative to the car when in that view?

Mario119
01-10-2017, 16:05
I think it's a bit too close also to be fair. It's an easy adjustment. I'll talk to the team.
Thanks mate, appreciate it!

I like the chase cam close when I use it although mostly I drive in helmet mode. Not so close as in the earlier image though. I do like being able to adjust fov to get as much of the car showing when using chase cam as I can. All of the visible car should be well inside the edge of the screen.

Maybe seat position keys could be used to set chase cam position relative to the car when in that view?

That's actually possible at the moment, however the problem is that the camera position isn't saved (it resets after every race). Press Ctrl+K and use WASD to move the camera around to see what I'm talking about.

bmanic
01-10-2017, 16:34

Would it be possibe to make the Seat forward/back/up/down/tilt-up/tilt-down buttons work with the other camera angles as well? Then the user could customize it, like they can in the cockpit.

EDIT: ninjad again

deadly
01-10-2017, 17:03
Would it be possibe to make the Seat forward/back/up/down/tilt-up/tilt-down buttons work with the other camera angles as well? Then the user could customize it, like they can in the cockpit.

EDIT: ninjad again

press ctrl and k, then you can adjust all cameras ;)

bmanic
01-10-2017, 19:47
press ctrl and k, then you can adjust all cameras ;)

I know that.. but the CONSOLE drivers don't have this option and CTRL+K is not saved per car, unlike the Seat positions. Personally I only drive from the cockpit, at all times, but I think it would be logical for all other views to be able to be customized too.

MEFF1091
02-10-2017, 13:53
do you guys use speed sensitive fov option with chase cam? as i remember in pc1, as i go faster car gets far and far. but now in pc2 it is reversed. as ian said is this a design choice too?

JohnSchoonsBeard
03-10-2017, 07:04
do you guys use speed sensitive fov option with chase cam? as i remember in pc1, as i go faster car gets far and far. but now in pc2 it is reversed. as ian said is this a design choice too?

Just swap your setting numbers to reverse the effect.

Mario119
08-10-2017, 08:33
Not sure if any of the developers or Mr. Bell are going to see this, but perhaps adding an option to save custom camera position could be implemented in the camera settings? That would solve the issue perfectly, and allow players to adjust the camera according to their taste.

GittyRivers
09-06-2018, 23:23
I would like to chime in for a game setting change which allows you to put chase camera near or far like you can do in any other racing game and as was stated it was or is in the considerations and an easy game fix. As I have spent more time researching and tweeking this than racing. I vote do it. Just do it. Many thanks.

VADIK12007
25-10-2018, 20:17
I don't understand why the messed up FOV? couldn't you leave the adjustment? or the brain is not enough? return or add a third-person view adjustment.
Many thanks.